Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Boston College - March 5/6

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I don't care to find the link on Boston.com, but for anyone who reads it or gets the Boston Globe, the Hockey East feature this weekend is on the BU-NU series, specifically BU. No mention of this series anywhere. Unbelievable.
    I am more ****ed that the Globe didn't even bother to cover the epic Westfield State-UMass Dartmouth battle the other night.

Fighting the good fight

Comment

Whatever that turd just said, I'm sure it had nothing to do with BC or UNH.

Comment

It looks like somebody ****ed in owlboy's cheerios this morning.
        Fighting the good fight

Comment

I don't care to find the link on Boston.com, but for anyone who reads it or gets the Boston Globe, the Hockey East feature this weekend is on the BU-NU series, specifically BU. No mention of this series anywhere. Unbelievable.
          Oh here, allow me to post it for you.

So, the other times when BC had a home Friday game and got the lead story in the weekly Hockey East column and BU didn't get a mention that is OK? I guess it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Oh here, allow me to post it for you.

So, the other times when BC had a home Friday game and got the lead story in the weekly Hockey East column and BU didn't get a mention that is OK? I guess it is.
            Spare me the

What are you talking about anyway? BC-UNH is for the league title, BU-NU for home-ice. Which is more important? It's as simple as that.

Comment

Spare me the

What are you talking about anyway? BC-UNH is for the league title, BU-NU for home-ice. Which is more important? It's as simple as that.
              Didn't realize the rolleyes smiley hurts your feelings. I'll refrain from using it in the future.

Maybe they tried to call Jerry to talk and he wasn't available and they called Jack and he picked up the phone. Maybe the BU SID did his job and the BC SID was dealing with something else around the plethora of DI teams that BC has and didn't think it was a big deal (which quite frankly blows as your hockey team has brought your school way more success and pride than other sports and your own athletic department treats the team as an after thought it seems) and felt eh, it's a regular season title, it's UNH that creates the tshirts for it, we'll wait for the bigger stuff. Maybe there was a mention of not only the UNH-BC series as well as the other games this weekend and the editor cut copy after the BU-NU part because they needed room for other crap. Could be 10-15 other reasons. This is not a huge slight. I would be willing to bet that if tonight's game was at Conte, there would have been a mention. Unwad your panties and good luck this weekend.

Comment

I happen to think it is a big slight. There's a clear difference between a weekend series determining the champion of the league and one that determines who might end up with home ice. If you're going to cover the league, I think that's at least worth mentioning. As someone posted on boston.com, it comes across as extremely lazy, etc.

Comment

I happen to think it is a big slight. There's a clear difference between a weekend series determining the champion of the league and one that determines who might end up with home ice. If you're going to cover the league, I think that's at least worth mentioning. As someone posted on boston.com, it comes across as extremely lazy, etc.
                  I don't take it as a major slight. More often than not the local coverage of college hockey sucks anyway. Why should this weekend be any different. As far as being lazy goes? Not only does it come across that way. It just is. This is one of the reasons I long ago cancelled my Globe subscription. They used to have the best sports section in the country. The day is not far away when the Boston Globe will cease to exist completely and this is among the reasons why.
                  sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Congrats on the Regular season title.

Too bad, BC choked HARD, would have mad Saturday's game interesting.
                    BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                    National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                    Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Did anyone at the Whitt notice if Craig Janney was waiting for Coach York outside the locker room after the game?
                      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                        Did anyone at the Whitt notice if Craig Janney was waiting for Coach York outside the locker room after the game?
                        Rumor has it he had a heart to heart with Jerry in the tunnel after the game on just how to coach a team to a championship.
                        Thank God... maybe the Eagles can now start winning some post-season hardware under York.
                        Thank you Craig for setting Jerry York straight.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

It would be fitting if tomorrow is another tie.

I don't think the Eagles Chocked. I think each team gave away a period by not being willing to be physical when the other team pushed.

BC physically clogged the middle in the second and UNH wasn't willing to respond. BC wins the period.

UNH decides to respond in the 3rd by going to the hard areas again. One goal and the fire is lit as the crowd gets back in it. BC a little back on their heals has a hard time responding. After it was 3 to 3, BC had a push to try and win and a couple of tense moments.

I watched the game live. I was pretty sure the linesmen whistled the play dead before the second BC goal. I couldn't tell why he would have whistled the play dead, and they ruled a goal anyway, Any who was watching on TV what happened on that play?
                          Last edited by JB; 03-05-2010, 11:03 PM.
                          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                            I watched the game live. I was pretty sure the linesmen whistled the play dead before the second BC goal. I couldn't tell why he would have whistled the play dead, and they ruled a goal anyway, Any who was watching on TV what happened on that play?
                            Watching live on NESN....I'm positive I heard the whistle before the goal...if not before the shot. In fact, my first thought as BC celebrated the "goal" was that it would be waived off because of the whistle before the shot.

The video that NESN kept replaying had, at the very least, the whistle occurring after the puck was on the way (if not in).

Who knows, however, how well the NESN video and audio feeds were in synch.
                            113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Postgame stuff tonight from Biz Jacobs of Inside Hockey.

Recap: http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/6090
                              Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtMzjjEqFhw

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                                Watching live on NESN....I'm positive I heard the whistle before the goal...if not before the shot. In fact, my first thought as BC celebrated the "goal" was that it would be waived off because of the whistle before the shot.

The video that NESN kept replaying had, at the very least, the whistle occurring after the puck was on the way (if not in).

Who knows, however, how well the NESN video and audio feeds were in synch.
                                Any thoughts from the TV crew as to why there was a whistle, I didn't see anything?

Can the refs get audio on the replys? I thought the reason replay took a while to get was they wanted it to be fair for all teams so all areans had to have cameras first. I didn't think UNH had audio so on the replay that would only be NESN. Kinda out there question but I was also trying to figure out what they were looking at if they couldn't hear anything.
                                "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Working...
                                X