Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Boston College - March 5/6

Originally posted by Darius View Post
    Pregame dining suggestions within a 15 minute walk from Conte are much appreciated.
    A little more than 15 minutes for the walk (probably closer to 30)but I'll be at Roggie's for an early dinner and couple of cold ones. It's a quick and easy drive from there though. Look back at the previous discussion in this thread about driving in and parking on campus.
    sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

"Our best advantage is playing at home," said UNH coach Dick Umile. "But if we don't do it (tonight) that doesn't mean we can't win it at their place. It's not like we're intimidated by their place. If we don't do it (tonight) we'll have another opportunity. It's not the end of the world if we don't do it (tonight), but it would be nice to do it here."

Something about this quote I don't like...why even say "if we don't do it tonight"?

Anyway, Milner in net for BC. Quite the goaltending story going on right now.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        "Our best advantage is playing at home," said UNH coach Dick Umile. "But if we don't do it (tonight) that doesn't mean we can't win it at their place. It's not like we're intimidated by their place. If we don't do it (tonight) we'll have another opportunity. It's not the end of the world if we don't do it (tonight), but it would be nice to do it here."

Something about this quote I don't like...why even say "if we don't do it tonight"?

Anyway, Milner in net for BC. Quite the goaltending story going on right now.
        "If we don't do it tonight" three times in the same paragragh doesn't exactly explode with confidence now does it. As for Goalie, a player told me that Jerry said he was going to go with the hot goalie so it seems like the job is Parker's to lose.
        sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Seems like Dick is already expecting to lose tonight.

And he should be concerned coming back to Conte with BC's very good record at home this year.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I would imagine that was in response to asking something like: "how confident do you feel going down there and winnng if you don't win Friday night?" And if you've ever seen/heard him in a press conference, he often repeats the question, several times, in the response. I don't see that as not having confidence. UNH, I believe, has the best home record in Hockey East this year, I imagine they're very confident.

Comment

Assumimg the students aren't on break yet, I never know, the Whitt we will be hoping tonight! I think that the team realizes that they're better chances for the weekend are at home, that's a big DUH...and I wouldn't read anything into Umile's qoutes......he SO enjoys his time with the media!!This will be a great game tonight...playoff hockey come early....and the best part is since it's at the Whitt, I won't have to listen to Janney's BC bias doing the NESN broadcast!! Enjoy everyone.....

Comment

Gameday.

I'm pumped.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                  If I am thinking of the right place, when you get off the T at the BC stop, there's a sub shop right there, on your right, that was very good last time we went down.

Busy place, though, so get there early.
                  Pretty sure the sub shop closed and is now a taqueria.

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                    Assumimg the students aren't on break yet, I never know, the Whitt we will be hoping tonight! I think that the team realizes that they're better chances for the weekend are at home, that's a big DUH...and I wouldn't read anything into Umile's qoutes......he SO enjoys his time with the media!!This will be a great game tonight...playoff hockey come early....and the best part is since it's at the Whitt, I won't have to listen to Janney's BC bias doing the NESN broadcast!! Enjoy everyone.....
                    Students still have classes next week, and student tickets were all scooped up on Monday, so it should be a good atmosphere. I'm pumped!
                    "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      Seems like Dick is already expecting to lose tonight.
                      I think, like other UNH posters, it is just Umile dealing with the media. Watch one of his insidehockey broadcast press conferences. He is clearly happy to be there . I actually find his manerisms comical, like he is resisting pulling the Finnish Olympia "that is a stupid question" line.
                      "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

I don't care to find the link on Boston.com, but for anyone who reads it or gets the Boston Globe, the Hockey East feature this weekend is on the BU-NU series, specifically BU. No mention of this series anywhere. Unbelievable.

Comment

It must be because we're "not in Boston" according to our good friends at BU.
                          Boston College '12
                          1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Pressure is trying to diffuse a bomb that has 15 seconds left on the ticker.
                            Pressure is being a rookie and standing over a 10 foot putt to win the Masters.
                            Pressure is taking a penalty shot, with no ticks left on the clock and your team down one goal.

Confidence eliminates pressure. Skill and preparation exudes confidence.
                            I don't think either team is feeling any pressure going into these games. Just an anxiousness to drop the puck get it on.

Go Eagles!
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              Pressure is taking a penalty shot, with no ticks left on the clock and your team down one goal.

I don't think either team is feeling any pressure going into these games. Just an anxiousness to drop the puck get it on.

Go Eagles!
                              Well said! I'm dyin' to get this thing underway myself. I can only imagine how the players feel.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post

Go Eagles!
                                Well said... except for that last line... GO CATS!.
                                "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Working...
                                X