Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Boston College - March 5/6

Originally posted by SPIN CONTROL View Post
    Last time I checked, these games have no effect on Westfield State either, but you're still watching them!
    DOH!

Parking at BC is easy. I just drive my car onto the steps of the chapel, and when someone starts complaining I simply say "I'm with the Gambino family". Dropping that well known family name on campus works wonders....
    Last edited by Rover; 03-03-2010, 02:22 PM.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I'm too lazy to read through all of the previous posts, but has anyone brought up the implications of a sweep to either teams chances in terms of an NCAA berth???

I think if UNH gets swept they are on the outside looking in personally, with possibly Maine or/and Vermont leaping the Cats... Real strong storylines heading into Friday Night!
      UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        DOH!

Parking at BC is easy. I just drive my car onto the steps of the chapel, and when someone starts complaining I simply say "I'm with the Gabelli family". Dropping that well known family name on campus works wonders....
        FYP.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
          I'm predicting a BC sweep this weekend.
          is this the kiss of death?

Comment

Originally posted by UNH09 View Post
            I'm too lazy to read through all of the previous posts, but has anyone brought up the implications of a sweep to either teams chances in terms of an NCAA berth???

I think if UNH gets swept they are on the outside looking in personally, with possibly Maine or/and Vermont leaping the Cats... Real strong storylines heading into Friday Night!
            Unh as well as Bc are a virtual lock to get an ncaa birth, unless unh loses all remaining games including the first two home playoff games. Bc could probably lose them all and make it in . If unh loses both to bc they will not lose to much ground given bc Ranking. I havent looked closely at there power ranking but aside for unh being 10 th and bc 5th, they couldnt fall too much and that goes for both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
              I assumed he meant a separate campus because I've been there, and that description doesn't fit at all . . .
              Concrete campus, really? I've heard people joke and say it looks like Hogwarts, but never that it is concrete.
              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                DOH!

Parking at BC is easy. I just drive my car onto the steps of the chapel, and when someone starts complaining I simply say "I'm with the Gambino family". Dropping that well known family name on campus works wonders....
                When I last parked at Agganis, a family moved into my car while I was at the game.

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
                  I might be ruining a well kept secret here but if you park above the fourth floor you can drive out off the roof ( not actually off the roof. There is an actual exit that leads to an actual road.) and out onto Comm. Ave. Very quick and easy. You avoid the traffic jam on lower campus.
                  Not half as easy as the old trick of parking on the ground floor in the Beacon garage. Now it's blocked off for donors.
                  Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                    Concrete campus, really? I've heard people joke and say it looks like Hogwarts, but never that it is concrete.
                    You'll have to admit that the walk from St. Ignatius to the arena is not exactly pastoral. Yes there is grass and some trees at BC, decidedly more that at BU or Northeastern. But the construction at BC over the last 25 years (since the Flutie days) has indeed changed what used to be a leafy, suburban campus. BTW, UNH has gotten worse too, so don't feel that I am dumping on BC for this. There is plenty of other material available.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamBC View Post
                      The only thing you need to worry about is if they have the chain up that blocks that exit. Depends what kind of traffic they're expecting.
                      The only time I've found it blocked was with a small crowd during a school break. That may have been a playoff game though. Don't expect it to be blocked this Saturday though. Should be a big crowd even if UNH locks it up Friday. The 6th floor is best as the exit is on the 7th but the 6th is undercover in case it snows or sleets.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                        You'll have to admit that the walk from St. Ignatius to the arena is not exactly pastoral. Yes there is grass and some trees at BC, decidedly more that at BU or Northeastern. But the construction at BC over the last 25 years (since the Flutie days) has indeed changed what used to be a leafy, suburban campus. BTW, UNH has gotten worse too, so don't feel that I am dumping on BC for this. There is plenty of other material available.
                        Greg, the main campus hasn't changed at all. The part around St. Ignatius changed, but the ugly Modulars (RIP) were there in full bloom before the current dorms went up. I've heard a lot of things about Boston College, but even a blind guy wouldn't call that school ugly or concrete. Have you ever walked thru that campus?

If BC is a concrete college, what is BU? And speaking of UNH, you think the area around the rotary near Stoke Hall is something out of a Picasso painting? Come on, man. Dont make yourself sound foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                          The only time I've found it blocked was with a small crowd during a school break. That may have been a playoff game though. Don't expect it to be blocked this Saturday though. Should be a big crowd even if UNH locks it up Friday. The 6th floor is best as the exit is on the 7th but the 6th is undercover in case it snows or sleets.
                          Actually I think the fifth floor is best. You can take the elevator from Campanella to the fourth floor which walks out right onto the fifth floor ( another secret I'm giving away here) in the garage. I've been to most of the home games for the last few years and that is where I almost always park. There was one game about a month ago (I forget exactly which game) that they opened it late. A line formed at the top, some people turned around and tried to come down against traffic going up and generally it was a very thorough Chinese fire drill in the garage. It would have been funny if I hadn't been one of those trapped on the fifth floor trying to get out. Eventually they opened it and we still got out faster than most of the people leaving from the first floor.
                          Last edited by jdevoejr; 03-03-2010, 08:16 PM.
                          sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            Did I just see someone say BC has a "concrete campus"? Talk about ********...
                            Maybe he's confusing BC and UMass? They both wear maroon...
                            Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                            -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                              Not half as easy as the old trick of parking on the ground floor in the Beacon garage. Now it's blocked off for donors.
                              I park there every time BU plays there. Never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
                                Actually I think the fifth floor is best. You can take the elevator from Campanella to the fourth floor which walks out right onto the fifth floor ( another secret I'm giving away here) in the garage. I've been to most of the home games for the last few years and that is where I almost always park. There was one game about a month ago (I forget exactly which game) that they opened it late. A line formed at the top, some people turned around and tried to come down against traffic going up and generally it was a very thorough Chinese fire drill in the garage. It would have been funny if I hadn't been one of those trapped on the fifth floor trying to get out. Eventually they opened it and we still got out faster than most of the people leaving from the first floor.
                                That elevator is a lot less congested and operates more efficiently than the garage as well. Another secret is to enter the main gate and park by Bapst and have no lines at all but it is a little further to walk. You can't do that on a school night though.

Comment

Working...
                                X