Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Hampshire vs. Boston College - March 5/6

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
    Is there a subway station within walking distance from the rink at BC?
    I suppose the BC folks, seeing your handle, will suggest "Symphony" but you may be a tad closer at Cleveland Circle.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveDan View Post
      I suppose the BC folks, seeing your handle, will suggest "Symphony" but you may be a tad closer at Cleveland Circle.
      The thought did cross my mind that I could be misled. I will have my 5 year old daughter with me, so please, no wild goose chases

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        The Green line has a Boston College stop but there is a spot in town where the green line breaks into , i dunno, 3-4 "threads" you may have to get off a green line train and switch to another for the BC stop, i assume you are coming from maybe north station or downtown?? check out the MBTA site
        Thanks for the info!

Comment

Thanks for the info!
          too funny , but , yeah, the Boston College stop is way closer than the Cleveland Circle option which would fall into the category of "wild goose chase"

Comment

The thought did cross my mind that I could be misled. I will have my 5 year old daughter with me, so please, no wild goose chases
            Just drive in and park in the free parking garage. It's incredibly easy to drive in.
            UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Haven't taken the Green Line to BC since I lived in Allston decades ago but my observation is that Conte Forum is a pretty long walk from Cleveland Circle. Taking the Comm Ave line to the end (I assume it is still the end) is a much better choice. Get off, cross the street, and it can't be more than a 5-minute (maybe 10 with a 5 year old) walk through BC's concrete campus before you get to Conte. And much better lighting. That's the way to go IMO.

Comment

Boston College train (B line) to Boston College stop. You'll still have to walk across campus, though. I'd go with 29's suggestion and just drive in. Free parking right next to the rink.
                Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                -Fred Shero

Comment

Looks like driving is my best option. Thanks for the advice fellow college hockey fans!

Comment

Looks like driving is my best option. Thanks for the advice fellow college hockey fans!
                    If you're able, definitely drive. Our parking garage is free on weekends!

The worst part about the B line is that even though it's closest, it's a good hour from downtown.
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Hey, but that famous ole time hockey barn is just two blocks from the Symphony Green Line stop! Conte can't hold a candle to it.
                      . Really.
                      Maybe that would not constitute a wild goose chase...

Comment

Love the shots Ambrose is taking...any more?

Comment

i agree with the driving but you asked for subway, the only thing about the BC garage is that it takes FOREVER to empty after the game especially when there is a big crowd and i believe this will be the case, at least i hope so.......

Comment

i agree with the driving but you asked for subway, the only thing about the BC garage is that it takes FOREVER to empty after the game especially when there is a big crowd and i believe this will be the case, at least i hope so.......
                            I'm might be ruining a well kept secret here but if you park above the fourth floor you can drive out off the roof ( not actually off the roof. There is an actual exit that leads to a road.)and out onto Comm. Ave. Very quick and easy. You avoid the traffic jam on lower campus.
                            sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

I might be ruining a well kept secret here but if you park above the fourth floor you can drive out off the roof ( not actually off the roof. There is an actual exit that leads to an actual road.) and out onto Comm. Ave. Very quick and easy. You avoid the traffic jam on lower campus.
                              sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

I might be ruining a well kept secret here but if you park above the fourth floor you can drive out off the roof ( not actually off the roof. There is an actual exit that leads to an actual road.) and out onto Comm. Ave. Very quick and easy. You avoid the traffic jam on lower campus.

Comment

Working...
                                X