• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNHhockey29
    replied
    Re: New Hampshire vs. Boston College - March 5/6

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    BC tends to do ok in the NCAAs even when the league is mediocre. Take 2008 for example. It's nice to be a fan of a program that knows the big games are in March and April and not in October and November. You'll just have to take my word for it while you revel in your regular season title again.
    If there was a big game in October or November this year we weren't going to win. I can assure you of that.

Leave a comment:

• Carmine Scarpaglia
    replied

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.
    BC tends to do ok in the NCAAs even when the league is mediocre. Take 2008 for example. It's nice to be a fan of a program that knows the big games are in March and April and not in October and November. You'll just have to take my word for it while you revel in your regular season title again.

Leave a comment:

• TonyTheTiger20
    replied

All we UNHers are taking solace in the fact that we were pre-season ranked at best fourth, took first place in mid-November and held on to it through the end of the season. Given where UNH started, their fans will take that as a real accomplishment.
    And BC was predicted to be SUPER AWESOME right?
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.
    I'm not even going to bother wrapping my head around this one.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Ambrose
    replied

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
    UNH wins the regular season a lot but wins the HE tourney very seldom and doesn't play in Frozen Fours very much.

BC (although having the most RS titles) hasn't won many recently, but wins the HE tourney a lot and is in the Frozen Four very often.

BC has more Frozen Four appearances in the last ten years than Regular Season crowns.

Do the math and explain to me why BC fans should take the RS crown very seriously.
    No one said they should. But I bet if you asked the BC players after the game on Friday, they would rather have played for the win than go for a tie (old folks reference - anybody remember Ara Parseghian?). All we UNHers are taking solace in the fact that we were pre-season ranked at best fourth, took first place in mid-November and held on to it through the end of the season. Given where UNH started, their fans will take that as a real accomplishment. We have no illusions about our team, it is very flawed and could be bounced out this week or the next. The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Leave a comment:

• theprofromdover
    replied

[QUOTE=Greg Ambrose;4678478]
    Originally posted by e.cat View Post

No you didn't. And you better define diatribe for me, because I don't think I engaged in one. I'm not Catholic, so if you tell me that moving a grave is okay, so be it, even if it is one containing a member of the College of Cardinals. I bet somewhere on catholic.org you'll find it's okay to "nurture" 10 year old boys as well. Better check with Cardinal Law before you answer. End of discussion.
    What a small minded, pathetic little man you are. I'm sure the rest of the UHN fan base is proud of you.

Leave a comment:

• Onion Man
    replied

[QUOTE=Greg Ambrose;4678478]
    Originally posted by e.cat View Post

No you didn't. And you better define diatribe for me, because I don't think I engaged in one. I'm not Catholic, so if you tell me that moving a grave is okay, so be it, even if it is one containing a member of the College of Cardinals. I bet somewhere on catholic.org you'll find it's okay to "nurture" 10 year old boys as well. Better check with Cardinal Law before you answer. End of discussion.

On to hockey.
    Wow, I bet you think the Vatican is a concrete campus, too. Idiot.

Leave a comment:

• Onion Man
    replied

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
    BTW, I love all of the "UNH didn't beat BC this year" talk. Who is it that always says that the Regular Season doesn't matter? Oh right, BC fans.
    UNH wins the regular season a lot but wins the HE tourney very seldom and doesn't play in Frozen Fours very much.

BC (although having the most RS titles) hasn't won many recently, but wins the HE tourney a lot and is in the Frozen Four very often.

BC has more Frozen Four appearances in the last ten years than Regular Season crowns.

Do the math and explain to me why BC fans should take the RS crown very seriously.

Leave a comment:

• Carmine Scarpaglia
    replied

I bet somewhere on catholic.org you'll find it's okay to "nurture" 10 year old boys as well. Better check with Cardinal Law before you answer. End of discussion.

On to hockey.
    Wow. Nice job.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Ambrose
    replied

[QUOTE=e.cat;4678288]

i'm not interested in some diatribe about the failings of mankind and their institutions. where does it say in catholic teaching that you can't move a grave? cuz i wasn't taught that one. check this website. maybe you can find it there. http://www.catholic.org/encyclopedia/

i replied to your post and subsequently quoted you in another post word for word. so what? i already said you were catholic bashing.

On to hockey.
    Last edited by Greg Ambrose; 03-07-2010, 07:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Darius
    replied

Too much drivel. Back to the HE Quarterfinals: #8 Vermont @ #1 New Hampshire and 2009-2010 UNH Wildcats Season threads for this toothless hillbilly...

Leave a comment:

• e.cat
    replied

[QUOTE=Greg Ambrose;4677645]

You didn't quote me, you just replied to my post. If you think what I stated is case of anti-Catholic bias, go ahead and say so. Can we agree that no institution, religious or secular, adheres to their teachings all the time?
    i'm not interested in some diatribe about the failings of mankind and their institutions. where does it say in catholic teaching that you can't move a grave? cuz i wasn't taught that one. check this website. maybe you can find it there. http://www.catholic.org/encyclopedia/

i replied to your post and subsequently quoted you in another post word for word. so what? i already said you were catholic bashing.

Leave a comment:

• Carmine Scarpaglia
    replied

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
    Why is it that a 30 game season means less than a 3 game seires?
    At least get your bad arguments right. It's a 27 game season in which UNH bested BC by 1 point. Anything beyond that and really, you know... BC is in better shape.

Carry on, hillbillies.

Leave a comment:

• TonyTheTiger20
    replied

This is awesome lol

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    IT HAS BEGUN!
    The thing that is funny is the answer is obvious.

The end of season tournament championship rewards the "hot" team at the end of the year.

The regular season championship rewards the team that could handle the grind consistently over 5 months. In general if you are good enough to win the regular season your going to get an at large invite if you don't win it all.

However if you are hot (like for example MC this year) at the end of the year you get the chance to earn your way in based on how you are playing right now.

Leave a comment:

• TonyTheTiger20
    replied

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
    Why is it that a 30 game season means less than a 3 game seires? Why does the tourney winner get the auto bid, when simply a hot goaltender can be a championship difference? How does this make any sense in making the arguement that a regular season means something?
    IT HAS BEGUN!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X