• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Boston College - March 5/6

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Do I think BC is better than UNH? Yes.
    i'm still not convinced are you?

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
    You think the pressure would really be on BC if these teams met in the Garden? I think it would be the opposite. UNH has been on top of Hockey East all season long and I dont think theyve beaten BC in the postseason since 1997. I think the pressure would be on them. Besides, BC seems to thrive on pressure. UNH? Not sure.
    which team is the pressure on tonight?
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Congrats to UNH, another banner to hang
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

BC's second was a good goal. Very clear the puck was coming back out of the net when the whistle can be heard. Of course light travels much faster than sound, so you saw the goal way before you heard the whistle, when in fact in real time he may have actually blown the whistle before the puck crossed the goal line....somebody can probably calculate that, but I doubt anyone from UNH or BC would be capable.

In other news, its a beautiful sunny morning here in Maine, and these Bears seem intent on killing their chances for playoff home ice. I'm just glad I'll be in Culebra week after next so I cant listen to them struggle trying to get to or out of the Garden. Friggin bums!
        Last edited by acs64; 03-06-2010, 06:39 AM.
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          I am.
          I can't see UNH beating BC after the regular season ends.
          Men against boys.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Have you not been to the Whitt in a while? We don't do that anymore.
            UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              I am.
              Men against boys.
              men don't quit after 40 minutes against the top teams in the league

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Congrats to Maine, back to having hockey after the first week in March.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post

which team is the pressure on tonight?
                  it looks like UNH's top gear is as good if not better than BC's, trouble is, They only reach that for a few minutes each game. UNH can't keep playing from behind in the 3rd period... BC is the more talented team, but, just like in November, they picked the wrong period to stop playing...
                  UNH, I think, has more pressure tonight, they need another point or two to stay in the top 10 of the PWR, I'd imagine. BC is still solidly in..

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                    it looks like UNH's top gear is as good if not better than BC's, trouble is, They only reach that for a few minutes each game. UNH can't keep playing from behind in the 3rd period... BC is the more talented team, but, just like in November, they picked the wrong period to stop playing...
                    UNH, I think, has more pressure tonight, they need another point or two to stay in the top 10 of the PWR, I'd imagine. BC is still solidly in..
                    i think it is on BC tonight. a tie and a loss or 2 ties, what ever , is not the way to go into the post season especially after this nice run. a solid win tonight gets them 3 out of 4 points this weekend against a very good team and makes a huge difference going further AND keeps them "solidly" in line for a #2 seed in NCAA's

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      I am.
                      Men against boys.
                      you lose all credibility with that last comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      i think it is on BC tonight. a tie and a loss or 2 ties, what ever , is not the way to go into the post season especially after this nice run. a solid win tonight gets them 3 out of 4 points this weekend against a very good team and makes a huge difference going further AND keeps them "solidly" in line for a #2 seed in NCAA's
                      i think you're right on.

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                      you can't win on talent alone, right

i think bc has a bit more pressure on them tonight imho. there are obviously ncaa implications for both teams though.

Comment

I disagree with the pressure being on BC. With Hockey East implications out of the way, tonight's game is all about the Pairwise. UNH needs the Pairwise boost more than BC does. It's still not the playoffs, yet, so I don't put much stock into the argument that BC needs momentum. We've all seen what Jerry York's teams can do in the second season, and this year's version looks as talented as I've seen in the last 5 years.
                        "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                          I disagree with the pressure being on BC. With Hockey East implications out of the way, tonight's game is all about the Pairwise. UNH needs the Pairwise boost more than BC does. It's still not the playoffs, yet, so I don't put much stock into the argument that BC needs momentum. We've all seen what Jerry York's teams can do in the second season, and this year's version looks as talented as I've seen in the last 5 years.
                          i'm no pwr guru but i if you're right then i guess you are saying that a unh win helps unh more than a bc loss hurts bc. the reality is that the pairwise will probably change a lot as we move through the league tournament games no matter what happens tonight, no? obviously there are many possibilities but let's say unh loses tonight but faces bc again in the semis or the final and wins, wouldn't that nullify a bc win tonight?

Comment

I meant that because BC is ranked more highly in the Pairwise, they have more wiggle room. And as optimistic as I've been about this UNH team all year, the thought of losing to BC tonight and beating them in the Hockey East finals hasn't really crossed my mind year .
                            "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post

L-L-L-T-L-W
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                L-L-L-T-L-W
                                huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X