Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playoffs: Brown @ RPI (3/5, 3/6, and maybe 3/7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoffs: Brown @ RPI (3/5, 3/6, and maybe 3/7)

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    RPI Lines are up: http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...art.pdf?id=636

D;Amigo/Polacek/Helfrich
    AAG/Pirri/O'Grady
    Lee/Malchuk/Watts
    Cullen/Kerins/Brutlag

JFK/Merth
    Bergin/Foss
    Jensen/ Burgerdoerfer
    AAG's back. So the scratches are Zarbo, Vassel, Beauregard, Halpern, Smith, and Rabbani.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From my vantage point on the second goal (granted, not the best seeing as it was from section 33), it looked like York got run over / tripped / interfered with in a significant manner, leading to a wide open net.

But, with the lack of effort that the Engineers showed until they were down 2-1, it is very difficult to imagine this game turning out in any other fashion. Let's hope they show up tomorrow energized and ready to win.
      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

We'll have to check the video footage when it's posted, but I would guess it will just show that York deserves an assist.

Comment

Seemed to me York just made a poor choice-he often scares the heck out of me when he handles the puck. Lackluster performance by most of hte team and brown played a very smart aggressive game. Backs to the wall now and we find out if this team has the backbone to come back and win 2 games in a row.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
            From my vantage point on the second goal (granted, not the best seeing as it was from section 33), it looked like York got run over / tripped / interfered with in a significant manner, leading to a wide open net.

But, with the lack of effort that the Engineers showed until they were down 2-1, it is very difficult to imagine this game turning out in any other fashion. Let's hope they show up tomorrow energized and ready to win.
            I was watching the video - looked more like any contact was initiated by York as he dove back into/through the crease to block the initial shot, leaving a juicy rebound after a stacked-pad leg save. There was a Brown player at the top of the crease, but there's no way York would have recovered in time to do anything about the rebound no matter what.
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post

I just saw the replay of the goals on Ch. 13...Peter Merth is going to have a sleepless night after seeing his lack of effort/intensity/motivation on the 1st goal....nothing he did tonight resembled defense. If that's all Peter's got to offer us, then park his butt and give me Zarbo...at least I know a) he'll be hungry on the ice...and b) he is capable of releasing a shot sometime before the cows come home.

I can't stomach much more of Jerry getting hammered and our guys not getting a pound of flesh. I FAR prefer killng off 2 minutes after delivering a message, then killing 2 for Pirri running his mouth.

One of the guys in my section mentioned how odd it is that Seth came out of Denver /WCHA where if your team takes a cheap run at a goalie or a top forward, you can bet your fannie your guy is next. There is no question. For some reason, our team doesn't have this mentality...pretty lame, IMO.

OK I promise I'm done beeayatching...can't change game 1.
              Hopefully we'll have short memories and come out skating downhill tomorrow.
              Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 03-05-2010, 10:39 PM.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                I just saw the replay of the goals on Ch. 13...Peter Merth is going to have a sleepless night after seeing his lack of effort/intensity/motivation on the 1st goal....nothing he did tonight resembled defense. If that's all Peter's got to offer us, then park his butt and give me Zarbo...at least I know a) he'll be hungry on the ice...and b) he is capable of releasing a shot sometime before the cows come home.

I can't stomach much more of Jerry getting hammered and our guys not getting a pound of flesh. I FAR prefer killng off 2 minutes after delivering a message, then killing 2 for Pirri running his mouth.

One of the guys in my section mentioned how odd it is that Seth came out of Denver /WCHA where if your team takes a cheap run at a goalie or a top forward, you can bet your fannie your guy is next. There is no question. For some reason, our team doesn't have this mentality...pretty lame, IMO.

OK I promise I'm done beeayatching...can't change game 1.
                Hopefully we'll have short memories and come out skating downhill tomorrow.
                My thoughts exactly. Upperclassmen have to take a leadership position. I may have mentioned that somewhere else. Pirri running his mouth because an expendable upperclassmen isn't taken care of business. Right RC? Or am I being to critical.

Comment

Video from last night's game is up:
                  http://www.rpitv.org/productions/286...ship-1st-round

Today's game will be broadcast on rpitv.org for all to enjoy here:
                  http://www.rpitv.org/live/ - it currently says "Current Staff and Students only", however this restriction will be lifted for the remainder of this playoff series.

Broadcast starts at roughly 6:52, though the stream will be up well in advance. We'll have Ustream as a backup should Brown hit the fan.
                  Last edited by RHamilton; 03-06-2010, 12:46 AM.
                  RPI Class of 2012
                  Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Thanks for the report, LF. I'll be watching these two games (and the Sabres' Friday night game) tomorrow.
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                    X