X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    Hey we won! Nice deke and upper corner shot by Schroeder on the first goal. I watched the BTN webfeed, which incidently was a very bad feed with an MSU slant, and it looked like MSU struggled a bit all night to get good scoring chances.
    Yeah I watched the feed as well and the MSU color guy was such a homer he kept yelling every time MSU would get close to scoring or if it looked like there was a penalty committed against them funny stuff.

The goal by Schroeder was awesome I think the D had to get a new jock after that one. Decent game and I agree we played much better in front of Patterson than we did the night before keeping most of the play to the outside.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
      Yeah I watched the feed as well and the MSU color guy was such a homer he kept yelling every time MSU would get close to scoring or if it looked like there was a penalty committed against them funny stuff.
      "That's it!"
      "Go, GO, GO!"
      "Oh MAAAAN"
      "Set it up, boys!"
      "Wow, Scott"

Hey, we love'm
      Last edited by owslachief; 11-29-2009, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Looks like Ballard has been working on his stick handling...
        "You can't let a kid come across the blue line that far unmolested" Lou Nanne commentating during the MN high school tournament

Losing to the Mavericks would be as pathetic as the sight of my MySpace page.....HFR

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU HELMET GUY View Post
          You should see how he can handle a broom.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU HELMET GUY View Post
            wow...what a moron

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
              wow...what a moron
              He is for doing, but I've seen so many pros do the same thing. It's really ridiculous, let's leave the temper-tantrums to my three-year-old.
              Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Larch View Post
                He is for doing, but I've seen so many pros do the same thing. It's really ridiculous, let's leave the temper-tantrums to my three-year-old.
                Hit their goaltender in the back of the head with their stick...I don't think I've seen that before...
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Pulled these quotes from an article on Notre Dame firing Weis. I couldn't help relating them to my favorite hockey team:

With the exception of Pittsburgh, none of the four teams that beat Notre Dame in November and sent Charlie Weis packing had more talent on defense than did the Irish. And certainly none of them, not even the Cardinal with the amazing Toby Gerhart, had more talent on offense.

The error is in believing that talent matters so much more than chemistry, or motivation or strategy, all intangibles upon which a coach must deliver.

Talent matters, but not as much as determination and discipline. Not in college football. In the next two to three years you are going to see more players from Notre Dame taken in the NFL draft than from Navy, Connecticut or Stanford. Even from Michigan. If talent were the most important element, Notre Dame would be far better than a .500 outfit the past two seasons because to be a .500 program would mean that the Irish were right at the median, in terms of talent, of their opponents. That simply was not the case.

In the past five seasons Notre Dame was all about schematic advantage and five-star recruits and not enough about plain old grit. As this program moves forward, its principles might want to acquaint (or reacquaint) themselves with the aforementioned classic Sinatra tune. Or, to go a little more, but not much more, contemporary, they could view the final moments of the 1989 Cameron Crowe film "Say Anything".

Diane: "Nobody thinks it will work, do they?"

Lloyd: "No. You just described every great success story."

Comment

Apparently ESPN got ahold of Lucia about the Ballard incident and here is part of what he had to say (emphasis mine):

"There's no pretense, there's no arrogance, there's no cockiness at all," Lucia said. "He comes from the Minnesotan border from parents who are great people ... This one incident shouldn't impact him as a player and a person in a negative way. Something that was so unintentional. Because I'd take a team of Keith Ballards any day."

God isn't that the truth. Find some more Ballards coach!

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      Hit their goaltender in the back of the head with their stick...I don't think I've seen that before...
                      No, break their stick over the goal when they get scored on. It was one of those things I looked at and thought; "Sooner or later that's going to end badly for somebody, worse than the actual goal".
                      Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                        Apparently ESPN got ahold of Lucia about the Ballard incident and here is part of what he had to say (emphasis mine):

"There's no pretense, there's no arrogance, there's no cockiness at all," Lucia said. "He comes from the Minnesotan border from parents who are great people ... This one incident shouldn't impact him as a player and a person in a negative way. Something that was so unintentional. Because I'd take a team of Keith Ballards any day."

God isn't that the truth. Find some more Ballards coach!
                        Lucia is right. Keith Ballard is not a hack by any means, and apparently the review of the play will not even result in a penalty:

The Florida Panthers won't discipline defenseman Keith Ballard for his reckless swing of the stick that lacerated the ear of his goaltender, Tomas Vokoun, and knocked him out of Monday's loss to the Atlanta Thrashers.
                        Neither will the NHL. League spokesman Gary Meagher said Colin Campbell, the NHL's director of hockey operations, didn't consider a suspension.

"We never considered a suspension," Panthers general manager Randy Sexton said. "It was an accident, and (Ballard) felt terrible about it."

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                          Lucia is right. Keith Ballard is not a hack by any means, and apparently the review of the play will not even result in a penalty:
                          2min in the box for slashing your own goalie.
                          Feel much shame.
                          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Looks like MN will only lose one player (Schroeder) to the world junior tourney team.

Hope he comes back.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                              Hope he comes back.
                              He'll be back. Schroeder would definitely comeback to say goodbye before he leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                                Hope he comes back.
                                The way the team is playing though, not sure if I would blame him if he didn't come back.

Comment

Working...
                                X