X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by BeaverFan View Post
    Plenty more where that came from!
    Plenty? No. The irony is this same Gophers team shut the Beavers down on the Friday night game more than any other team the Beavers have played this season.

Comment

It's over. Start praying they can build the team back up in a few years and not finally turn into the football program which used to be national champions as well back in the day.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        It's over. Start praying they can build the team back up in a few years and not finally turn into the football program which used to be national champions as well back in the day.
        Hey you're alive. The thing that really concerns me is the lack of effort last night and other nights. This is a talented team and they're not playing up to their potential. That's a coaching issue.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
          Plenty? No. The irony is this same Gophers team shut the Beavers down on the Friday night game more than any other team the Beavers have played this season.
          That's gotten you far, no?
          Great moments...are born from great opportunity.
          THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Otherwise I'd stab myself in the groin with a handful of toothpicks, because it'd be less painful.
            If you can't be the best, you might as well suffer the best.

Comment

Hey you're alive. The thing that really concerns me is the lack of effort last night and other nights. This is a talented team and they're not playing up to their potential. That's a coaching issue.
              My prediciton is Lucia is done after this year one way or the other. I think his health is still an issue, and it seems like a fitting time to end with his son finishing up. I really have nothing to base this on other than intuition and rumor. I think he has lost this team. Losing is one thing when you're busting your balls. Lack of sustained effort and losing is far worse.
              Panzer for Hobey.

"With one team playing at home, the audience was understandably dominated by maroon and gold sweaters. One notable exception was the fan who showed up wearing a replica of Alaska Anchorage’s bright gold third sweaters."
              INCH, March 27, 2005

Seawolf Jersey Guy is my alter ego.

Comment

Originally posted by gordwiser View Post
                My prediciton is Lucia is done after this year one way or the other. I think his health is still an issue, and it seems like a fitting time to end with his son finishing up. I really have nothing to base this on other than intuition and rumor. I think he has lost this team. Losing is one thing when you're busting your balls. Lack of sustained effort and losing is far worse.
                Actually Lucia has stated that his health has gradually improved and he's running quite a bit again now. But I agree I think it appears at the moment Lucia has lost the ability to inspire the team to dig deeper. The under performance is definitely a coaching issue. If that can be corrected the team is capable of much better outcomes. I do wonder though whether Lucia has the same vigor and inspiration as a coach that he has demonstrated in the past.

Comment

I was in a place with no computer.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

For once I am not angry that the Gophers are not on TV. I am not happy, but not angry neither.

Off to Gasthof zur Gemütlichkeit & Mario's Keller Bar tonight. I probably won't remember the entirety of this season thus far tomorrow morning.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Yeah, I don't get it. They talk about the 20 NHL draft picks on this team and 4 of them are 1st rounders! I actually look forward to watching good college hockey anytime I can..and because of the gophers contract I'm usually able to watch more gopher games than any other team..well, until this year with Fox College Sports televising Sioux games. What the F is going on with this team? Who's that #19 who's supposed to light it up this year? Has he "checked-out" too? The gopher PP has been fun to watch in the past years (except vs. the Sioux). I see alot of heads hanging in between shifts and the players used to hang over the boards just dying to get back on the ice..don't see much of that anymore either. Lucia's future with Minnesota may be coming to and end....
                      Wet-Dreams of College Hockey on the West Coast!

Comment

Originally posted by gordwiser View Post
                        I don't think Lucia will be fired if Brewster is fired. I don't think the U can take the hit of having to pay two coaches after just finishing paying two coaches off(Monson and Mason). They may not have the money and it wouldn't look good in this economic time while crying to the state about not having enough money. I could see Lucia stepping down though.

Comment

Hey we won! Nice deke and upper corner shot by Schroeder on the first goal. I watched the BTN webfeed, which incidently was a very bad feed with an MSU slant, and it looked like MSU struggled a bit all night to get good scoring chances. The Gophers played fairly good defense in front of the net and kept MSU on the perimeter. Carmen had a nice shot on a screen by Birkholz for the GWG with only a couple minutes left. Patterson played very well. He stopped a breakaway early that kept Gophers in it.

Overall, the Gophers played with a lot more heart and head than against Mich. If they can keep that level of play consistent they just might end up with a decent season.

Comment

I wonder about this comment. There isn't enough scoring talent on this team to come back from a 2-3 goal deficit? Sounds very fatalistic to me.
                            I'd like to know why the **** he recruited a team incapable of coming back from a 2-3 goal deficit. A few seasons ago, only Hirsch was a mental case on the team. Now the entire team has lost it upstairs. Perhaps Lucia should take a shrink with him on recruiting trips in the future to look for fragile psyches so he can avoid making the mistake of signing these players.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                              I'd like to know why the **** he recruited a team incapable of coming back from a 2-3 goal deficit. A few seasons ago, only Hirsch was a mental case on the team. Now the entire team has lost it upstairs. Perhaps Lucia should take a shrink with him on recruiting trips in the future to look for fragile psyches so he can avoid making the mistake of signing these players.
                              That was my sentiment in reading the comment as well. If you don't believe your recruits can comeback from a 2-3 goal deficit, why recruit a group of players like that in the first place? Ironically a lot of these players did score a lot of goals before joining the Gophers. Secondly, I've always understood that a coach's responsibility is to inspire, motivate and develop your players and the team to step up and overcome obstacles like that at all costs (i.e. Herbie). That's what I've always understood Gopher hockey was to represent. Telling a team you have inherent ceiling on your performance level doesn't seem right to me. So if an opposing team is ahead by 2-4 goals, I guess the Gophers should just hit showers then. Comments like that make me wonder about whether Lucia has the ability and/or desire to motivate.
                              Last edited by HarleyMC; 11-29-2009, 05:22 AM.

Comment

I've been thinking that since Tubby Smith is a really great motivator maybe Lucia should ask him to speak to the hockey team.

Thay did beat #8 Michigan Sate last night though.

Comment

Working...
                                X