X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    Unless things change the season is going to be long.
    It already is. I can't help but feel that the Gophers just lost three in a row to teams that looked inferior skillwise to them. Granted, things didn't really bounce their way this weekend, and the refs didn't really help their momentum last night, with a couple calls on non-existent penalties when they had the lead. But they should have enough skill and drive to rebound from those things, instead of half the team starting to stand around. Schroeder is looking pretty good lately, but that is balanced out by a few others. Flynn had one good shift last night where he controlled the puck using his strength and created a couple chances. I expected to see that somewhat regularly as he had some games like that towards the end of last season. However, that was about the first shift I noticed him this year.

They need to start winning some games or the season is lost. What a waste of all last summer's anticipation. They just don't ever look like they believe in themselves, and teams that don't believe, will always underperform.

Comment

Can we go back to recruiting 1-and-done talents? I am tired of losing already.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

The esoteric number 23 has been summoned on the 23rd for 23 invocations of silence and reflection among those who mourn, for the voiceless prey continue to render their brain pulp to the voiceless messenger who feeds upon all who hath tormented me, and the agony of the is to be shall only sustain itself in shreiks of pain, and serve as signals of warning to those who have resented my being. Be forewarned, for from the day of summoning and the sounding forth of retribution by the guardians of benign power, the bifid barbs of torment and bewilderment relentlessly mock the arrogant and strong until the time is complete. Let those who have ears hear the sound of the anguish of the one whom you have trodden under foot. Let those who have ears listen to the sounds of the venomous minions that have carried the bitter sting of scorpions upon his soul. All will be accomplished in the day. No return shall be permitted until the sanctity of the mind that lurks in arrogance is reeling with remorse. These are the signs that from their going forth shall pierce those who mocked my being and thereof the angles of the first dimension become the substance of the third. The vital salts within shall not flow unhindered, but a stagnant morass of stifling confusion will reach the heights of arrogance and penetrate all that lies in the path of retribution benumbing them to helpless futility according to the spirit of him who waits in remembrance as the 23rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Jockstock View Post
          The esoteric number 23 has been summoned on the 23rd for 23 invocations of silence and reflection among those who mourn, for the voiceless prey continue to render their brain pulp to the voiceless messenger who feeds upon all who hath tormented me, and the agony of the is to be shall only sustain itself in shreiks of pain, and serve as signals of warning to those who have resented my being. Be forewarned, for from the day of summoning and the sounding forth of retribution by the guardians of benign power, the bifid barbs of torment and bewilderment relentlessly mock the arrogant and strong until the time is complete. Let those who have ears hear the sound of the anguish of the one whom you have trodden under foot. Let those who have ears listen to the sounds of the venomous minions that have carried the bitter sting of scorpions upon his soul. All will be accomplished in the day. No return shall be permitted until the sanctity of the mind that lurks in arrogance is reeling with remorse. These are the signs that from their going forth shall pierce those who mocked my being and thereof the angles of the first dimension become the substance of the third. The vital salts within shall not flow unhindered, but a stagnant morass of stifling confusion will reach the heights of arrogance and penetrate all that lies in the path of retribution benumbing them to helpless futility according to the spirit of him who waits in remembrance as the 23rd.
          In my best Jeff Spicoli.......DUDE...you got any more ?

Comment

Jockstock/Harley's first appearance since the "outing"?

Brad over on the Sioux blog made a comment about how 9 of the Gophers next 10 opponents have losing records. If the Gophers are going to turn it around, they can certainly start now.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Apply for DIII status, the gophers could be competitive against St. John's, etc.

I'm here to help.
              Bob is making me concerned
              I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                Would you give yourself the keys? Yeah... didn't think so.
                I didn't say Jup made a bad decision!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                  I didn't say Jup made a bad decision!
                  Yeah.... I had zero internet while on vacation, which was a good thing actually. Unfortunately the server needed to be restarted and even if I gave you more access to the board it would not have helped. You needed server access, which is a totally separate thing than being the message board admin. So it's a completely different ball game.
                  Gopher Puck Live

Comment

So I am not familiar with all the USCHO forum protocol. After what date can I expect to see a "tubes" thread started? If they get swept by the CCHA, will that be enough? After all, there are essentially 2 "Fire Lucia" threads already.

And since I am lazy and haven't gotten an answer elsewhere, is the MICh game on FSN on Friday and the MSU one not televised?

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter View Post
                      You needed server access, which is a totally separate thing than being the message board admin. So it's a completely different ball game.
                      Which is even a better decision by you!
                      I blamed goalphers for the whole thing.
                      Originally posted by Koho View Post
                      And since I am lazy and haven't gotten an answer elsewhere, is the MICh game on FSN on Friday and the MSU one not televised?
                      Correct.
                      The MSU game is also not on the radio, it is on static (AM1570) so if one happens to live across the street from the transmitter and adjust the tin foil hat correctly one could possibly listen to the game - at least until the sun sets.

Comment

Hey, could somebody quick list all the guys you have that have commited and are scheduled to play next year? I met a woman last night who's son is supposed to play for the U next year and I forgot his name.
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          Hey, could somebody quick list all the guys you have that have commited and are scheduled to play next year? I met a woman last night who's son is supposed to play for the U next year and I forgot his name.
                          Heisenberg's list is probably the best source.

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                            Would you give yourself the keys? Yeah... didn't think so.
                            His wife doesn't even let him have keys.

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                            So I am not familiar with all the USCHO forum protocol. After what date can I expect to see a "tubes" thread started?
                            That's all Happy's call...he's the resident USCHO tube expert.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                              Those sue fans ruin everything.
                              Well they smell from living in the siouxer where all the other waste goes.

I bet you and dirty (as in dirty siouxer fan) have a nice go around on here once and a while happy
                              BEAVER FEVER!

Comment

Christian Isackson, that was it. For some reason I kept thinking it was Erickson, and that just didn't seem right.
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X