X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Don't bother using reason then. Just say "Your mom" and be done with it.
    Good idea.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

The KRACH also has you guys as the strongest SOS so far. Just some food for thought.
      Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
        The KRACH also has you guys as the strongest SOS so far. Just some food for thought.
        Don't matter one iota.

Team hasn't shown anything yet. No surprise wins, not really any surprise losses. Just one big boring middle of the road team. Exactly what we don't expect or want here.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Don't matter one iota.
          Well, it might matter a little bit. Unfortunately, this team has shown an inability to consistently pass well let alone show any coherent plan of attack in the offensive zone. My expectations for any Gopher team is that it comes up the ice quickly with sharp passing and puts a lot of pucks on net. That has happened very little this year no matter who the opponent was.

Comment

You guys have shown the ability to strike quickly after a turnover. You made a living off of UW's mistakes 2 weeks ago. Now, just find a way to control play and you'll be back to your dominating selves.
            Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Don't matter one iota.

No surprise wins, not really any surprise losses. Just one big boring middle of the road team. Exactly what we don't expect or want here.
              Almost won @ UND.
              But now SCSU gets the glory and satisfaction of having beaten UND at home.

How long can Don Lucia survive there, in the middle of the road, before getting run over or chased off the road completely?
              "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

If any of the following happen this season: 1) middle of the pack, 2) miss NCAAs (missing F5 will also hurt), or 3) another player leaves, there will be a Gopher fan meltdown and Don Lucia's future will be questionable.

EDIT:

There's still a lot of hockey left to play.
                Last edited by HarleyMC; 11-19-2009, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                  ...outscored 12-9 in the third.
                  Sounds more like the Gophers are not as well conditioned as the competition. Just maybe if the Gophers had a coach like Dean Blais the team would be in top physical condition.

http://www.omaha.com/article/2009091...TS03/709159822

Last season, UNO got off to a school-record 12-4-3 start but fizzled in the second half, finishing 15-17-8.

“The way we've been working, we've pushed ourselves to a new level,” DelGrosso said. “We thought we had a good start last year, and we thought we worked hard. But this year, it's 10 times what it was last year. So I definitely think everybody's excited to get going.”
                  "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                    Sounds more like the Gophers are not as well conditioned as the competition. Just maybe if the Gophers had a coach like Dean Blais the team would be in top physical condition.

Reading the article dates will help you to stay current on your resource material . Conditioning has not been a huge issue this season.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post

Still living in the past glory years.
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

GPL forums still down?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          GPL forums still down?
                          Up and down, they occasionally work. Jup's out of town this week with little/no access and I don't have the keys.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                            Up and down, they occasionally work. Jup's out of town this week with little/no access and I don't have the keys.
                            ****, that's like the rents going out of town and hiding the LQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                              Would you give yourself the keys? Yeah... didn't think so.
                              I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Unless things change the season is going to be long.
                                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X