• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by ajoyce02 View Post
    I hope it's Jockstock.

*Fingers crossed*
    Which fingers? Wow, and I thought we were bros.

Comment

I bet Sam Lofquist comes back to Lucia crying sorry for leaving

Comment

Hey, my old USCHO purgatory cell is just the way I left it. Let's see now...2 deaths threats, an amputation request and an old chicken bone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jockstock View Post
          Hey, my old USCHO purgatory cell is just the way I left it. Let's see now...2 deaths threats, an amputation request and an old chicken bone.
          You will be green and stay green eventually, sir. Mark my words.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Jockstock View Post
            Slow night?
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

What's the status on Flynn?
              Originally posted by CavalryNate
              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                What's the status on Flynn?
                A tweet from Roman mentions a muscle pull and he could be out today too.

If Ryan Flynn is out of lineup tonite as expected with muscle pull in leg, every available Gophers skater (non-goalie) will be in lineup.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Nice effort tonight. We found out why Patterson never starts I guess.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So an NCAA regional comes to town two years in a row, and its really starting to look like we won't even get to see our home team in either one.
                    This is unacceptable. The effort displayed yesterday was just horrid. If this continues for the rest of the year, I'll hop up and firmly plant my *** on the Fire Lucia bandwagon. Waaaaay too much talent on this team to be performing like this.

And this is nothing against BSU. They were a fun team to watch, very fast, and they play their system very, very well. I hope the Gophers took notes.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                      This is unacceptable. The effort displayed yesterday was just horrid. If this continues for the rest of the year, I'll hop up and firmly plant my *** on the Fire Lucia bandwagon. Waaaaay too much talent on this team to be performing like this.
                      While they played a little more sloppily yesterday, it is hard for me to put all the blame on the coach when the goalies give up 6 goals on 19 shots (including a couple week ones). Some of these shouldn't have been opportunities if the team had defended better. But, there were also a few key mistakes/penalties by individuals. The goal on the CFB penalty gave Bemidji a lot of confidence when MN was buzzing and gaining momentum. (It looked like it was just a matter of time before MN took over before that.) Then, MN again started buzzing and Bemidji was having trouble keeping up towards the end of the 2nd. Then Schroeder took an unnecessary (undisciplined) cross-check. That PP started the flurry in the 3rd that ended the game. MN still outshot them 27-19 and had some great scoring chances (how many posts?). Bemidji just finished their chances and had better goaltending last night. If they were to meet again, I would still expect a MN win 75% of the time.

On the bright side, Schroeder and Carman scored this weekend, so hopefully we'll see their production increase. If they can work on consistency, they should still be able to work their way up through the year to put themselves in a position to make the NCAA's. I know in the offseason we had hoped to see more by now. To me, Schroeder and Fairchild aren't controlling play as much as I had expected. This is probably partly because teams can key on them more since players like Carman and Flynn (and a few others) haven't made as much of a step as I had hoped. And of course losing a top player for a season doesn't help. Hopefully Cepis will be able to replace what we lost with Jay. I do like the way Ness has been playing. White also seems to be getting it this year (other than an occasional miscue - Was he the one that dropped the puck back and set up the break-away goal?) Even with some players falling short, so far, of what I had hoped, when they are clicking, they are still a pretty good team. If they can do that consistently, they can still have a pretty good season. Let's hope they can make us forget the beginning of the season with their play in the second.

Comment

Congratulations on the split with the Beavers. It's quite an accomplishment to split with a nationally ranked team.
                        Bob is making me concerned
                        I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                          Congratulations on the split with the Beavers. It's quite an accomplishment to split with a nationally ranked team.
                          Quite a bit short of the feeling of winning an NCAA game though..

Comment

So an NCAA regional comes to town two years in a row, and its really starting to look like we won't even get to see our home team in either one.

And this is nothing against BSU. They were a fun team to watch, very fast, and they play their system very, very well. I hope the Gophers took notes.
                            My only wish is that minnesota fans pick a ****ing bandwagon and stick to it. If you want that one fine. Stick with it.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                              On the bright side, Schroeder and Carman scored this weekend, so hopefully we'll see their production increase. If they can work on consistency...
                              The only thing Carman does consistently is take boneheaded penalties.

I agree the blame can't be placed completely on the coach, but the individualistic, selfish play that is going on is his burden to bear. I realize when you recruit top of the line players, many of them have their eyes on bigger things, but if you decide to be a Gopher, you better **** well play the system while you are here.
                              Schroeder has played well the past two games, but for a player who was picked in the preseason as the WCHA play of the year to be completely invisible for the first FOUR WEEKS of the year is inexplicable. I still don't think he's 100% mentally invested in this team, and that's a shame.
                              I do agree with you on Ness. His improvement is noticeable. The only other player who I think has shown more improvement is of course Tony Lucia. If just a few more players would follow his lead, this team would be in good shape. I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

The only thing Carman does consistently is take boneheaded penalties.

I agree the blame can't be placed completely on the coach, but the individualistic, selfish play that is going on is his burden to bear. I realize when you recruit top of the line players, many of them have their eyes on bigger things, but if you decide to be a Gopher, you better **** well play the system while you are here.
                                Schroeder has played well the past two games, but for a player who was picked in the preseason as the WCHA play of the year to be completely invisible for the first FOUR WEEKS of the year is inexplicable. I still don't think he's 100% mentally invested in this team, and that's a shame.
                                I do agree with you on Ness. His improvement is noticeable. The only other player who I think has shown more improvement is of course Tony Lucia. If just a few more players would follow his lead, this team would be in good shape. I'll believe it when I see it.
                                Reusse? Is that you?
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X