X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Good news.

Nov. 11 — Minnesota forward Jordan Schroeder says all the speculation about his departure from the Golden Gophers is false.

In a rare response to Internet rumors that he was planning to leave Minnesota, Schroeder committed his future to the team.

“I am fully committed to this team and university,” Schroeder said in a statement released by the school on Wednesday. “I have no intention of leaving college early to play pro hockey.”

Schroeder was a first-round draft pick by the NHL’s Vancouver Canucks last season, following a stellar freshman campaign for the Gophers. He posted 13 goals and 45 points in claiming the WCHA’s top rookie honors.

Speculation on his future lingered through the summer, and even after he returned for his sophomore year.

“It is unfortunate that these rumors continue to come out and I have no idea where they begin,” Schroeder said. “I think it’s important for me to publicly state that I am going nowhere. I am dedicated to this team and plan to help us reach our goals for the remainder of this season and future years.”

Through eight games this season, Schroeder has no goals and five points.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
      Good news.
      Does this dispel the rumor entirely or is there still a potential flight risk in the works?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Does this dispel the rumor entirely or is there still a potential flight risk in the works?
        Going from the news release I guess it should be put to bed.
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Busua View Post
          I was wondering whether that might happen. It seems like other teams have felt free to take liberties with Schroeder and have really gone after him, and no one on the Gopher roster has done anything about it. If I were the Vancouver GM, I'd want him out of there and put him somewhere that he'll have teammates who will drop the gloves for him.
          Fairchild and Hoeffel jumped in after separate hits/incidents against Anchorage. But what he could really use is one of the Missing Links from the island. They are nuts. Unlike their cousin Dion, they don't shy away from a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
            Good news.
            Do you have a link?
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
              Do you have a link?
              You could look at the homepage of USCHO.

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...Minnesota.html

I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

More good news for Gopher fans...

Nov. 12 — Minnesota goaltender Alex Kangas says that he will definitely be staying on the Gopher roster for the Bemidji State series.

In a rare response to Internet rumors that he was planning to leave Minnesota if he played well on Friday night, Kangas committed to stay with the Gophers throughout the weekend.

“I am fully committed to this team and university,” Kangas said in a statement released by the school on Thursday. “I have no intention of leaving in the middle of the weekend to play pro hockey.”

Kangas was a fifth-round draft pick by the NHL’s Atlanta Thrashers in 2006 and has had a stellar two year career with the Gophers.

Speculation on his future lingered throughout this season. Atlanta plays the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday and many wondered if they might bring Kangas in.

“It is unfortunate that these rumors continue to come out and I have no idea where they begin,” Kangas said. “I think it’s important for me to publicly state that I am going nowhere this weekend. I am dedicated to this team and plan to help us sweep the series with Bemidji and if I continue to develop, I might stick around through the Minnesota-Duluth series as well.”

Coach Don Lucia was thrilled to have a player finally commit to a weekend series for the team, "Alex Kangas is a 'team first' player. We're excited to have him commit to play for us all weekend."

Through six games this season, Kangas has a 2.35 GAA and a .933 Save Percentage.
                Last edited by dggoddard; 11-12-2009, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  They wise up they made a bad decision and move on. There's no other plausible explanation. I really can't blame them for not being able to stomach rodentsota for more than a few years. I vacationed there a week in 1997 and almost didn't live to see this day. But I will admit the perch we caught almost tasted as good as the ones from WI.

Related to this subject, now maybe you can see why Eaves brings in boatloads of players after Earl and Pavelski bailed unexpectantly. He doesn't want to get caught in the same situation again where all the top end guys have bailed and all he can send out are 4 lines of 3rd line players.

Is this Gardiner kid related to the one @ UW?
                  O' Timmya, finally after all these years, Wisconsin the state, has produced almost enough decent players to fill half their roster with home players. The state has given us Kessel, Lofty and that's it. My former high school has made a larger contribution to Wisconsin hockey than the state of Wisconsin has to Minnesota!!

Comment

Originally posted by uofminneandy View Post
                    O' Timmya, finally after all these years, Wisconsin the state, has produced almost enough decent players to fill half their roster with home players. The state has given us Kessel, Lofty and that's it. My former high school has made a larger contribution to Wisconsin hockey than the state of Wisconsin has to Minnesota!!
                    That's because players are smart enough to leave Minnesota or stay in Wisconsin instead of going to Minnesota.
                    If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                      Going from the news release I guess it should be put to bed.
                      That's what they said when Nick Saban was the Dolphins coach.
                      "NO WAY WILL I BE THE COACH AT ALABAMA"
                      If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
                        That's what they said when Nick Saban was the Dolphins coach.
                        "NO WAY WILL I BE THE COACH AT ALABAMA"
                        I was thinking the same thing.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Well, who's leaving today?

{sigh}
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

{sigh}
                            I just want to make an official announcement, that despite all the upheaval and change in the college hockey playing field, which seems to have hit MN especially hard in recent years, and which has led to much frustration on my part as a Gopher hockey fan in recent years, I plan to continue my commitment to this team (as I have done for about 30 years) and therefore have no intention of leaving, at this time!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

{sigh}
                              I hope it's Jockstock.

*Fingers crossed*
                              04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
                              USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
                              I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
                              Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
                              I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

Originally posted by uofminneandy View Post
                                My former high school has made a larger contribution to Wisconsin hockey than the state of Wisconsin has to Minnesota!!
                                Absolutely the Edina Hornets have done more for the University of Wisconsin than the state of Wisconsin.

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                                You could look at the homepage of USCHO.

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...Minnesota.html

I don't usually look at the USCHO home page.
                                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X