X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    I can't think of any major junior players who has played college hockey. Maybe some kids who attended MJ camps as 15 year olds, but no players who ever suited up and played a game.
    That's essentially my point. The ruling is severe enough to discourage any player from taking that step to play in Major Juniors and later changing his mind. However, as I mentioned, I think UND's Colby Genoway did play a game or two in Major Juniors and lost a year of eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
      I believe UND's Colby Genoway played a game or two in Major Juniors and lost a year of eligibility.
      He never played a game IIRC...just practiced with the MJ team.
      I could certainly be wrong though.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Lofquiist will always be remembered for the "earcup" goal(aka where was my Wisconsin offer?) at the Kohl Center. Seemed like a solid prospect then, but never scored a goal since then and his play went to a complete downward spiral after that moment. Talk about karma.....

Comment

I can't think of any major junior players who has played college hockey. Maybe some kids who attended MJ camps as 15 year olds, but no players who ever suited up and played a game.
          Don't all North Dakota players first play major junior in Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by wasmania View Post
            {sigh}
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
              Lofquiist will always be remembered for the "earcup" goal(aka where was my Wisconsin offer?) at the Kohl Center. Seemed like a solid prospect then, but never scored a goal since then and his play went to a complete downward spiral after that moment. Talk about karma.....
              not to nitpick, but I believe Lofquist did the jersey pop. The earcup will always be remembered for Kessel.

I wonder what he is going to do. Can't be too many teams lining up to get him to join. But hope he catches on somewhere.

Comment

You're responding to a DU fan. Most of their players play a few seasons in the ECHL before appearing on the DU campus.

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                not to nitpick, but I believe Lofquist did the jersey pop. The earcup will always be remembered for Kessel.
                I remember that game. I believe he did both the jersey pop and the earcup right after his goal. Seriously. Talk about blowing your goal celebration load all at once.
                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                  You're responding to a DU fan. Most of their players play a few seasons in the ECHL before appearing on the DU campus.

OK. I was just going by what I had heard from the king of this board, guy named Smiley, or, Friendly, or something like that.
                  Kind of mean spirited fellow come to think of it.

Comment

I remember that game. I believe he did both the jersey pop and the earcup right after his goal. Seriously. Talk about blowing your goal celebration load all at once.
                    Well, when you score as rarely as Sam did you have to celebrate when you can.

Comment

I remember that game. I believe he did both the jersey pop and the earcup right after his goal.
                      Yeah he did both and Coach Lucia was not happy after he did that from what I remember.
                      Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

He indeed did both. That was when Lucia finally stepped in and told the guys to knock it off.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Caught Lou Nanne with Bump on the drive home. Lou speculated, and was confirmed by someone who claimed to be Sam's uncle, that he left because of playing time and this was a decision long in the making.

I guess I don't understand how playing time could be a concern when you play all but a couple of games as a freshman, but maybe that's just my rational side talking.

Either way, best of luck to the kid. I hope this decision works out for him.
                          04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
                          USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
                          I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
                          Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
                          I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

There's been a few. More recently the kid that went to Duluth and had to sit out a year comes to mind. The name escapes me right now. I'm pretty sure Tech and Maine have had one as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
                              There's been a few. More recently the kid that went to Duluth and had to sit out a year comes to mind. The name escapes me right now. I'm pretty sure Tech and Maine have had one as well.
                              TAP THE (TJ) CAIG!!!

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

OK. I was just going by what I had heard from the king of this board, guy named Smiley, or, Friendly, or something like that.
                                Kind of mean spirited fellow come to think of it.
                                Evidently he means Dirty...
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X