Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

    Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
    Thought from last night's game: Why is catching a pass so difficult?

    I wish it were the first time this season that that thought had crossed my mind.

    Comment


    • Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

      <---------On the Ledge.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

      Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

      Comment


      • Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        <---------On the Ledge.
        Say it isn't so!
        the state of hockey is good

        Comment


        • Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          <---------On the Ledge.
          ******** width="425" height="344">******* name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q95BRB_BPiU&hl=en_US&fs=1&">******* name="allowFullScreen" value="true">******* name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">******* src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q95BRB_BPiU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

          Comment


          • Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

            Must suck to be a gopher fan. A season with no hope
            Bob is making me concerned
            I am the voice of reason

            Comment


            • Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

              Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
              Thought from last night's game: Why is catching a pass so difficult?
              As another said, last might wasn't the only night. But I keep coming back to a lack of confidence. Even in my recent old-timer hockey experience, I can tell the difference in how well I do simple things like catching passes, making passes, etc, is affected by how confident I feel. If this team could start winning a few and feeling better about themselves, I bet we would see a lot better passing and shooting.

              Comment


              • Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

                Quit losing games, guys. You're hurting our PWR.
                Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

                Comment


                • Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

                  (I know it is only one game. But this year, a fan has to focus on anything posative.) I don't know if anyone noticed, but Birkholz looked pretty promising tonight. Hopefully he isn't hurt.

                  Larson also stood out compared to most games this year (especially compared to the ones in which he didn't skate). He had a few good scoring chances and was noticable much of the time. He and White played off each other well. Now if Flynn could just start playing too, that would have been a decent line.

                  Good to see the goals in the third after it looked like they were going to spend the 2nd two periods standing around in a shell after Kangas decided to see what it felt like to score an own-goal. If they can start to build on this, they might actually win a couple more games.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

                    Originally posted by Koho View Post
                    (I know it is only one game. But this year, a fan has to focus on anything posative.) I don't know if anyone noticed, but Birkholz looked pretty promising tonight. Hopefully he isn't hurt.

                    Larson also stood out compared to most games this year (especially compared to the ones in which he didn't skate). He had a few good scoring chances and was noticable much of the time. He and White played off each other well. Now if Flynn could just start playing too, that would have been a decent line.

                    Good to see the goals in the third after it looked like they were going to spend the 2nd two periods standing around in a shell after Kangas decided to see what it felt like to score an own-goal. If they can start to build on this, they might actually win a couple more games.
                    Josh Birkholz is my Gopher favorite. Great game for him. He's really got some serious wheels, showed some excellent moves and he's not afraid to hit some people in the process. He's has a very promising future with the Gophers. But what happened to the first line?

                    Comment


                    • Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

                      Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                      Josh Birkholz is my Gopher favorite. Great game for him. He's really got some serious wheels, showed some excellent moves and he's not afraid to hit some people in the process. He's has a very promising future with the Gophers. But what happened to the first line?
                      Schroeder was supposed to be the best forward. MIA.
                      Fairchild was supposed to be the best offensive defensemen. MIA.

                      The seniors were supposed to carry the team. MIA.

                      Frankly the freshmen class might be the best group on the ice right now. That bodes well for the future (if they stick around, which lately isn't likely) but does nothing for this year.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                      Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

                        Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                        Must suck to be a gopher fan. A season with no hope
                        True this year, though not as bad as being an SCSU fan - a program with no hope - ever...

                        Comment


                        • Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

                          Originally posted by Koho View Post
                          I don't know if anyone noticed, but Birkholz looked pretty promising tonight. Hopefully he isn't hurt.
                          Yeah his speed finally paid off as he was able to walk around the D and score a couple of beauties. I agree I hope his "upper body injury" isn't too serious.
                          Originally posted by CavalryNate
                          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

                            Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                            Yeah his speed finally paid off as he was able to walk around the D and score a couple of beauties. I agree I hope his "upper body injury" isn't too serious.
                            I hope so too. That's the luck side of this team lately. The players that produce are the ones that go down.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                            Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

                              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Schroeder was supposed to be the best forward. MIA.
                              Fairchild was supposed to be the best offensive defensemen. MIA.

                              The seniors were supposed to carry the team. MIA.

                              Frankly the freshmen class might be the best group on the ice right now. That bodes well for the future (if they stick around, which lately isn't likely) but does nothing for this year.
                              Check out the caption under the pic on the Trib article on the game last night. Birkholz is himself and Schroeder combined!

                              EDIT:

                              "This group has to be a lunchpail group," Gophers coach Don Lucia said.
                              Translation: We need to pack more than Twinkies.
                              Last edited by HarleyMC; 12-06-2009, 11:56 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

                                Lucia said. "We are not scoring enough. We are not loaded with a bunch of all-league players."
                                Can someone help me to understand why Lucia needs to continually emphasize this? They're not walk-ons. He recruited them, so who's at fault? Frustrating.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X