X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    I'm hoping for at least 3 points this weekend and the next. The amazing thing is if we can get 6 points at least over the next two series with MSU-M and MTU we could potentially be on the edge of being in the top five if other WCHA game outcomes are in our favor. If we can sweep both teams we could potentially be in the log jam of the top five in two weeks. Funny thing is we actually need help from UAA and MTU this weekend to climb up.. Go Gophers!
    6pts over the next two weekends would help to right the ship that's for sure but 8pts would sure go a long way in helping this teams confidence before the break. Baby steps 1st tonight.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

I heard that the WJC comittee was at the Michigan game making final decisions on players (Budish, Ness, etc)...Guessing that didn't help...This season is in serious jeopardy of being a throw away season. Can't help but feel the team as a whole quit on tDon for the Michigan game. Like him, hate him, want him back, scapegoat, whatnot, the Don's time is quickly running through the hour glass, me thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by 61ache View Post
        I heard that the WJC comittee was at the Michigan game making final decisions on players (Budish, Ness, etc)...Guessing that didn't help...This season is in serious jeopardy of being a throw away season. Can't help but feel the team as a whole quit on tDon for the Michigan game. Like him, hate him, want him back, scapegoat, whatnot, the Don's time is quickly running through the hour glass, me thinks.
        I think the win over MSU was a crucial win though. Carman had said that the team had the mindset of "Here we go again" after MSU tied the game at 1-1 with ~3:30 min. to go, but they were able to pull through for once this year and win a close game. I think that should give the Gophs a little shot in the arm, the "We can win these close games" mentality. Who knows. I guess we'll find out this weekend what our boys are made of. Thank God Leddy is back.

Comment

MN better step it up or else you'll be watching the final five this year! Hard to believe MN is this bad!

Comment

Originally posted by sinbin5 View Post
            MN better step it up or else you'll be watching the final five this year! Hard to believe MN is this bad!
            Yeeup.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
              I think the win over MSU was a crucial win though. Carman had said that the team had the mindset of "Here we go again" after MSU tied the game at 1-1 with ~3:30 min. to go, but they were able to pull through for once this year and win a close game. I think that should give the Gophs a little shot in the arm, the "We can win these close games" mentality. Who knows. I guess we'll find out this weekend what our boys are made of. Thank God Leddy is back.
              Unfortunately, I think we found out already, last night. Time to start the offseason thread (not, as Harley pointed out, that there appears to be much to look forward to)? One win in a close game is not enough to turn around team confidence, and the loss last night undid that. I am afraid they are at the point that they are so fragile, they almost need a few games where lucky bounces help them out so they don't feel the world is tilted against them. And I swear that penalty call that started the 5 on 3 was about the 6th time there was a horrible call right when the Gophs started to play with some momentum. Didn't impact the game much last night (Mavs were held on 5 on 3), but at the same time, MN didn't seem to get any momentum out of the kill either. The fans hardly reacted because they have the same fatalistic attitude the players seem to have.

I asked earlier when the "tubes" thread comes out. I now realize that there can't be a "going down the tubes" thread when the team never climbed out of the tubes from last year, only went further down and continue to fall.

Comment

Ok, in struggling to keep up my "say something positive to balance out Scooby" (BTW has he been heard from?) plan, at least Birkholz showed something last night. I was afraid he was another Miskovich, who mainly relied on his speed, but struggled to score on all his break-aways. Instead, he showed some moves and drive, and some big hits. If the game can slow for him just a little more, to the point he has the confidence to hold the puck a fraction longer to pick a spot, he could turn into a pretty good player.

And good to see Patterson do well again too. (A Gopher team where goaltending is the least of your worries and scoring is the main worry, What has happened? Is it Global wariming?)

(Ok, that is all the positiveness I can muster. Better go hide the razor blades now.)

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                  (Ok, that is all the positiveness I can muster. Better go hide the razor blades now.)
                  The crack-covered cashews from the Nutty Bavarian are still awesome.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                    The crack-covered cashews from the Nutty Bavarian are still awesome.
                    Sorry. But that just doesn't help me right now since I don't know what you are talking about. But thanks for trying.

Comment

Sorry. But that just doesn't help me right now since I don't know what you are talking about. But thanks for trying.
                      I get that a lot. The nut stand behind section 9 - cashews, almonds, or walnuts coated in some addictive sugar like substance - are still awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                        I get that a lot. The nut stand behind section 9 - cashews, almonds, or walnuts coated in some addictive sugar like substance - are still awesome.
                        They must be awesome if they can overcome the bad taste this team leaves in your mouth.

Comment

(A Gopher team where goaltending is the least of your worries and scoring is the main worry, What has happened?)
                          It seems like the Gophers and Badgers have traded systems.
                          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                            It seems like the Gophers and Badgers have traded systems.
                            Well the goaltending part at WI is understandable since there is no longer anyone to "break the goalie down and rebuild him". Their scoring, I don't know where the heck that comes from. The Universe must be out of alignment.

Comment

They must be awesome if they can overcome the bad taste this team leaves in your mouth.
                              I didn't say they were sugar coated miracles.

Thought from last night's game: Why is catching a pass so difficult?
                              Last edited by Greyeagle; 12-05-2009, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Let's talk about 2014 recruits so I can feel better about the future.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X