X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Originally posted by Larch View Post
    The way the team is playing though, not sure if I would blame him if he didn't come back.
    Come on guys, by the time he's done with the tourney, we'll be 11-8-1 and in 4th place in the WCHA with the Dodge Holiday Classic championship under our belt (I know that worked out real well for us last year ). I think we definitely can sweep MSU-M, MTU, and Bowling Green then NMU/Clarkson. I guess time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
      Come on guys, by the time he's done with the tourney, we'll be 11-8-1 and in 4th place in the WCHA with the Dodge Holiday Classic championship under our belt (I know that worked out real well for us last year ). I think we definitely can sweep MSU-M, MTU, and Bowling Green then NMU/Clarkson. I guess time will tell.
      I thought they could have swept the Beavers and Bulldogs too....

What is the latest on when Leddy returns?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
        It was posted that Leddy plans on returning this weekend against MSUM.

Gophers fr. D Nick Leddy skating with big red cross - don't hit - jersey in Tues. practice. Expected to play this weekend vs. Mn. St Mankato
        http://twitter.com/eyeonupuk
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
          I thought they could have swept the Beavers and Bulldogs too....

Seriously? I was hoping for a split with the Beavers and expecting a split with a good chance of getting 3 points against the Bulldogs. I was really only let down against the dogs. Good team this year I guess according to the poles/krach/rpi/blahblahblahblah.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Seriously? I was hoping for a split with the Beavers and expecting a split with a good chance of getting 3 points against the Bulldogs. I was really only let down against the dogs. Good team this year I guess according to the poles/krach/rpi/blahblahblahblah.
            Channeling Brenthoven, we're Gophers and we're arrogant, we always expect sweeps. Scooby aside of course.
            Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

Channeling Brenthoven, we're Gophers and we're arrogant, we always expect sweeps. Scooby aside of course.
              Huh.. .well, my apologies.

WHY DIDN'T WE GET 5 POINTS IN BOTH OF THOSE WEEKENDS!!! WHAT AN ABYSMAL FAILURE OF A SEASON!!!
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Wait for it....

Huh.. .well, my apologies.

WHY DIDN'T WE GET 5 POINTS IN BOTH OF THOSE WEEKENDS!!! WHAT AN ABYSMAL FAILURE OF A SEASON!!!
                Now we're talking. You're almost there, dxmnkd237859027653. I'm a little disappointed in the 5, though.

Truth be told, I really expected sweeping BSU and splitting against tUMD, but shhhhhhh.........
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Truth be told, I really expected sweeping BSU and splitting against tUMD, but shhhhhhh.........
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                    So I man up after a series. Big deal. At least I have a set and stick around, unlike some other people around here.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

eyeonupuk Look for Nick Leddy stories in both metro dailies this week. U D-man is taking off no-hit jersey for Thurs.'s practice and should play Fri.
                      Good news, Leddy definitely will play.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                      Twenty red lights in his honor
                      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                        Good news, Leddy definitely will play.
                        It will be nice to get him back in the lineup. So Schack diesel sits?

Gophers sweep
                        Originally posted by CavalryNate
                        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                        sigpic

Comment

I can't say I came into the weekends expecting sweeps, but knowing it was possible. I expected at least 2 points, I guess. However, after watching some of each of the first games of each series, I felt MN clearly had more talent than either of those teams and should have been able to sweep. (I never really expect a sweep, given all the things that can go wrong in one game.)

Comment

I'm hoping for at least 3 points this weekend and the next. The amazing thing is if we can get 6 points at least over the next two series with MSU-M and MTU we could potentially be on the edge of being in the top five if other WCHA game outcomes are in our favor. If we can sweep both teams we could potentially be in the log jam of the top five in two weeks. Funny thing is we actually need help from UAA and MTU this weekend to climb up.. Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                              I'm hoping for at least 3 points this weekend and the next. The amazing thing is if we can get 6 points at least over the next two series with MSU-M and MTU we could potentially be on the edge of being in the top five if other WCHA game outcomes are in our favor. If we can sweep both teams we could potentially be in the log jam of the top five in two weeks. Funny thing is we actually need help from UAA and MTU this weekend to climb up.. Go Gophers!
                              We won't get much help then.

Personally, based on how things have gone non-conference and conference the Gophers desperately need to take the next two WCHA weeks and win their Holiday Classic. If they don't it's going to get increasingly difficult to make up all the lost points from earlier in the year.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                                Funny thing is we actually need help from UAA and MTU this weekend to climb up.
                                That's not funny... teams are always hoping MTU and UAA steal some points every year.
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X