Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' Part 2 - The Playoffs

Originally posted by Tigers Devotee 46 View Post
    Quick note to the corner crew: you are representing RIT when sitting in the corner crew and wearing RIT paraphernalia at the ritter. Starting a racist chant when refs call a legit penalty on burt is just classless and it is not the way that we want to represent our institution.

thanks for never starting that chant again
    Can we just kick the moron in the front row of the corner out? He always seems to be the cause of these things (including the racist chant). Pull some club status rank over him?

At least from us who stand up on top next to the corner, he annoys us to no end, and it's classless chants like the racist one that make all of us look bad. This isn't the 1st time I've heard him make the racist chant, as well as the just as classless "you're adopted" chant. What a goon...

Comment

Yeah, I've been lurking here for a while, just wanted to say I'm not worried at all until RIT makes the semi's at BCA, but lets work on getting a big crowd for the Semi's and hopefully finals, and then to Ft. Wayne before we get any pipe dreams (at this point in the programs development) about making the Frozen Four. Just making the tourney would be HUGE for RIT.
      Fan of RITand KENTSTATECLUBHOCKEY

Comment

Quick note to the corner crew: you are representing RIT when sitting in the corner crew and wearing RIT paraphernalia at the ritter. Starting a racist chant when refs call a legit penalty on burt is just classless and it is not the way that we want to represent our institution.

I don't agree with it (especially if it's a legit call), but as a parallel, BU's fans did the same thing last year whenever Brandon Yip took a penalty... So it's not unheard of, but classless nevertheless.

Personally, I'd rather if RIT wins Atlantic Hockey see them out in Worcester, but I'm biased based on location...
        2004-05 ECAC West Pick'em Champion

R·I·T
        AHA Regular Season Champions 2007,2010
        AHA Regular Season Co-Champions 2009
        AHA Tournament Champion 2010
        NCAA Regional Champion 2010

Comment

There was a girl standing on the rail behind the RIT bench doing the same thing. She was annoying the crap out of everyone in general the entire game with her obnoxious comments. I didn't pay to hear her running commentary on the entire game, which she didn't even know what she was talking about half the time anyways.
          RIT Tigers
          Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
          Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
          Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Just so you know I freaking love Montreal et Quebec for that matter!!

I agree. No racist chants.
            Last edited by Rochester; 02-24-2010, 09:25 AM.
            R I T HOCKEY
            Frozen Four
            Elite Eight
            NCAA Tournament
            2010-2015-2016
            RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
              I think the entire aspect of playing in the 4 or 7 game is over rated. There only a 3 hours difference. And both teams has plenty of time to sleep in the next day. Unless there a 3 OT game it doesn't matter...
              Playing the early game offers way more than 3 extra hours of rest. For starters when you play at 4 PM aren't thinking ahead to who won the early game. You aren't caught in a championship game atmosphere, which our semi-final games have looked like the last couple of years (t-shirts, largest crowds to date at the time, etc.), and after winning the 4 PM game you can watch the late game and see what you are up against in the finals (this may be a disadvantage to the coaches who have to review tape later on Friday, but I am thinking they review tape late anyway).
              KBranch

Comment

Here is a question.

After 4 years of being D-1 and winning the regular season championship 3 times in 4 years... I think it might be time to move to another league... Here is why...

We have an amazing fan base. We had almost 8,000 people for the home opener. We are a growing club and university. We are playing in a league that I believe will stunt our growth. How much more can we grow playing unknown hockey schools. The only schools that people know of nationally are Air Force, Army and UCONN. Army and UCONN are not known for their hockey.

I am sorry for those who want to stay in this league but listen here. Atlantic Hockey will stunt our growth. We are a city with no major league sports. Hockey could be it. Just think Hockey East, I believe we could sellout the BCA for most of these games given good transportation to students and good advertisement.

We are on the verge of building a 4-5 thousand seat arena. We have all the criteria... We do... We have proven ourselves as a D-1 club.

Yes I know... Staying in this league we would be much more decorated but really, I would rather be more excited play decent teams all year round rather than Air Force twice a year and play-offs.

Who disagrees?
                R I T HOCKEY
                Frozen Four
                Elite Eight
                NCAA Tournament
                2010-2015-2016
                RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                  Here is a question.

After 4 years of being D-1 and winning the regular season championship 3 times in 4 years... I think it might be time to move to another league... Here is why...

We have an amazing fan base. We had almost 8,000 people for the home opener. We are a growing club and university. We are playing in a league that I believe will stunt our growth. How much more can we grow playing unknown hockey schools. The only schools that people know of nationally are Air Force, Army and UCONN. Army and UCONN are not known for their hockey.

I am sorry for those who want to stay in this league but listen here. Atlantic Hockey will stunt our growth. We are a city with no major league sports. Hockey could be it. Just think Hockey East, I believe we could sellout the BCA for most of these games given good transportation to students and good advertisement.

We are on the verge of building a 4-5 thousand seat arena. We have all the criteria... We do... We have proven ourselves as a D-1 club.

Yes I know... Staying in this league we would be much more decorated but really, I would rather be more excited play decent teams all year round rather than Air Force twice a year and play-offs.

Who disagrees?

I like your points but the values of this conference fits the values of RIT. You can play good teams in your schedule without joining a great league, its called out of conference games. If you can schedule home and home series with the likes of boston college, boston U, vermont, or any of the ECAC teams, as I've stressed to people about, you can develop your program better. I even brought up about playing Denver or colorado college, make it a roadtrip of sorts when we go out to play air force. When we go on the semester calendar, scheduling good road trips would not affect players missing classes, etc.

Comment

Here is a question.

[snip]

Who disagrees?
                    Well, it's hard to say specifically anything about another league because the status quo can't be maintained. D-I hockey is in drastic need of realignment. The hiring of Paul Kelly by the commissioners to help grow the sport is just a first step. The five leagues that will be left next year will need to find a way to realign into more and smaller conferences to provide room for growth for the sport.

RIT, especially if all its athletics go D-I, would be a good fit in a realigned league of teams from New York State. You could build a league from among St. Lawrence, Clarkson, Colgate, Cornell, Union, RPI, RIT, Canisius and/or Niagara, for example.

I had a conversation with a prominent coach a couple of years ago at the Frozen Four. He agreed that what college hockey needed was about seven or eight conferences so that there would be room to grow the sport and to have more inter-conference play. A realignment into smaller leagues with a regional focus would allow that. Remember ... you need just six teams for the AQ in D-I. The current 58 teams could split into 9 leagues and maintain AQs.

A radical reshaping of the D-I landscape is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                      Well, it's hard to say specifically anything about another league because the status quo can't be maintained. D-I hockey is in drastic need of realignment. The hiring of Paul Kelly by the commissioners to help grow the sport is just a first step. The five leagues that will be left next year will need to find a way to realign into more and smaller conferences to provide room for growth for the sport.

RIT, especially if all its athletics go D-I, would be a good fit in a realigned league of teams from New York State. You could build a league from among St. Lawrence, Clarkson, Colgate, Cornell, Union, RPI, RIT, Canisius and/or Niagara, for example.

I had a conversation with a prominent coach a couple of years ago at the Frozen Four. He agreed that what college hockey needed was about seven or eight conferences so that there would be room to grow the sport and to have more inter-conference play. A realignment into smaller leagues with a regional focus would allow that. Remember ... you need just six teams for the AQ in D-I. The current 58 teams could split into 9 leagues and maintain AQs.

Re-alignment isn't a matter of if it happens, its a matter of when it happens. Make no mistake, it will, sooner or later. The death of the CHA conference really is starting to make the matter more of a front burner topic for the
                      powers that be in college hockey.

The concept of a NYS based conference has been brought up in the past when re-alignment was discussed. It's logical on a variety of levels, ranging from the control of travel costs (which is becoming a HUGE issue in college athletics as the economy continues to impact athletic dept. budgets and is the subject of some serious focus at present by the NCAA) to the fact that the level of competition between the schools isn't totally un-balanced. The Ivy league schools for years have contemplated their role in the college hockey landscape due to their lack of athletic scholarships, and there has also been rumblings of a "non athletic scholarship" conference in the past, which RIT could also fit into, alongside the other Ivy league hockey schools, such as Cornell, Yale, Brown, Harvard, etc.

The current system is broken and has been for some time. It's only as recent events have unfolded has it become more clear that its long since past time for a re-alignment. Atlantic Hockey serves as a prime example of this. It will have enough teams to logically have 2 divisions next season (which it won't do), yet other conferences are turning away teams and leaving them with no conference in which to play. Logic has long since failed to hold water in this situation. How does AHA have Air Force as a member (I understand the theory of having the 2 military academies in the same hockey conference), when the closest team to them represents 2 time zones travel distance and some expensive air travel? It's simply illogical.

The biggest stumbling block to all of this will be conferences that currently have regional TV deals in place. The money for some of those deals isn't exactly small change, and the NCAA is going to have to work very hard with all parties involved to make sure that they don't have a significant, negative, economic impact upon those conferences member schools, who often all share in the revenue stream from a conference wide TV deal.
                      Skate every shift like its your last

Comment

You could build a league from among St. Lawrence, Clarkson, Colgate, Cornell, Union, RPI, RIT, Canisius and/or Niagara, for example.
                        Cornell absolutely will not leave the other Ivies. No questions asked. However, without Cornell, an 8-team NYS conference with fairly decent travel partners (Colgate-RIT would be the farthest apart) would be a valid option.

No disagreement here.

With the current conference layout, there is no opportunity for RIT (or really any other school) to jump from the AHA (or their current conference) without serious harm to a couple different conferences as each of them attempts to keep their own best interests in mind.
                        Last edited by burgie12; 02-24-2010, 02:49 PM.
                        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by day310 View Post
                          Can we just kick the moron in the front row of the corner out? He always seems to be the cause of these things (including the racist chant). Pull some club status rank over him?

At least from us who stand up on top next to the corner, he annoys us to no end, and it's classless chants like the racist one that make all of us look bad. This isn't the 1st time I've heard him make the racist chant, as well as the just as classless "you're adopted" chant. What a goon...
                          I've heard several people start that before...also we are not longer a club. Unless someone wants to take over.

Here is a question.

Who disagrees?
                          Niagara and Robert Morris are joining next year, I think this will make our conference more competitive. As far as stunting our growth I don't know if I buy that...wait until we are being consistently ranked before you pull out that one.
                          Last edited by Mania; 02-24-2010, 03:22 PM.
                          RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

From a Hobey Baker press release that just came across the "desk":

As of February 23, more than 105,000 votes have been cast and here are the top ten leaders in the fan balloting:

Code:
                            Player                  Class, Pos. School          Votes
                            Mario Valery-Trabucco   SR, Fwd     Union           9008
                            Dan Ringwald            SR, Def     RIT             7702
                            Jeff Petry              JR, Def     Mich. State     7539
                            Chris Kushneriuk        JR, Fwd     Robt. Morris    6560
                            Tomas Petruska          SR, Fwd     Bowling Green   6348
                            Bobby Butler            SR, Fwd     New Hampshire   6303
                            Blair Riley             SR, Fwd     Ferris State    6287
                            Chase Polacek           JR, Fwd     RPI             5797
                            Blake Geoffrion         SR, Fwd     Wisconsin       5458
                            Eric Lampe              SR, Fwd     Quinnipiac      4926

Comment

Stunting RIT's growth? Has RIT won the AHA tournament and I missed it?

Yes there needs to be realignment in general. But until then, RIT is in a great spot for now because they still have room to grow even in conference. Look at the non-conference records - not so great this year as pointed out by several posters. RIT has never had a winning non-conference record at the DI level. Let's get a serious tradition of excellence that lasts more than 1 or 2 recruiting classes before we talk about being too good for the league.
                              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                              2010 Frozen Four participant
                              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Having not won a conference title, never playing in the NCAA tournament and winning zero out of conference games this season, it is awful bold to make the claim that the AHA is stunting RIT's growth...
                                Last edited by hockeyjunkie10; 02-24-2010, 05:15 PM. Reason: MW

Comment

Working...
                                X