Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best D-1 team in New England as of this week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best D-1 team in New England as of this week?

I say Yale, have at it.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Re: Best D-1 team in New England as of this week?

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    I say Yale, have at it.
    Northeastern at this moment

Comment

American International
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

i am afraid Yale players do not get as much attention in the national college hockey media as the CHA and Boston area teams do.
        I say Yale, have at it.

Thats one way to do it, I guess?

If you wanted to see your team's name more, you should have asked: "Best D-1 team in southern Connecticut that plays in a venue over 40 years old"
        Last edited by Gibber; 02-21-2010, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Typical of a person associated with Yale.

Federal League wins the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
            Thats one way to do it, I guess?

If you wanted to see your team's name more, you should have asked: "Best D-1 team in southern Connecticut that plays in a venue over 40 years old"
            That might be Sacred Heart, but I am not sure if the Milford Ice Pavilion is over 40 yet
            Good article about the restoration of the Yale Whale,
            http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2...d989539341.txt
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

I say Yale, have at it.
              Yale has a good team, no doubt. However, until the ECAC starts to regain some sort of success in the NCAA tournament, these teams' records are going to be taken with a grain of salt. It seems every year lately the ECAC teams are dissapointing in the national tournament.

Comment

Very true and point well taken. Speaking only of New England I do not feel Hockey East is as well respected on the national level as they once were. Overall the ECAC is on the upswing on the national scene as a conference, I do not believe that upswing will be enough to have three teams make the final 16, unless Union or Cornell wins the conference final, then there is a chance.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Speaking only of New England I do not feel Hockey East is as well respected on the national level as they once were.
                  I don't think I can agree with that. Although Hockey East is a little down this year, if they can't get any respect with the last two national champions, I don't know what it would take?!

Comment

Yale, Northeastern and Merrimack.

Comment

Should have said "this year" about HE. I forgot how great the tournament was last year, too wrapped up in this years goings on.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Yale. They have incredible depth and routinely outshoot opponents by 30. The shots aren't weak shots either. Many are quality scoring chances. I've seen other top teams in the nation play this year(St. Cloud, Miami, Wisc.) and Yale is as good or better than them. They tied Wisconsin earlier this year and Wisconsin was lucky to get a tie. Yale outshot them 45- 20. And as of this week no team is hotter than Yale. They have won their last 6 and 8 of their last 10.
                        Yale Hockey '09 ECAC Champions

Comment

What is the story with 4 Yale goalies seeing decent playing time?

Comment

Should have said "this year" about HE. I forgot how great the tournament was last year, too wrapped up in this years goings on.
                            HE is alot like the WCHA was last year, lots of good but not spectacular teams middling in the 10-25 range. Dont forget how much talent the conference lost to the pros last year.
                            time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                              What is the story with 4 Yale goalies seeing decent playing time?
                              You would have to ask Coach Keith Allain about that issue. In the last two games Yale had Billy Blase pulled in favor of another goalie against SLU and then he replaces the pulled goalie with Blase against Clarkson. I can only hope, that being former goalie that Allain knows what he is doing, or just being very reactionary. I hope it is all a master plan to keep all of the netminders on thier toes. At first it was just evaluating talent, now who knows. I am afraid it will become Yales Achilles heel at some point in the near future.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X