Michigan State 2009-2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan State 2009-2010

Again, we had no issue with the group across us. It was actually refreshing to get our call/response "Go green!" chant to actually work. (It was also nice to be on the "Go white!" end for a change.) We didn't really know what that group was chanting a good chunk of the time, be we relayed any chants from over there (that we caught) that were of importance. ("Put in Bobby!" was one of these chants.)

I mean, hell, our student section's been raked over the coals so many times this season by the "elders" and angry, power-tripping members of the athletic department that, really, seeing anything in that building that was spirited and embraced was great and promising.

I'm fine and am appreciative of any additional zeal. Well, just as long as that zeal doesn't include the wave (which frankly should be banned from Munn altogether.)
    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
    66 - 86 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

I hate the wave as much as anyone, but I don't care if they are doing it for all 60 minutes as long as they are involved. I am as superstitious as anyone, and I hate the wave as much as the next guy but beggars cant be choosers. People creating atmosphere at Munn...any atmosphere, is a good thing.
      MICHIGAN STATE
      1966:1986:2007

Comment

No i am not part of that group but sat right across the isle from them... They usually come about once a year and are always a lot of fun.. I agree about not doing the wave as I am just following the student sectoin most of the time. If you would look over my brother, his wife, and my mom are pretty much the only ones doing the number of goals-sieve chant on our side.

Comment

No wave... there is nothing more pointless, especially whilst the puck is in play during critical moments of the game.
          maize is just an arrogant shade of yellow

Comment

Alright, as long as we are airing our grievances about Munn here, I have long been tired of the 300 audio clip nonsense.

Comment

I could really care less about the little 300 audio clips... they don't really disrupt anything

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
                Alright, as long as we are airing our grievances about Munn here, I have long been tired of the 300 audio clip nonsense.
                They stopped haven't they? I hadn't noticed it recently.

They gave up on the blimp too.

And what's the deal with the new Zamboni? Electric right? I saw it one game I think and never since. Is it out getting a paint job?

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer View Post
                  They stopped haven't they? I hadn't noticed it recently.

They gave up on the blimp too.

And what's the deal with the new Zamboni? Electric right? I saw it one game I think and never since. Is it out getting a paint job?
                  It's been resurfacing the ice at Munn for all non-game events, I believe.

Considering that Spartanvision accidentally flashed a "Zamboni Ride" graphic on the video boards during the Ferris State game a while back, I'd have to assume the new Zamboni will eventually be our new in-game ice resurfacer once a paint job is finalized and applied.

Is the blimp still stuck in the rafters?

And, while we're at it: Why doesn't Sparty skate anymore?
                  66 - 86 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                    It's been resurfacing the ice at Munn for all non-game events, I believe.

Considering that Spartanvision accidentally flashed a "Zamboni Ride" graphic on the video boards during the Ferris State game a while back, I'd have to assume the new Zamboni will eventually be our new in-game ice resurfacer once a paint job is finalized and applied.
                    They had it out for one game. Why the change though?

Is the blimp still stuck in the rafters?
                    I think the FAA has revoked the blimp pilots' licenses. It had been suffering from significant control anomalies.

And, while we're at it: Why doesn't Sparty skate anymore?
                    Ok... it's sort of like this young A. Allen. Sparty is like Santa Claus but on a much smaller scale. Santa has a lot of work to do there at the North Pole so he has thousands of helper Santas to take all the little kids' wishes. Sparty is the same way. The real Sparty has lots to do there at the East Pole so he has to have a helper Sparty here and there. Unfortunately, not all of the helper Sparty are as powerful. You'll know it's not a helper Sparty when you see the true powers (one armed push-ups for instance; on ice-skates nonetheless!).

Comment

Show off the new goods? I mean, I can't think of a better way for somebody to assert their superiority than to bring out a new Zamboni.

I think the FAA has revoked the blimp pilots' licenses. It had been suffering from significant control anomalies.
                      I do recall a couple Hindenberg-esque accidents this season. Well, without the massive hydrogen explosions and death.

Ok... it's sort of like this young A. Allen. Sparty is like Santa Claus but on a much smaller scale. Santa has a lot of work to do there at the North Pole so he has thousands of helper Santas to take all the little kids' wishes. Sparty is the same way. The real Sparty has lots to do there at the East Pole so he has to have a helper Sparty here and there. Unfortunately, not all of the helper Sparty are as powerful. You'll know it's not a helper Sparty when you see the true powers (one armed push-ups for instance; on ice-skates nonetheless!).
                      Hm. I would have thought it'd have something to do with that whole blow-up doll incident from a while back, but this explanation makes more sense.
                      66 - 86 - 07

Comment

The blimp was all ready to go for the last home Michigan game - they had it out on the concourse and the controls jammed. It had to return to dry dock.

Comment

I would have posted this in the Alumni section of the board, but I see that MSU doesn't have a thread. A nice article about Ryan Miller and talks about his time playing juniors up in the Sault before going to Michigan State. Just in case anyone was interested in it... If not, then I return you to your debating about cheers & blimps.
                          http://www.maxpreps.com/news/akIYwCC...-ste-marie.htm

Comment

Originally posted by SmartAxe View Post
                            I would have posted this in the Alumni section of the board, but I see that MSU doesn't have a thread. A nice article about Ryan Miller and talks about his time playing juniors up in the Sault before going to Michigan State. Just in case anyone was interested in it... If not, then I return you to your debating about cheers & blimps.
                            http://www.maxpreps.com/news/akIYwCC...-ste-marie.htm
                            Thanks for this it was a nice article about him.

Comment

Just to update everyone about the ccha playoffs. U of M up 2-0 at end of second. Ohio state up 3-1 inthe third. UNO up 2-1 at end of 1st.

Comment

u of m ,osu, alaska, and uno all won their first games last night. Michigan here we come?

Comment

Working...
                                X