• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

If you are in Oxford every bar uptown should have the game on today

Comment

Agree with the BandMan completely. The whole atmosphere of that game seemed strange/surreal and in slow motion. MU just does not seem to have the jump lately.

And '10 asks an interesting question about the lines. That was a major shakeup for Miami. So there are two questions for Miami: net and lines. We'll see--should be interesting.

Comment

2 words: Thank. You.

No wait...2 more: Beat. BC.

What the hay...3 more: Win. It. All.
        "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Oh Yeah! Go Skins!

Comment

Congrats Miami. I'll be rooting for you guys the rest of the way. Miami deserve it more than the other three teams.
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Best $40 I ever spent in my life. Love & Honor baby!

Comment

Just got back from the game. Congrats on the win. Knapp was outstanding. Good Luck in the Frozen Four.

Comment

Congratulations on the victory. That was by far the best game of the tournament thus far, and was absolutely everything it was cracked up to be as the rematch from last weekend. I was thoroughly impressed by the coaching adjustments Rico made, and the overall compete level of the team. Completely different than it was 9 days prior.

Your Hawks found a way to slow us down, and not give us an inch in the neutral zone. That hampered our ability to gain the offensive zone, and is why a good portion of our shots ended up being low percentage plays from the outside. There was simply nothing in the middle to work with. Very impressed with the defensive play.

Knapp came up big on those quality chances he did face. Although frankly, I think the team defense being played in front of him helped tremendously. Nonetheless, he was in position all night, played solid, and gave the Hawks every opportunity to win at the other end.

Well done! As disappointed as I am in Michigan's loss, I'll be in Miami's corner the rest of the way.

Comment

Beat BC! Do it!
                    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                    ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

just read the article over on CHN. Loved Rico's quote about about deciding who's in net in Detroit.
                      http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...mwmotoring.php

Someone who's at the game needs to make a sign that reads "Conner & Cody for Pope!" It's good to see that Rico keeps up to date on the Lutheran clergy!
                      Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

I'm rooting for you guys in the Frozen Four - please, PLEASE beat BC!
                        Boston University Hockey National Champions: 1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

"We shouldn't have to beat BC for the nationals. Hell, we can do that any time." - BU legend Jack O'Callahan after winning NCAA championship

30 Beanpot titles and counting

Comment

Great, great game! I was really impressed with both teams. Great goaltending and both teams skated really hard. Good clean but physical game. I think it goes down as a classic NCAA tourney game.

Good luck in Detroit. You were so close last year, I think that you have the talent and hustle to win it all this year. Miami would be a very deserving national champion.
                          Cornell '92, Michigan '97 - Go Red! Go Blue!
                          I flex a real hard juice card.

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
                            Congratulations on the victory. That was by far the best game of the tournament thus far, and was absolutely everything it was cracked up to be as the rematch from last weekend. I was thoroughly impressed by the coaching adjustments Rico made, and the overall compete level of the team. Completely different than it was 9 days prior.

Your Hawks found a way to slow us down, and not give us an inch in the neutral zone. That hampered our ability to gain the offensive zone, and is why a good portion of our shots ended up being low percentage plays from the outside. There was simply nothing in the middle to work with. Very impressed with the defensive play.

Knapp came up big on those quality chances he did face. Although frankly, I think the team defense being played in front of him helped tremendously. Nonetheless, he was in position all night, played solid, and gave the Hawks every opportunity to win at the other end.

Well done! As disappointed as I am in Michigan's loss, I'll be in Miami's corner the rest of the way.
                            I will say this, You are a class act! Really appreciate the kind words, not something you can say about most right now.

I know that its a touchy subject on the goal, no goal. That was an epic game, IMO. Knapp played extremely well as did hunwick. There were a few saves Hunwick made that had me shaking my head.

You are spot on about the game plan. Rico really showed his coaching abilities and how he can adapt. They played somewhat of a trap and knew they were going to give up shots but rathered tried to limit the quality of chances and bounce when they had the chance. And I though that they did that perfectly. I thought the longer the game went on the better it was for Miami, Michigan started to look fatiged late in the third.

However, that was one of the coolest atmospheres I have ever been in. I don't remember a time that I have seen the coaching staff that excited on the ice before. It really showed how much this means to everyone involved in the program.

Hope everyone rests up and gets healthy. That was by far the toughest game Miami had played all year. Michigan challenged Miami more than any other team this year and that is a compliment to them with the teams we have played this season.

On to B.C. We had to exorcised one deamon against Michigan when it counted. Now we get another chance against B.C. when it counts. Got to beat these guys when it matters and really really glad we get the chance too in Detroit.

glass half full scenerio: on one hand B.C. just scored 9 goals but on the other hand they gave up 7 . Should be a good one regardless, will be a long long wait the next 10 days.
                            Last edited by redhawkman10; 03-29-2010, 01:55 PM.
                            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by BU-Grad View Post
                              I'm rooting for you guys in the Frozen Four - please, PLEASE beat BC!
                              Lame.

BC/Miami will be a good one. Get your popcorn ready.

Comment

Michigan had the Redhawks on their heals last night in the first OT. The period break came at the perfect time and your team battled heard to make sure they ended it quickly in the second overtime.

Congrats to your team, and fans. I will be cheering for you down the street at Ford Field.
                                MICHIGAN STATE
                                1966:1986:2007

Comment

Working...
                                X