Haha my bad I will remember that in the future when referencing VAIVE

Comment

Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
      Thats just fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawksFan10 View Post
        First off...sorry I have an opinion, but obviously tonight proved that I was in the right to say what i did that UNO is overrated. Last time I checked ND is getting beat by Bowling Green and NMU is owning Michigan, it just proves that both ND and Michigan are completely falling apart this season.

Now do you think we're all in the wrong or saying that UNO was an overrated team? After we got in the swing of things (after the first period) it was all Miami. The talent of UNO is incomparable to Miami.

Lastly, in what shape or form am i saying that Miami is mediocre by saying that UNO is an overrated team?
        easy their killer, read to the bottom before getting flustered. Your absolutely entitled to your opinion, never said you weren't. UNO still isn't overrated, they are a good team. What you learned tonight, and what we all thought is that Miami is better.

What happened tonight doesn't prove your point. Your argument was that UNO being 6-1-1 isn't impressive and them being "hot" doesn't mean anything because they haven't beaten anyone so to speak. I was playing devils advocate about Miami because frankly Miami hasn't played anyone lately and no one is saying what they have done recently isn't impressive because it is. There for what UNO had done coming into this weekend still is and was impressive. They are still a TUC and anytime you are a TUC you are a good club. Your downgrading UNO and I think thats foolish. You can't call UNO overrated when they lose to the best team in the country. Don't get hostile, this is called a debate....
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
          Just because we are students and confident in our team in winning games we are suppose to win is that a bad thing? The students that actually take the time to post on here are actually very knowledgeable and I guarantee you can name UNO's coach. It's not that we have one track minds we just expect to win for the most part.
          Wasn't refering to you, the comment was made about everyone at the arena at the time I believe. You absolutely should expect them to win, i expect them to win but there is also a rational side too. To downplay a team coming into the weekend at 6-1-1 isn't rational IMO.
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
            I'm definitely glad to have you guys posting here now, as it's always nice to have some more Miami representation, but you have to understand that this group is pretty conservative overall and has a generally good reputation for cool heads on this forum. It's a very different tone than what you'll find over on HawkTalk, and I'd just hope we can keep it that way.

And keep this in mind... without RHM, we'd probably be around post 500 on the Part I thread.
            some just don't get it....

and JD I wasn't refering to you in regards to anything I said. frankly wasn't refering to any of the students who post on here. There was a generalization with someone sitting at the rink and the concensus there, thats where my comment was directed towards.

And lastly I would be willing to bet JD rivals me in terms of posts lol

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
              Wasn't refering to you, the comment was made about everyone at the arena at the time I believe. You absolutely should expect them to win, i expect them to win but there is also a rational side too. To downplay a team coming into the weekend at 6-1-1 isn't rational IMO.
              Well I was at the arena at the time and I am a student so I thought you were referring to me as well so my bad. Yes I consider myself confident in the team but I definitely have a rational side too. In this case I just think we are the far superior team, plus UNO is playing on the road and their road record is less than respectable. On top of that, UNO has never had success in Oxford so taking all that into consideration I was very confident this weekend. No hard feelings hope Miami continues to chug along tomorrow
              2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Haha that is great!

Love and Honor

Comment

Haha that is great!
                  If (when?) UNO goons it up at the start of the game tomorrow I am calling on VAIVE to tally the Gordie Howe (as long as we don't instigate it). Would be great to see him rack up some more points this weekend with the effort he's been putting out there since Lake State.

Comment

If (when?) UNO goons it up at the start of the game tomorrow I am calling on VAIVE to tally the Gordie Howe (as long as we don't instigate it). Would be great to see him rack up some more points this weekend with the effort he's been putting out there since Lake State.
                    Him and C Mac definitely have some "Unfinished Business" with some of their players.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                      Him and C Mac definitely have some "Unfinished Business" with some of their players.
                      Tomorrow should be interesting. Can't wait for the game. I guess I should go to sleep gonna get up early, and head back to the Goggin.

Love and Honor

Comment

Well I was at the arena at the time and I am a student so I thought you were referring to me as well so my bad. Yes I consider myself confident in the team but I definitely have a rational side too. In this case I just think we are the far superior team, plus UNO is playing on the road and their road record is less than respectable. On top of that, UNO has never had success in Oxford so taking all that into consideration I was very confident this weekend. No hard feelings hope Miami continues to chug along tomorrow
                        Nothing there to disagree with. Miami is obviously the superior team that, I dont think, was ever in doubt. I just never thought, and still don't, you should discount this UNO team. When looking at everything there are a lot of things to be worried about in regards to this team. Their Head Coach being one of them.

No hard feelings, never is. No point in hashing out feelings on a message board. Well 95% of the time

Comment

Id say from the start of the year not just lake st., but you are right he has performed well. Vaive has flurished this year and it's great to see him improve as much as he has since his freshman year. He has a role and he knows what it is and does it extremely well. Me and '95 made the comments early in the season about his play. And for '95 to say means a lot, he wasn't the biggest fan of him his freshman year lol

Comment

Lol I think C mac has unfinished business with the whole league...

Comment

After a "down" junior year Palmer is on fire. When this team seems to have one of the most balanced offenses in the country with that many guys over 20 and 30 points, he won't settle. He's up to 38 now, which is good enough for #14 nationally (3rd CCHA player). He is tied with Dalpe for the lead in conference points, and Miele is just a couple behind at #3.

Palmer is on an 8 game scoring streak, with a line of 6-10--16. In 8 games. Wow. If we skip the one game off he had where he didn't score, and go back two more games he has 8-12--20 in the past 11 games.

And just think, he's on our 1B line. Ha, no use calling it second line when really his or wingles could be the first one either night.

Comment

After a "down" junior year Palmer is on fire. When this team seems to have one of the most balanced offenses in the country with that many guys over 20 and 30 points, he won't settle. He's up to 38 now, which is good enough for #14 nationally (3rd CCHA player). He is tied with Dalpe for the lead in conference points, and Miele is just a couple behind at #3.

Palmer is on an 8 game scoring streak, with a line of 6-10--16. In 8 games. Wow. If we skip the one game off he had where he didn't score, and go back two more games he has 8-12--20 in the past 11 games.

And just think, he's on our 1B line. Ha, no use calling it second line when really his or wingles could be the first one either night.
                                very true, you have a 1a 1b and 1c line. To think Canonnoe is on your so called "third" line shows your depth. Hell when you have steffes not even dressing every night it shows to your depth, speaking of him he has been a head scratcher this year...

Comment

Working...
                                X