Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
    Because he is actually pretty funny as long as you understand what the concept of trolling is, which it seems the majority of posters on this board do not .
    I understand it completely, and there are a few posters here who do it creatively and make me laugh now and again. UMichrulz is just one of those fans who believe rooting for particular establishments make them tougher, or more attractive, or better endowed, or something else that it absolutely doesn't. It reminds me of all the people who go to games and get drunk and tough and think that by rooting for their boys I am somehow going to be intimidated by them. It is really pathetic when one thinks about it. I have had that little idiot on ignore since it resurfaced last season and just wish if people felt the need to respond to something he posts they'd do it WITHOUT quoting him. Most posters here range from inoffensive to truly fun and interesting. But there are enough that are horrible netizens to sometimes make it hard to bother with some of the threads.

Comment

2 more days before the boys hit the ice at the war memorial.

go skins go.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
        I understand it completely, and there are a few posters here who do it creatively and make me laugh now and again. UMichrulz is just one of those fans who believe rooting for particular establishments make them tougher, or more attractive, or better endowed, or something else that it absolutely doesn't. It reminds me of all the people who go to games and get drunk and tough and think that by rooting for their boys I am somehow going to be intimidated by them. It is really pathetic when one thinks about it. I have had that little idiot on ignore since it resurfaced last season and just wish if people felt the need to respond to something he posts they'd do it WITHOUT quoting him. Most posters here range from inoffensive to truly fun and interesting. But there are enough that are horrible netizens to sometimes make it hard to bother with some of the threads.
        Amen!

Also thanks for the analysis. I know it was the opening weekend but you have seen them visually so it can make somewhat of a difference to have an unbiased opinion from someone who has seem both teams.

Miami routinely out shoots its opponents, but there are a lot of people who don't understand the difference between quality and non quality shots. Miami usually waits for quality shots and it is a flaw at times. They don't really rely on the "get pucks to the net theory". However something Miami does great not give up quality shots. They might do the best of anyone at keeping people to the outside and challenge shots. They do a great job at getting in the shooting lanes and blocking a lot of shots. One thing is for sure, UAH will have to work for their chances. However at this time of year, everyone has to work for everything.
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
          2 more days before the boys hit the ice at the war memorial.

go skins go.
          where you sitting? Im in section 218! Can't wait for the drive up. Probably going to get in town early enough to catch the first East Semi at 1:30.
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

RHM - I've been tracking over on the Region thread. But I give up. I know it's not all of the UofM fans. But that one kid is a flipping *****!!! I am coming back to the fold here.

Looking forward to tomorrow's starting round. Can't be there, but with y'all in spirit.

Ranking tomorrow's games:

#1 - UNH vs. Cornell - fantastic matchup. We played UNH pretty well, but def a great team. Don't know much about Cornell, but i hear great things about that goalie.

#2 - Vermont vs. Wisconsin - By all accounts, Wisc should blow away. But Vermont showed they could play tough in the tourney last year. Definitely looking for a few fireworks in this one.

#3 - NMU vs. SCSU - Not sure about this one. St. Cloud scores a lot of goals, but we all know that Stewey has that ability to play really really well and keep his team in it. Also keep in mind that NMU can score a few as well and SCSU is giving up an even 3.00 GAA. Poor defense is not a good recipe for success in NCAA.

#4 - DU vs. RIT - I don't see DU being too flat in this one. Should be a bit of a snoozer.
            Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

I'd put that NMU game higher on my watch list. One of the hottest teams in the country.with something like only two or three losses in their last fifteen. All to Michigan. When we were watching them at the Joe I called their three goal rally. And in overtime once the guy picked up the puck in the neutral zone I told the pops the game was over. Then he skates through five players and finishes. A team that can score at will when they put their heads down, I think they win that regional

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                RHM - I've been tracking over on the Region thread. But I give up. I know it's not all of the UofM fans. But that one kid is a flipping *****!!! I am coming back to the fold here.
                Gee, I wonder which one you're talking about...? I'm obviously no Michigan fan but I will be the first to say that all of their regulars except that one are really interesting posters and about as un-"jerky" as can be. Alton in particular is a wealth of good NCAA info and brings a ton of good stuff that fans of any team will find interesting.

#4 - DU vs. RIT - I don't see DU being too flat in this one. Should be a bit of a snoozer.
                I think this one may surprise you a little bit. RIT has a lot of people who can score -- 14 guys on that squad have scored 5 or more goals -- and DU really struggled in net and on D last weekend. That and RIT will have the crowd on their side. They expect to bring a decent sized chunk of fans to Albany and Denver does not travel well. Especially all the way to the other side of the country. That and you know the neutral fans will all be pulling for the underdog. Sort of like in another regional you guys are following. I think DU wins this one but that is as much because it seems like the easy call as much as anything else. I do know many of their fans were shocked as to how poorly they played in both games last week.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                  Gee, I wonder which one you're talking about...? I'm obviously no Michigan fan but I will be the first to say that all of their regulars except that one are really interesting posters and about as un-"jerky" as can be. Alton in particular is a wealth of good NCAA info and brings a ton of good stuff that fans of any team will find interesting.

I think this one may surprise you a little bit. RIT has a lot of people who can score -- 14 guys on that squad have scored 5 or more goals -- and DU really struggled in net and on D last weekend. That and RIT will have the crowd on their side. They expect to bring a decent sized chunk of fans to Albany and Denver does not travel well. Especially all the way to the other side of the country. That and you know the neutral fans will all be pulling for the underdog. Sort of like in another regional you guys are following. I think DU wins this one but that is as much because it seems like the easy call as much as anything else. I do know many of their fans were shocked as to how poorly they played in both games last week.
                  I really agree with you on the Denver v. RIT game. Any word on Denver's travle plans? They got dumped on with snow tuesday into wednesday and I would imagine it could of hindered their flight out east on wednesday. If not it definantly could affect some fans. RIT is an interesting team, didn't win an out of conference game, but dominated their conference. Definantly not someone to sleep on, just like UAH.

Im with JD, the NMU v. SCSU game tomorrow is the best on the slate. Both have very good goalies than can go either way and both have dynamic goal scorers. It should be a good one, anyone know if Roe will be back? I know he got taken off on a stretcher last weekend. Would be a bad loss for SCSU.

Comment

Shoot, I just like the respect y'all give us here. I'm really looking forward to the game. May the best team win!

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

It must be day one of the NCAA Tournament: There's a fresh coat of snow in Oxford!

Safe travels to all heading up to Ft. Wayne in the next 24 hours. Hoping to join you all on Sunday if Miami wins on Saturday! Love and Honor!

Comment

Originally posted by RicoForPresident View Post
                        It must be day one of the NCAA Tournament: There's a fresh coat of snow in Oxford!

Safe travels to all heading up to Ft. Wayne in the next 24 hours. Hoping to join you all on Sunday if Miami wins on Saturday! Love and Honor!
                        No kidding I just walked 40 minutes across town in it , is it not supposed to be spring?!?! Heres to some great games this weekend! Go Miami!

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                          No kidding I just walked 40 minutes across town in it , is it not supposed to be spring?!?! Heres to some great games this weekend! Go Miami!
                          Once you're through Miami's Spring Break, you have to have at least one more solid snowfall before you're in the clear. Should be good to go now...
                          Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

How much snow did you guys get? It's just dreary and raining here in DC.

GFM - Miami (and BSU) are all too well aware of what can happen when a #4 seed gets going hot against a #1 seed.

Also, it doesn't look like our buddies over at ESPN Chat have much faith:
                            http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...college-hockey
                            Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                              How much snow did you guys get? It's just dreary and raining here in DC.

GFM - Miami (and BSU) are all too well aware of what can happen when a #4 seed gets going hot against a #1 seed.

Also, it doesn't look like our buddies over at ESPN Chat have much faith:
                              http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...college-hockey
                              Here in Columbus we had about 3 inches on our back porch this morning, but about half has melted away already.
                              Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                                Here in Columbus we had about 3 inches on our back porch this morning, but about half has melted away already.
                                we got 1 to 2 inches, but the killer was the sheet of ice that was out there in this morning. State roads are a solid sheet of ice. Should be good tomorrow for the trip up. Im heading up at around 11:30ish, try to get up there in time to catch the first east regional game tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X