Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
    Just because we are students and confident in our team in winning games we are suppose to win is that a bad thing? The students that actually take the time to post on here are actually very knowledgeable and I guarantee you can name UNO's coach. It's not that we have one track minds we just expect to win for the most part.
    I'm definitely glad to have you guys posting here now, as it's always nice to have some more Miami representation, but you have to understand that this group is pretty conservative overall and has a generally good reputation for cool heads on this forum. It's a very different tone than what you'll find over on HawkTalk, and I'd just hope we can keep it that way.

And keep this in mind... without RHM, we'd probably be around post 500 on the Part I thread.
    Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawksFan10 View Post
      Sounds to me like rhm10 is a Miami student hater.
      You only marginalize and manage expectations for the teams that you truly care about and are passionate for. He is just pointing out that for most students Miami hockey is not their number one team and hence they are happy to have unrealistic expectations and will not be upset if they don't come true.

I am as big of a ND football fan as you will find and trust me if you spew optimistic views around me, such as ND will most likely beat Navy this season, I will be the first to give 100 reasons why that is an unrealistic statement. So I know where he is coming from, we all just fall in a different place on the spectrum.

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
        I'm definitely glad to have you guys posting here now, as it's always nice to have some more Miami representation, but you have to understand that this group is pretty conservative overall and has a generally good reputation for cool heads on this forum. It's a very different tone than what you'll find over on HawkTalk, and I'd just hope we can keep it that way.

And keep this in mind... without RHM, we'd probably be around post 500 on the Part I thread.
        I'm not attempting to be hostile.

I'm just replying to him where he tells me I'm wrong, when I don't think I am completely wrong. He also seems to think all Miami students but him (who has more hockey experience than anyone else), are ignorant, hockey uneducated, *****s, which is also wrong. I'm allowed to have an opinion, and I think telling me I'm completely wrong and saying things "not trying to offend" but could easily offend people, is quite rude.

Comment

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RYLsyNBnE5M&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RYLsyNBnE5M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Comment

We can be friends but no reason to say students are ignorant just because we are a little more confident. We also may not have top hockey experience but we are still very educated and just have somewhat different opinions on some topics.
            2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Few quick things;

1) Carter blew it on the two goals they scored. He was the last line of defense on the first one and shouldn't have let Hudson get a clean shot off. Secondly, horrible slashing penalty resulting in the 5x3.

2) If teams are going to come out headhunting and trying to instigate fights with us, then maybe we shouldn't blow them out anymore. The hits VAIVE was taking were ridiculous, including the cross check to the back of his head. I think thats what hurt him, not the shot block. He was fine after that and even scored a goal. I didn't see him back on the ice after DelGrosso gooned it up.

3) Don't blame C Mac. Him and Wingles were being shoved around over there by the bench completely away from the play (see how they were 120 feet away from the action, they couldn't get to the Miami bench). Then that hack on the bench grabs C Macs helmet, breaks it, and then starts swinging his stick at his head. C Mac would have LOVED for that punk to step on the ice. Wings got the penalty for Sergott being too blind to see what happened and pointing out everything. Even Blasi was wondering why the hell they weren't calling a penalty after he's holding C Mac's broken helmet up.

4) The UNO defense, wow. Umm, for a team that has such a good coach, you would think they learned how to play the puck. So many turnovers, bad plays by their D.

5) I agree with both parties, at this level, any team can "technically" beat someone else. But Miami is top to bottom so much better than this UNO team its only reasonable to expect another huge scoring output tomorrow. (And I played some high quality puck too )

And lastly (until I watch the tape of the game instead of going off what I remember live...)

6) Dean called a timeout. Rico didn't know you could do that in a game. Then we score 2 seconds later. Thanks Blais.
              Last edited by mcfarljd; 02-19-2010, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                1) Carter blew it on the two goals they scored. He was the last line of defense on the first one and shouldn't have let Hudson get a clean shot off.
                He did a great job cutting off the passing lane! Unfortunetly it was not a 2 on 1 .

Comment

6) Dean called a timeout. Rico didn't know you could do that in a game. Then we score 2 seconds later. Thanks Blais.
                  I think we should give all the timeouts to the Mavs for tomorrow's game. It's not like we're going to use one, and I like the way things went after they did.
                  Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

7) TOld ya I would come up with more. Man, we have really outgrown the production value that the Ohio News Network gives us. Cameramen are bad, cameras are bad, hard time following the puck, untimely zooms. Seriously, please FSN Ohio, come back and broadcast more of our games. PLEASE!

Comment

If teams are going to come out headhunting and trying to instigate fights with us, then maybe we shouldn't blow them out anymore. The hits VAIVE was taking were ridiculous, including the cross check to the back of his head. I think thats what hurt him, not the shot block. He was fine after that and even scored a goal. I didn't see him back on the ice after DelGrosso gooned it up.

Totally agree with you here. I forgot about that crosschecking hit that Vaive took. That must have been what caused him to miss the third period. Hopefully he will be ready to go tomorrow. I really like the way he has been playing lately getting out on the rush quite often and always good to have a big guy in front of the net deflecting shots.

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
                        Totally agree with you here. I forgot about that crosschecking hit that Vaive took. That must have been what caused him to miss the third period. Hopefully he will be ready to go tomorrow. I really like the way he has been playing lately getting out on the rush quite often and always good to have a big guy in front of the net deflecting shots.
                        You spelled his name wrong. A guy that big should be spelled in all caps

Comment

7) TOld ya I would come up with more. Man, we have really outgrown the production value that the Ohio News Network gives us. Cameramen are bad, cameras are bad, hard time following the puck, untimely zooms. Seriously, please FSN Ohio, come back and broadcast more of our games. PLEASE!
                          I glanced over at mavpuck to see what they were saying and there is a whole thread about the bush league coverage of the game. Assuming the NHLN picked up ONN's feed. I haven't had the pleasure of watching a game on ONN before but I love when you check out the Miami all access recaps on Monday and half the goals are not even shown going in.

Comment

You spelled his name wrong. A guy that big should be spelled in all caps
                            Haha my bad I will remember that in the future when referencing VAIVE

Love and Honor

Comment

we need better radio and TV coverage

Comment

Originally posted by Go Redskins View Post
                                we need better radio and TV coverage
                                Wait, when did we get radio coverage in the first place?

Comment

Working...
                                X