• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MUhawks628
    replied
    Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
    Bring on BC!

If Yale can score seven goals on them.....

You still laughin bout my nap at the bar RHM. Looks like it came in handy last night
    They had stopped playing for the last 3 ok?!?

Leave a comment:

• mcfarljd
    replied

Bring on BC!

If Yale can score seven goals on them.....

You still laughin bout my nap at the bar RHM. Looks like it came in handy last night

Leave a comment:

• MUhawks628
    replied

Originally posted by whocares View Post
    I missed this. I know at one point a kid in front of me turned to someone else, said "how do you feel about singing the fight song right now?" and the other few kids just started singing and everyone joined in. That was awesome, in the exact same way.
    I was going to try and start the fight song up by the escalators but there seemed to be a disproportionate number of Michigan fans around me. Utilized my better judgement there.

Assuming you are a Miami fan and not some U of M'er who gets excited hearing the Miami fight song, welcome to the board!
    Last edited by MUhawks628; 03-29-2010, 08:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BU-Grad
    replied

wow, there are a lot of angry BC fans trolling this Miami board for some reason, based on the rep comments I'm getting.. (edit: I especially enjoyed the BC fan who told me to "die in a fire." good to see you're using your words)

anyway, my main point was to congratulate Miami fans on another good season and wish your team luck in the Frozen Four. If you've got a team poised enough to win overtime games in the postseason, anything is possible...
    Last edited by BU-Grad; 03-29-2010, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MUhawks628
    replied

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
    I agree. It was loud as hell in those tunnel-like concourses as well. I felt as if we owned the joint on the way out. Anyone know if the band was eventually allowed into the locker room level to play "the song" for the team?
    I was practically skipping out of the arena with a silly grin pasted on my face that took about 40 miles to go away. It was an awesome atmosphere out on the concourses to be sure.

Leave a comment:

• redhawk95
    replied

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
    Michigan had the Redhawks on their heals last night in the first OT. The period break came at the perfect time and your team battled heard to make sure they ended it quickly in the second overtime.

Congrats to your team, and fans. I will be cheering for you down the street at Ford Field.
    Thanks.

What I thought happened was that we gassed the Wolverines, but it was max effort by Miami in the third period that we completely dominated that made Michigan look slow and tired. So, going into that first OT I felt as if Michigan was out of steam, but all that effort Miami expended caught up to them, plus Rico really shortened the bench.

We were due to catch a break, and finally one of the bounces went our way in a big game.

Leave a comment:

• redhawk95
    replied

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    One of the coolest moments of the weekend: The concourse of the War memorial filled with Miami fans post victory singing the Alma Matter.
    I agree. It was loud as hell in those tunnel-like concourses as well. I felt as if we owned the joint on the way out. Anyone know if the band was eventually allowed into the locker room level to play "the song" for the team?

Leave a comment:

• redhawkman10
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    anyone know this?
    Yea he is in the hospital with an undisclosed heart condition. Please keep him and his family in your prayers. Haven't hear what the diagnosis is yet, but it was something that came up on tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
    Does anyone know why LoVerde isn't playing?
    anyone know this?

Leave a comment:

• RedhawkBandMan
    replied

Only thing we need to work on is our band piping out a few more decibels. I was sitting exactly at center ice and did not hear the first half of our fight song once the whole night. Fortuntley Victors is short so we could catch the end

I'm just teasing, Michigan's band is unreal.
    Haha yeah... Michigan has a great band (that's what you get when you have Big10 funding...), but the main problem was that the Michigan band was placed at the top of their section while the Miami band was placed at the bottom. Miami was playing directly into the boards and glass (and the drumset was literally at the ice level) while Michigan was up high enough to play over them.

Doesn't matter though... just means the Miami fans had to sing louder!
    Last edited by RedhawkBandMan; 03-29-2010, 01:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MUhawks628
    replied

Only thing we need to work on is our band piping out a few more decibels. I was sitting exactly at center ice and did not hear the first half of our fight song once the whole night. Fortuntley Victors is short so we could catch the end

I'm just teasing, Michigan's band is unreal.

Leave a comment:

• mcfarljd
    replied

Woooop Woooooop Wooooooooooop
    *****http://www.therxforum.com/images/smilies/toast.gif******

Leave a comment:

• MUhawks628
    replied

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=503...goryid=2378529

#1 play
    Last edited by MUhawks628; 03-29-2010, 12:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RedhawkBandMan
    replied

That just about sums it up right there. All my questions and concerns were more than answered. Not even gonna talk about it.

Will say this, though. After many very negative experiences with Michigan fans in past years, I have nothing to add to my list of grievances after this weekend.

And, wow! Great Miami turnout! It looked like at least half the crowd was wearing red and white. And they didn't sit on their hands, either! I'm sure the exciting pace of the game had something to do with it, but what a change of atmosphere between Saturday and Sunday. Definitely enjoyed having some students/recent alumni around me to sing the fight song and make it feel like a true home game.

Two demons exorcised (NCAA OTs, Michigan Post-Season Games)... now we need to get some revenge on the city of Boston!

On to Detroit! Love & Honor!

Leave a comment:

• whocares
    replied

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    One of the coolest moments of the weekend: The concourse of the War memorial filled with Miami fans post victory singing the Alma Matter.
    I missed this. I know at one point a kid in front of me turned to someone else, said "how do you feel about singing the fight song right now?" and the other few kids just started singing and everyone joined in. That was awesome, in the exact same way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X