Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    I don't know how Michigan will get a better home ice advantage... unless you mean the time allows for a few more Michigan fans to show up...?

Regardless, what are you worried about.. they swept Michigan in front of their true home ice advantage, Yost. Bring more of your own fans and, more importantly, hope that your team shows up. This "advantage" didn't faze Notre Dame last season or in years before.

The real reason for the time change is for tv purposes and ticket sales, not to give anyone any advantage.
    I agree, it won't help Michigan anymore by playing the late game. Their fans will show up regardless. Which ever game gets better ratings in prime time is the one they will put there. The CCHA routinely changes game times, and its pretty obvious the more interesting matchup is Miami-Michigan.

The biggest problem Miami will have to contend with is how well michigan is playing not the crowd. Playing in front of a hostile crowd is actually more beenficial for Miami, IMO.
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Alright, with this weekend behind us there is plenty to improve upon and work on this week in practice. I have confidence the wrinkles will be worked out and this team see's the light for their 2nd championship of the year. For me the biggest question is Knapp or Reichard?

Honestly can't go wrong either way, but Connor played extremely well last night. Cody has played extremely well throughout the year and I would believe he would admit he didn't play his best saturday. Whoever gets the nod, you have to think is the horse the rest of the way.
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
        They weren't on it, their judgement doesn't matter by looking at it. Ice was great, wasn't a problem. If you want to use that as an excuse go for it. Like I said I was on it in the afternoon and it was fine. Ice is kept a certain way and that is controlled by the head coach. He wants it a certain way and that is the way it is.
        I think the only explanation here is that the ice was in great shape until RHM skated on it. We can blame him for messing it up!

FWIW, it did seem like players on both teams were losing an edge more frequently than we would typically see. I know there were a few times that some of Miami's strongest skaters fell down on open ice without any help from OSU. Don't know whether that was due to ice quality or simply the nature of Sunday's game, but something definitely seemed off at times. Regardless, good ice or bad, both teams were equally affected.
        Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post

You and your " OVER-RATED " team should be EMBARRESED that the Buckeyes took your team to a game three.
          OVER-RATED? Wow! I could understand if this comment came from a NoDak or Wisonsin fan, but from a Buckeye? Didn't see that one coming.

Embarrassed? Not at all. Although the Hawks own a 5-1-1 record against OSU this season, it has grown into a pretty good in-state rivalry. Some may disagree but I thought OSU did exactly what they needed to do last night to better their chances with a deep team like Miami - stay out of the penalty box, and play good defense. I, personally, really wasn't that surprised that it went three games.
          You just gotta love the "Brotherhood"
          GO HAWKS!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
            I think the only explanation here is that the ice was in great shape until RHM skated on it. We can blame him for messing it up!

FWIW, it did seem like players on both teams were losing an edge more frequently than we would typically see. I know there were a few times that some of Miami's strongest skaters fell down on open ice without any help from OSU. Don't know whether that was due to ice quality or simply the nature of Sunday's game, but something definitely seemed off at times. Regardless, good ice or bad, both teams were equally affected.
            Yes, if rhm would only lose a few pounds, Sunday night's game would have been much better. (There was a lot of humidity this weekend with all the rain.) Miami has a lot of skill, OSU has good speed--maybe that explains it.

Comment

Originally posted by porch-n-suds View Post
              OVER-RATED? Wow! I could understand if this comment came from a NoDak or Wisonsin fan, but from a Buckeye? Didn't see that one coming.

Embarrassed? Not at all. Although the Hawks own a 5-1-1 record against OSU this season, it has grown into a pretty good in-state rivalry. Some may disagree but I thought OSU did exactly what they needed to do last night to better their chances with a deep team like Miami - stay out of the penalty box, and play good defense. I, personally, really wasn't that surprised that it went three games.
              Agree with this. After Friday, I thought it might be easier, but OSU showed some jam and some smarts and if the bounces had gone their way Sunday, the outcome easily could have been different. It was not a pretty game last night, but both teams left it out there and should be commended for that.

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
                You and your " OVER-RATED " team should be EMBARRESED that the Buckeyes took your team to a game three.
                I usually try not to feed trolls but I really can't resist. I just want to know do you actually watch college hockey and/or understand the concept of parity?

I'm sure you are just trying to get a rise out of us, if not you truly are a lost cause.

Comment

I agree, it won't help Michigan anymore by playing the late game. Their fans will show up regardless.
                  The attendance would look like they showed up, but I tell you that it is pretty empty for that early game. It just doesn't work out for most people who work on Friday and don't want to take the day off.
                  Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post

touche!

I didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary. It was an intense game and those type of atmospheres tend to have things happen that are out of the ordinary. There were a lot of poor decisions last night, and seemed guys on both teams were trying to make things happen even when it wasn't there.

One thing I did notice was the superb band play over the weekend, no rust out of the alums! lol well except for the horrible tuba playing.....

Comment

Originally posted by porch-n-suds View Post

Don't give that donkey the time of day. His IQ is worse than a 5 yr old. He couldn't find an ice rink if someone put him at center ice. Can't take what he says with any kind of sincerity.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                        The attendance would look like they showed up, but I tell you that it is pretty empty for that early game. It just doesn't work out for most people who work on Friday and don't want to take the day off.
                        No you are right, I have been to several early games and the crowd isn't the same as the late game. With that said, the crowd shouldn't be an issue. Miami has played in several hostile environtments over the last two years. And Friday at the Joe won't be worse than their two game set at the Yost earlier in the year. The move in merely for TV purposes, and it should be. Mainly because the Big 10 network probably doesn't want to show two non big 10 schools....

Comment

They weren't on it, their judgement doesn't matter by looking at it. Ice was great, wasn't a problem. If you want to use that as an excuse go for it. Like I said I was on it in the afternoon and it was fine. Ice is kept a certain way and that is controlled by the head coach. He wants it a certain way and that is the way it is.
                          Your opinion on the ice quality is based on what professional or life experience? Someone who played in the pros on the ice of every NHL arena is quite capable of telling the quality of the ice without being on it. To say otherwise is a statement of ignorance. It degraded much too quick and had too much puck bounce. Not professional quality! The physics of rink ice goes beyond the temp of the glycol you're pumping, it involves ambient temps and humidity levels kept in proper ratio. If the ratio is not maintained the ice suffers. I'm not saying your ice is always bad, but it certainly was last night, I think there were certain enviromental factors yesterday that the staff just couldn't compensate for. I think your counterpoint is based on pride for your home ice, not fact. Enrico would never say the quality of last nights ice is what he wants, he's a much better coach than that. It would be like a basketball coach having his team play with their shoelaces untied.
                          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-15-2010, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            It would be like a basketball coach having his team play with their shoelaces untied.
                            I'm not 100% positive Miami's basketball team doesn't do that already...it would explain alot.

Comment

One thing I did notice was the superb band play over the weekend, no rust out of the alums! lol well except for the horrible tuba playing.....
                              I'd like to see YOU try to play a tuba with a mouthful of bubblicious!
                              Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                                Your opinion on the ice quality is based on what professional or life experience? Someone who played in the pros on the ice of every NHL arena is quite capable of telling the quality of the ice without being on it. To say otherwise is a statement of ignorance. It degraded much too quick and had too much puck bounce. Not professional quality! The physics of rink ice goes beyond the temp of the glycol you're pumping, it involves ambient temps and humidity levels kept in proper ratio. If the ratio is not maintained the ice suffers. I'm not saying your ice is always bad, but it certainly was last night, I think there were certain enviromental factors yesterday that the staff just couldn't compensate for. I think your counterpoint is based on pride for your home ice, not fact. Enrico would never say the quality of last nights ice is what he wants, he's a much better coach than that. It would be like a basketball coach having his team play with their shoelaces untied.
                                boooowhoooo, anymore excuses? Ice was fine, I have played on several NHL ice surfaces and played at a high level. I know the difference between good ice and really bad ice.

Comment

Working...
                                X