• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

Originally posted by fangers View Post
    lol, you think...lol

less travel = more beer $ I can spend on friendly hosts
    Well what you save in tuition you pay in gas, thats fair....
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

My son who happens to be a Miami alum went to the game (his first in the new Goggin) and told me he never saw ice so bad. It shaved badly so early in each period it looked like it had an inch of snow on it. Passes slowed down so much many were intercepted and the puck was bouncing everywhere. most of the players had an extremely hard time just keeping the puck on their sticks because of it. On one clear Miami did that went all the way down to Carlson it came in on him bouncing like a basketball! A shame such a great facility had terrible ice. Is it always like that? I mean it wasn't that warm outside and it wasn't a sellout crowd so what gives? Goggin's boards are really dead also, most of what hit them would have come back to the blue line at the Joe but didn't even make it back to the goal line there.
      Regardless, congrats to Miami and do the CCHA proud in the NCAA's.
      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-14-2010, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        My son who happens to be a Miami alum went to the game (his first in the new Goggin) and told me he never saw ice so bad. It shaved badly so early in each period it looked like it had an inch of snow on it. Passes slowed down so much many were intercepted and the puck was bouncing everywhere. most of the players had an extremely hard time just keeping the puck on their sticks because of it. On one clear Miami did that went all the way down to Carlson it came in on him bouncing like a basketball! A shame such a great facility had terrible ice. Is it always like that? I mean it wasn't that warm outside and it wasn't a sellout crowd so what gives? Goggin's boards are really dead also, most of what hit them would have come back to the blue line at the Joe but didn't even make it back to the goal line there.
        Regardless, congrats to Miami and do the CCHA proud in the NCAA's.
        Ice wasn't bad at all....Skated on it earlier in the afternoon and it was great. Its one of the best surfaces in the league. They couldn't keep the puck on their stick for a lot of reasons and none were the ice. Passes were intercepted because there were a lot of bad passes and forced plays. Puck tends to bounce when you flip it in the air too. Ice had nothing to do with it, Ice temp is kept higher than most places because thats how they want it. They are a quick team and it slows down teams that aren't used to it. Nothing wrong with the ice, going to have to look elsewhere for an excuse. Unless you were skating on it, you can't make that assumption. As well nothing wrong with the boards, the joe has the liveliest boards of any arena in the NHL so that is a bad comparison.
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
          Ice wasn't bad at all....Skated on it earlier in the afternoon and it was great. Its one of the best surfaces in the league. They couldn't keep the puck on their stick for a lot of reasons and none were the ice. Passes were intercepted because there were a lot of bad passes and forced plays. Puck tends to bounce when you flip it in the air too. Ice had nothing to do with it, Ice temp is kept higher than most places because thats how they want it. They are a quick team and it slows down teams that aren't used to it. Nothing wrong with the ice, going to have to look elsewhere for an excuse. Unless you were skating on it, you can't make that assumption. As well nothing wrong with the boards, the joe has the liveliest boards of any arena in the NHL so that is a bad comparison.
          I have to respectfully disagree about the ice quality. My other son went with his brother to the game and he had played in the NHL and both said it was rotten. I simply stand by his professional judgement. Of course the Joe's boards are lively but yours hardly rebound at all compared to most rinks.
          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-15-2010, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
            Does anyone know if Miami is for sure playing at 8 on Friday. USCHO seems to be the only site that has assigned time slots to the games so far (making plans for the trip up)
            I'm sure they'll try to put us there but hopefully Miami vetoes it. The #1 seed should not have to play the late game (regardless) just so Michigan can get a better home-ice advantage. It's not supposed to work that way.
            http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

[QUOTE=redhawkman10;4697235]Well its a mute point, but OSU didn't look good at all tonight. They were over matched from the drop of the puck. Minus the first 7 minutes of the third when they brought some pressure, finally, they were on their heels the whole night and couldn't get anything going through the neutral zone. Miami showed tonight why they are one of the top teams in the country. They came out and took care of business in a game that they needed. Took control of the game and for me it was never in doubt. Great effort all around and that is something that was nice to see.

You and your " OVER-RATED " team should be EMBARRESED that the Buckeyes took your team to a game three.
              " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                I'm sure they'll try to put us there but hopefully Miami vetoes it. The #1 seed should not have to play the late game (regardless) just so Michigan can get a better home-ice advantage. It's not supposed to work that way.
                It is up to the commissioner to set the times. That's the way it works.
                Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                  I believe FSD has the 4:30 game and BTN the night game on Friday, so if they have any influence I'm sure they are pushing for Miami Michigan at 8

Comment

I don't know how Michigan will get a better home ice advantage... unless you mean the time allows for a few more Michigan fans to show up...?

Regardless, what are you worried about.. they swept Michigan in front of their true home ice advantage, Yost. Bring more of your own fans and, more importantly, hope that your team shows up. This "advantage" didn't faze Notre Dame last season or in years before.

The real reason for the time change is for tv purposes and ticket sales, not to give anyone any advantage.

Comment

Well its a mute point, but OSU didn't look good at all tonight. They were over matched from the drop of the puck. Minus the first 7 minutes of the third when they brought some pressure, finally, they were on their heels the whole night and couldn't get anything going through the neutral zone. Miami showed tonight why they are one of the top teams in the country. They came out and took care of business in a game that they needed. Took control of the game and for me it was never in doubt. Great effort all around and that is something that was nice to see.

The interesting thing is who gets the nod in net friday. Connor made some big saves at a key point in the early part of the third but he wasn't tested much tonight at all. Cody struggled in the first two games and you don't know where his confidence is at this point with connor getting the nod in game 3. I don't buy the 3 games in 3 nights arguement. Carlson went in a must win game, and this was a must win game. For my money Knapp is the guy from here on out, but can't go wrong either way.

As much as you say ohio state was out match, out played and all that it was a 1 shot game. Albert just missed the top corner and in the last minute had another chance so I wouldnt be so fast to say miami took care of business. Yes they won and had way more chances but they didnt convert on just 2. Good Luck to the Hawks next week in Detroit ill see you there.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                        I don't know how Michigan will get a better home ice advantage... unless you mean the time allows for a few more Michigan fans to show up...?

Regardless, what are you worried about.. they swept Michigan in front of their true home ice advantage, Yost. Bring more of your own fans and, more importantly, hope that your team shows up. This "advantage" didn't faze Notre Dame last season or in years before.

The real reason for the time change is for tv purposes and ticket sales, not to give anyone any advantage.
                        Oh I know it's about money and TV. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                          Thanks for the insight.

Comment

Well what you save in tuition you pay in gas, thats fair....
                            The travel/gas to watch UAH play will be drop in the bucket compared to what has been spent on AAA/junior hockey fees & travel...tuition savings all gravy....

Comment

Thanks for the insight.
                              You said that its not the way it works. Actually there is no 'way it works.' It is up to the discretion of the commish. It can change from year to year. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
                              Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                                I have to respectfully disagree about the ice quality. My other son went with his brother to the game and he had played in the NHL and both said it was rotten. I simply stand by his professional judgement. Of course the Joe's boards are lively but yours hardly rebound at all compared to most rinks.
                                They weren't on it, their judgement doesn't matter by looking at it. Ice was great, wasn't a problem. If you want to use that as an excuse go for it. Like I said I was on it in the afternoon and it was fine. Ice is kept a certain way and that is controlled by the head coach. He wants it a certain way and that is the way it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X