Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

    Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    ahhh too late, he is the coach in waiting at Michigan....
    Well at least that will put to rest the ridiculous "Blasi to Michigan" yearly rumors.

    Comment


    • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

      Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
      Well at least that will put to rest the ridiculous "Blasi to Michigan" yearly rumors.
      Yea I was sweating those too...
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

      Comment


      • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

        Carter Camper up for CCHA Scholar Athlete of the year

        The faculty athletic representative at each school, in consultation with the head coach, selected the institution’s Scholar-Athlete of the Year. Each school’s Scholar-Athlete of the Year serves as the school’s nominee for CCHA Scholar-Athlete of the Year.

        http://www.ccha.com/ccha_announces_t...-athletes.aspx

        Comment


        • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

          Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
          Carter Camper up for CCHA Scholar Athlete of the year

          The faculty athletic representative at each school, in consultation with the head coach, selected the institution’s Scholar-Athlete of the Year. Each school’s Scholar-Athlete of the Year serves as the school’s nominee for CCHA Scholar-Athlete of the Year.

          http://www.ccha.com/ccha_announces_t...-athletes.aspx
          That is pretty impressive, I mean it takes alot of time to memorize all those vocab words and regurgitate them onto a test.

          Sorry to any psych majors I had to.

          Comment


          • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

            Congrats to Camper.

            On senior night, it was another impressive academic performance by the the four seniors. All are graduating in four years and all had 3+ gpas (Hetland and Smith with 3.6+ in finance with Hetland in the honors program). Add to that 104 wins (and counting, we hope) and it's not a bad legacy.

            Comment


            • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

              The 2009-2010 CCHA All-Conference Teams have been announced, and Miami is well represented!

              Palmer and Reichard named to the First Team. Miele and Wingels to the Second. Finally, Camper gets an Honorable Mention.

              Love & Honor!
              Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

              Comment


              • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

                Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                The 2009-2010 CCHA All-Conference Teams have been announced, and Miami is well represented!

                Palmer and Reichard named to the First Team. Miele and Wingels to the Second. Finally, Camper gets an Honorable Mention.

                Love & Honor!
                you beat me too it!


                The surprising thing to me is that not a single defenseman was named on the best defensive team in the country....
                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

                Comment


                • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

                  Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                  you beat me too it!


                  The surprising thing to me is that not a single defenseman was named on the best defensive team in the country....
                  What are you talking about? They named our BEST d-man! Cody Reichard!
                  Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

                  Comment


                  • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

                    Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post

                    Goalie is easy.

                    First team forwards will be Olver (NMU), Dalpe (OSU), and Palmer.
                    BOOM! Called it.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

                      Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                      The 2009-2010 CCHA All-Conference Teams have been announced, and Miami is well represented!

                      Palmer and Reichard named to the First Team. Miele and Wingels to the Second. Finally, Camper gets an Honorable Mention.

                      Love & Honor!
                      Camper was close in votes to beating out Tropp, that would have been hilarious seeing a clean sweep of the second team and 4 of the 6 forwards.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

                        Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                        What are you talking about? They named our BEST d-man! Cody Reichard!
                        lol can always count on you!
                        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

                        Comment


                        • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

                          Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                          you beat me too it!


                          The surprising thing to me is that not a single defenseman was named on the best defensive team in the country....
                          Checked some stats.

                          Gustaffson (NMU) piled up the points 1-21--22. But was only a +2. Seriously? a +2? Someone needs to learn to play defence.

                          Delgrosso (UNO) led the team in points (seriously? a defenceman?) 4-16--20, and had a +9.

                          Redmond (FSU) 4-15--19, +2.

                          Petry (MSU) 2-13--15, -3

                          Seriously? Petry? No way that kid should be up there.

                          Wideman: 5-9--14, +15
                          Schilling: 1-10--11, +21
                          Hartman: 5-5--10, +18

                          Apparently the voters forgot about the defence in defencemen.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

                            Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                            Petry (MSU) 2-13--15, -3

                            Seriously? Petry? No way that kid should be up there.
                            That is just mind boggling - Apparently CCHA coaches value offensive output over actual defense from their D men. Lol I guess.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

                              Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                              That is just mind boggling - Apparently CCHA coaches value offensive output over actual defense from their D men. Lol I guess.
                              But thats the funny part, not only is he awful at defence apparently, Wideman had more goals and only 1 less point. And a better +/- by 18!

                              I think it had to do with how many Miami's they had already written on ballots and some guys had to get the snub.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

                                Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                                But thats the funny part, not only is he awful at defence apparently, Wideman had more goals and only 1 less point. And a better +/- by 18!

                                I think it had to do with how many Miami's they had already written on ballots and some guys had to get the snub.
                                well if thats the case, that isn't the purpose of the awards. The purpose is to give the guys who are the best in the conference. You will, and should, have more guys from the team that only lost 2 conference games and ran away with the league. Miami has the best defense in the country and don't get a single guy on a all league team, nor even get a guy as an honorable mention?? That is ridiculous....
                                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X