X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiamiRedhawks2008
    replied
    Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

They need to have a line of these jerseys for sale...they will sell out in a month. $indabank! Count it!

Leave a comment:

• mcfarljd
    replied

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
    How much did those end up going for? I remember thinking it would be cool to pick up Saksa's for as cheap as possible, it was ~$200 the last time I ever looked.
    Can't remember how much those ones went for, but I know that the other gameworn sweaters they auction in the last weekend of the year are fairly reasonable, starting at $150 I believe. Me and the pops picked up Jonesy's senior year sweater, which should have been the teams first F4 appearance, and VAIVE's #22.

Leave a comment:

• MUhawks628
    replied

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
    True, but the people that won those sweaters in the auctions I'm sure are pumped.
    How much did those end up going for? I remember thinking it would be cool to pick up Saksa's for as cheap as possible, it was ~$200 the last time I ever looked.

I think we are changing over to Adidas from Nike next season, new sweaters incoming by any chance?

Edit:
    http://www.muredhawks.cstvauctions.c...ctionnbr=15690

Not so cheap for a bench warmer (at the time)
    Last edited by MUhawks628; 03-29-2010, 10:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mcfarljd
    replied

Which means we get at least 1 more game of our awesome 1929 Red Wings' jerseys. I'm going to be sad to see them go.
    True, but the people that won those sweaters in the auctions I'm sure are pumped.

Leave a comment:

• MUhawks628
    replied

Well thankfully we only have between a 3~4 hour trip next week, and are the default home team

BC -- 13 hours
    Wisconsin -- 7 hours
    RIT -- 7 hours
    Which means we get at least 1 more game of our awesome 1929 Red Wings' jerseys. I'm going to be sad to see them go.

Leave a comment:

• mcfarljd
    replied

Well thankfully we only have between a 3~4 hour trip next week, and are the default home team

BC -- 13 hours
    Wisconsin -- 7 hours
    RIT -- 7 hours

Leave a comment:

• MUhawks628
    replied

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
    Tried that once before a late-night drive. Downed the entire thing and it put me straight to sleep. Good thing the other guy with me took the coffee route, because he ended up driving the entire way.
    Just take whatever they say is the safe amount to consume in a 24 hour period, multiply it by 3 and hope your heart doesn't explode. I guarantee you will not fall asleep tho

Leave a comment:

• RedhawkBandMan
    replied

1 hour... 2 hours... who's counting? Apparently that "five hour energy" had the exact opposite effect once i took it.
    Tried that once before a late-night drive. Downed the entire thing and it put me straight to sleep. Good thing the other guy with me took the coffee route, because he ended up driving the entire way.

Leave a comment:

• MUhawks628
    replied

Last year the DC trip was full of "truckers luv it" and "6 hour powers", which were an extra hour, of power no less, for a dollar cheaper. But alas, the BP across the street didn't have any of those, and the five hour energy didn't do the trick.
    ***** it. On the drive to St. Paul next year I'm going straight amphetamines.

Leave a comment:

• mcfarljd
    replied

I've only tried that stuff once but I experienced fantastic results

(That sounded like something from an erectile dysfunction commercial)
    Last year the DC trip was full of "truckers luv it" and "6 hour powers", which were an extra hour, of power no less, for a dollar cheaper. But alas, the BP across the street didn't have any of those, and the five hour energy didn't do the trick.

Leave a comment:

• MUhawks628
    replied

1 hour... 2 hours... who's counting? Apparently that "five hour energy" had the exact opposite effect once i took it.
    I've only tried that stuff once but I experienced fantastic results

(That sounded like something from an erectile dysfunction commercial)

Leave a comment:

• mcfarljd
    replied

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    you mean the 2 hours you slept in the car??? lol good thing you didn't fall asleep at the bar....Tell Wally it was a pleasure doing business with him! lol

Leave a comment:

• MUhawks628
    replied

Originally posted by skeptic View Post
    After the third I told the Miami fan next to me at the bar that this was a bad omen that Miami had expended so much energy without sealing the deal. I left the bar thinking that Michigan would probably win the thing.
    Can swing either way. Not sure what the point of that post was or if it was addressed to a certain person (Redhawk is kind of general around here). Michigan was considered to be one of, if not the hottest team in the country going into that game. Not sure how it is a knock on Miami that it was a hard fought contest.

Leave a comment:

• skeptic
    replied

Redhawk,

With all due respect, I think that Miami looked pretty good in the latter half of the third, however in the first overtime Michigan dominated. After the first overtime I told the Michigan fan next to me at the bar that this was a bad omen that Michigan had expended so much energy without sealing the deal. I left the bar thinking that Miami would probably win the thing.

Leave a comment:

• redhawkman10
    replied

Bring on BC!

If Yale can score seven goals on them.....

You still laughin bout my nap at the bar RHM. Looks like it came in handy last night
    you mean the 2 hours you slept in the car??? lol good thing you didn't fall asleep at the bar....Tell Wally it was a pleasure doing business with him! lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X