Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

And man I rememmber norm from a couple years back. He's a badass. One of my fave business profs

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
      The party has officially moved to 0019 Farmer School of Business, stop by, first rounds on me!

I love profs that make papers due on GBD - f u Norm Miller.
      Norm Miller! I had that guy for either micro or macro a few years back (back when it was in the old building). He was pretty much a dick.

Happy Green Beer Day everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by GogginSoldier View Post
        Norm Miller! I had that guy for either micro or macro a few years back (back when it was in the old building). He was pretty much a dick.

Happy Green Beer Day everyone!
        ""Miami University has nothing whatsoever to do with Green Beer Day."[6] Miami University e-mails teachers to specifically have no tolerance for students who arrive inebriated on Green Beer Day in order to combat the tradition, and encourages teachers to assign large assignments to be due in classes during Green Beer Day.[3]" Hahah.... Found that in Wikipedia about green beer day! Oh trying to combat college drinking is not a good idea

Because you end up with answers like this! http://funnyexam.com/answers/2111-he...er-the-questio I like *** and the Guess + Check method

or wait this one is more accurate. http://funnyexam.com/answers/2180-to...-have-got-full
        Last edited by CHATJ; 03-04-2010, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
          RHBM and I will report from Saturday's OSU/UND game. I think Ohio State advances in three games. However, I could see a lower seed upset. I could see WMU playing hard for Jim Culhane and we know Riley Gill can steal a game. Alaska can't score so they could be upset if Gill holds the games to 2-1, 1-0 type scores.
          I wouldn't say Alaska can't score since they put up 11 or 12 goals last weekend. Also ask Ferris about Gill since they went to a shoot out both games last weekend so your spot on there. Definantly a possibility as Jakaitis did to us with Lake St. a few years back. Speaking of Lake St. I would be very careful if I were Mich, I see the Lakers having a great chance at taking that series.
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
            Econ majors are inherently cool people

(my quota of self-depricating humor for the day)
            haha! nice!
            Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
              And man I rememmber norm from a couple years back. He's a badass. One of my fave business profs
              Same. He's only gotten crazier, funnier, more sexist, and more awesome since then.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                I wouldn't say Alaska can't score since they put up 11 or 12 goals last weekend.
                Even with that offensive outburst, they're still just 38th in the nation in scoring offense. Just sayin'.
                http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by wildcat4life View Post
                  Same. He's only gotten crazier, funnier, more sexist, and more awesome since then.
                  Best line of the year - while looking for a light switch in the new FSB, just before flicking it "alright folks, hold onto your purses...and your virginity"

And telling us how if he wears "outdoor" shoes in the house, his wife won't sleep with him for a week.

Comment

I'm trying to find something about Paula's article to be peeved over, as is usually the case without much effort, but overall not too bad this week; as long as you have gotten over Cody getting no love in that "girl reporter's" CCHA awards.

I would have thrown VAIVE in over Dalpe, but thats just me.

Comment

Two highlights from Paula's column this week:

From "A League of One"...

Originally posted by Paula Weston
                      There’s no question that Miami hockey has dynasty potential. A few more years of strong NCAA tournament performance and a national championship will cement that.

...and later, in "The Silver Lining"...

Originally posted by Paula Weston
                      This is good news, especially since NBC’s announcers couldn’t get enough of the gentlemen we’ve known and loved for decades. If U.S. sports fans didn’t know before this Olympics that the NHL is full of talent with NCAA experience, they do now. They know that... Dan Boyle played for Miami University — often mentioned without the “Ohio” attached, another bonus.
                      One of the better columns I've seen this year, but I probably feel that way because Miami got a lot of good press! I literally laughed out loud when I read the "dynasty" line, and though I was surprised to see no Miamians on her All-CCHA Team, particularly in the goaltender position, it doesn't matter one bit when compared to the recognition of the team.

Looking forward to Buckeyes/Irish tomorrow, mainly because I'm excited to check out the Ice Rink during an actual game!
                      Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

What is this dynasty potential she speaks of.

*Quick someone ask one of the NoDak posters for the link!!*

Congrats Paula, the crack writes at the Student beat you to the punch 3 years ago, how does that feel!
                        Last edited by MUhawks628; 03-05-2010, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                          Even with that offensive outburst, they're still just 38th in the nation in scoring offense. Just sayin'.
                          Im with ya, but your right the matchup does lean towards a couple 2-1 type games.
                          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post

One of the better columns I've seen this year, but I probably feel that way because Miami got a lot of good press! I literally laughed out loud when I read the "dynasty" line, and though I was surprised to see no Miamians on her All-CCHA Team, particularly in the goaltender position, it doesn't matter one bit when compared to the recognition of the team.

Looking forward to Buckeyes/Irish tomorrow, mainly because I'm excited to check out the Ice Rink during an actual game!
                            wear a helmet, your so close to the action you actually feel you are on the ice...

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post

Yea Mike Emrick definantly didn't pass up an opportunity to mention where Dan played lol. Might have something to do with the fact he attended the school, but who knows...lol

Comment

Ahhhhhh hahaha. Oh man that Weston column became a huge joke at the bottom, really? Did she happen to see a single game this season? Or just refuse to look at any players on the team that ran away with the conference.

Comment

Working...
                                X