Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

    Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    yea there are a couple he probably wants back, but he did stone cole on a breakaway...this weekend will be a good test for him, lake st isn't a slouch.
    Oh yea I remember that now, it was a shorthanded one at that. Of course then Mich went down 200 feet and buried one of their own.

    Comment


    • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

      Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
      Oh yea I remember that now, it was a shorthanded one at that. Of course then Mich went down 200 feet and buried one of their own.
      yes they did because if we have learned one thing Mike Johnson is not Jordan Pearce or David Brown lol.
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

      Comment


      • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

        Recruit Update

        Indiana Ice -- USHL
        Coleman, Blake: 45 games. 10-16--26. -6. 50 PIMs. 1 PPG. 7 PPA.
        Berschbach, Shane: 35 games. 11-20--31. -3. 4 PIM. 3 PPG. 12 PPA.
        Wideman, Alex: 46 games. 9-9--18. -10. 24 PIM. 2 PPG. 5 PPA. 1 SHA.
        Cook, Max: 44 games. 20-21--41. +17. 25 PIMs. 5 PPA. 1 SHG. 3 GWG.
        Tied with team lead in points with fellow Miami commit Paulazzo. Second in goals.
        Paulazzo, Bryon: 47 games. 13-28--41. +26. 40 PIMs. 3 PPG. 4 PPA. 2 GWG.
        Tied in team lead in points with fellow commit Max Cook. Also leads in assists and +/-.

        USNTDP U17
        Murphy, Connor: 8 games. 1-0--1. 4 PIMs.
        Biggs, Tyler: 36 games. 13-7--20. 81 PIMs. 4 PPG. 2 SHG. 2 GWG.
        5th in points, 2nd in goals, 1st in penalty minutes.

        Tri City Storm -- USHL
        Murphy, Cody: 45 games. 8-4--12. -7. 29 PIMs. 1 PPG. 1 PPA. 1 SHG. 1 GWG.

        Chicago Mission '94s -- Midget Minor
        Hartman, Ryan: 38 games. 25-19--44. 5 PPG. 1 SHG. 64 PIMs.
        1st in points, 1st in goals, 2nd in assists, 3rd in PIMs.

        New Hampshire Junior Monarchs -- EJHL
        Gacek, Alex: 40 games. 33-28--61. 12 PIMs. 12 PPG. 15 PPA. 2 SHG. 6 GWG.
        Second in points on his team (because he went and played with the USA U-17 team). 1st in goals. 1st in powerplay goals. 1st in powerplay points. 1st in game winning goals.
        Finished 2nd in the league in goals, 7th in points. Tops for a '93.

        Shattuck St Mary's
        Mullin, Jimmy: 51 games. 28-35--63. 24 PIMs.
        Leads team in goals, assists, points.

        Comment


        • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

          Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
          Recruit Update

          Indiana Ice -- USHL
          Coleman, Blake: 45 games. 10-16--26. -6. 50 PIMs. 1 PPG. 7 PPA.
          Berschbach, Shane: 35 games. 11-20--31. -3. 4 PIM. 3 PPG. 12 PPA.
          Wideman, Alex: 46 games. 9-9--18. -10. 24 PIM. 2 PPG. 5 PPA. 1 SHA.
          Cook, Max: 44 games. 20-21--41. +17. 25 PIMs. 5 PPA. 1 SHG. 3 GWG.
          Tied with team lead in points with fellow Miami commit Paulazzo. Second in goals.
          Paulazzo, Bryon: 47 games. 13-28--41. +26. 40 PIMs. 3 PPG. 4 PPA. 2 GWG.
          Tied in team lead in points with fellow commit Max Cook. Also leads in assists and +/-.

          USNTDP U17
          Murphy, Connor: 8 games. 1-0--1. 4 PIMs.
          Biggs, Tyler: 36 games. 13-7--20. 81 PIMs. 4 PPG. 2 SHG. 2 GWG.
          5th in points, 2nd in goals, 1st in penalty minutes.

          Tri City Storm -- USHL
          Murphy, Cody: 45 games. 8-4--12. -7. 29 PIMs. 1 PPG. 1 PPA. 1 SHG. 1 GWG.

          Chicago Mission '94s -- Midget Minor
          Hartman, Ryan: 38 games. 25-19--44. 5 PPG. 1 SHG. 64 PIMs.
          1st in points, 1st in goals, 2nd in assists, 3rd in PIMs.

          New Hampshire Junior Monarchs -- EJHL
          Gacek, Alex: 40 games. 33-28--61. 12 PIMs. 12 PPG. 15 PPA. 2 SHG. 6 GWG.
          Second in points on his team (because he went and played with the USA U-17 team). 1st in goals. 1st in powerplay goals. 1st in powerplay points. 1st in game winning goals.
          Finished 2nd in the league in goals, 7th in points. Tops for a '93.

          Shattuck St Mary's
          Mullin, Jimmy: 51 games. 28-35--63. 24 PIMs.
          Leads team in goals, assists, points.
          here in turn lies the only problem with the USNTDP being apart of the USHL, now guys who have been drafted by another USHL team can't go to the USNTDP. Atleast I would think that would be the case, I could be wrong but would have to think that is the case. Reason I say this is I know Gacek was or is on the USNTDP's radar and would be a good fit there.
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

          Comment


          • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

            Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
            here in turn lies the only problem with the USNTDP being apart of the USHL, now guys who have been drafted by another USHL team can't go to the USNTDP. Atleast I would think that would be the case, I could be wrong but would have to think that is the case. Reason I say this is I know Gacek was or is on the USNTDP's radar and would be a good fit there.
            Definitely was my thought as well. They've picked up some kids a year late for their program before, and Gacek was the leading scorer with the USNTDP team in the Vlad tourney. I bet they wish they could get him in there in the fall... At least he was drafted by Blash and the Ice though.

            Comment


            • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

              Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
              Definitely was my thought as well. They've picked up some kids a year late for their program before, and Gacek was the leading scorer with the USNTDP team in the Vlad tourney. I bet they wish they could get him in there in the fall... At least he was drafted by Blash and the Ice though.
              Yea he is only 16 correct? Just not sure how those rules work for the USNTDP in regards to the USHL. But he will be in good hands with blash as we all know. I guess he could still go there, I know they have had interest in him and he has performed well on the international stage.
              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

              Comment


              • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

                Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                Yea he is only 16 correct? Just not sure how those rules work for the USNTDP in regards to the USHL. But he will be in good hands with blash as we all know. I guess he could still go there, I know they have had interest in him and he has performed well on the international stage.
                Yea he's a 93 so still could have another year.

                I checked out that kid from the Ohio Midget Major team and he's having a pretty good year up there, wonder where he'll wind up playing next season.

                Comment


                • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

                  Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                  Yea he's a 93 so still could have another year.

                  I checked out that kid from the Ohio Midget Major team and he's having a pretty good year up there, wonder where he'll wind up playing next season.
                  Not sure, but it will be interesting to see what happens with him. He is pretty far along in the game as far as recruiting so there must be a lot of indecisions going on for him to not be committed.
                  Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

                  Comment


                  • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

                    Eh, no hockey this weekend, the pitfalls of being a fan of a team with a bye. So how about some Saved By The Bell trivia?

                    Who won the dance off at the Max?
                    1) Screech and Lisa
                    2) Kelly and Slater
                    3) Zack and Jessie

                    What song was being sung when Kelly broke up with Zack for Jeff?
                    1)I will always love you
                    2)How am I supposed to live without you
                    3)Breaking up is hard to do
                    4)Take my breath away

                    Comment


                    • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

                      Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                      scout , not sure if you have the sports package but there are some good games on this weekend.
                      I'll be scouting at the OSU Ice Rink for at least one game.
                      http://blogofbrotherhood.com

                      Comment


                      • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

                        Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                        Eh, no hockey this weekend, the pitfalls of being a fan of a team with a bye. So how about some Saved By The Bell trivia?

                        Who won the dance off at the Max?
                        1) Screech and Lisa
                        2) Kelly and Slater
                        3) Zack and Jessie

                        What song was being sung when Kelly broke up with Zack for Jeff?
                        1)I will always love you
                        2)How am I supposed to live without you
                        3)Breaking up is hard to do
                        4)Take my breath away
                        Screech and Lisa (didn't she have a wrap on her sprained ankle and Casey Kasem named the dance, "The Sprain?") - I should get extra credit for that because I don't know the second one though I recall the scene.

                        ...anyone...Bueller?
                        http://blogofbrotherhood.com

                        Comment


                        • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

                          Ha yup. Screech and Lisa won the contest.

                          I tried to find a clip of it, but can't...

                          But apparently Rachel Nichols from ESPN remembers it.

                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e4XD16wvaA

                          Comment


                          • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

                            Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                            Screech and Lisa (didn't she have a wrap on her sprained ankle and Casey Kasem named the dance, "The Sprain?") - I should get extra credit for that because I don't know the second one though I recall the scene.

                            ...anyone...Bueller?
                            Yes the sprain!!! haha that was classic, Max had the loud meter with the wings on his head!

                            I dont remember the name of the song....but jeff was wearing a blue sweater...lol yes that is sad...
                            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

                            Comment


                            • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

                              I actually got "lucky" with the song and got it right, apparently it was How am I supposed to live without you. The only thing I remember was them sitting outside of the school dance when she broke the news.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

                                Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                                I actually got "lucky" with the song and got it right, apparently it was How am I supposed to live without you. The only thing I remember was them sitting outside of the school dance when she broke the news.
                                good catch though.
                                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X