Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

Originally posted by ScoobyFanClub View Post
    People may say there's no such thing as a good loss. And that's true, to a point. But it's also true that teams that win national championships tend to have had some bumps in the road ... they come back stronger and tougher. Keeps them humble and fighting.
    exact point I made on the last page. Don't think BU stumbled down the stretch but they played in A LOT of close games. I think the main reason Miami made the NC game was because of their slip up against NMU in the CCHA playoffs.

Agree 100%.
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
      Never be ashamed to bring her up...speaking of which: have you seen "White Collar" on USA Network? pretty darned funny.
      I just wanted to quote so we kept her picture on the front page lol

But I think she has gotten hotter with age!!!

didn't she go from saved by the bell to 90210?
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Just checked out our recent history with OSU. Miami is riding a nice 10-1-2 streak against the bucks. During that streak we are 5-0-2 in Columbus.

Our seniors.... errr.... Jarod Palmer is 11-2-3 against the Buckeyes.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
          Just checked out our recent history with OSU. Miami is riding a nice 10-1-2 streak against the bucks. During that streak we are 5-0-2 in Columbus.

yea Markell's tenure is running thin in columbus. I expect to see a lot of emotion out of this team this weekend. They really don't like losing lol.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
            They really don't like losing lol.
            Anyone else at the game on Saturday like Wideman during the highlight video, the only one on the team not turning around to watch it. Think he was a little ****ed?

Comment

Miami 23-5-6 against Ohio State 12-15-5

Miami averages 3.5 goals a game while giving up 1.76. Ohio State scores 2.78 a game while giving up 3.16. Both powerplays are pretty similar, Miami averaging 18.7% and Ohio State 17.4%. The Penalty Kills are vastly different though, Miami with the 4th best PK in the country at 87.3%... Ohio State with the 2nd worst PK in the nation at 74.6%. Both teams spend a lot of time in the box, so expect special teams to be a huge part this weekend.

Offense: Miami has 4 players with 30+ points, 6 players over 20. Ohio State is led by far by Dalpe, the only player over 30 points, with 4 players over 20. Miami has 5 skaters with 10+ goals, Buckeyes have 2.
              Miami
              Palmer 15-23-38
              Miele 12-24-36
              Wingels 15-20-35
              Camper 13-21-34
              Cannone 10-13-23
              McKenzie 5-18-23

Ohio State
              Z. Dalpe 19-17-36
              P. Boyd 6-22-28
              J. Albert 5-20-25
              S. Somma 11-13-24
              H. Bishop 9-10-19

Goalies: Both teams have been rotating much of the season. Do we see either of them stick with their workhorse starting this weekend? Also funny to see that the better statistical Buckeye goalie has a far worse record.
              Miami
              Reichard 16-2-3 1.45 .937 Sv% 5 shutouts
              Knapp 7-3-3 2.18 .912 Sv% 3 shutouts

Ohio State
              D. Carlson 3-9-3 2.78 .911 Sv% 0 shutouts
              C. Heeter 9-6-2 3.18 .897 Sv% 1 shutout

Jarod Palmer is 11-2-3 against the Buckeyes.

Comment

We should start a SBTB thread on here! And, don't forget Saved by the Bell: The College Years!
                Last edited by redhawk95; 02-24-2010, 08:22 AM.
                http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Three RedHawks in TSN's NCAA top 30 player rankings including Cody with a 99.00 ranking.

http://tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=14848
                  http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

. Both teams spend a lot of time in the box, so expect special teams to be a huge part this weekend.[/B]
                    Understatement of the year...

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                      We should start a SBTB thread on here! And, don't forget Saved by the Bell: The College Years!
                      or saved by the bell the movie!

Comment

Saved by the Bell: The College Years!
                        Was that as horrible of a failure as when the kids on Boy Meets World went to college?

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                          Was that as horrible of a failure as when the kids on Boy Meets World went to college?
                          ummm not really it was still good just not as good. Jessie and lisa didn't go to the same college so that sucked and the two new chicks they added werent the same. But Dean McMan sp? was awsome, she is the same woman who plays charlie and alan's mother on two and a half men. But as long as you have zach and kelly the show was awsome, and they also added bob golic (former Notre Dame and NFL football player) as the hall monitor for the dorm which was classic.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                            ummm not really it was still good just not as good. Jessie and lisa didn't go to the same college so that sucked and the two new chicks they added werent the same. But Dean McMan sp? was awsome, she is the same woman who plays charlie and alan's mother on two and a half men. But as long as you have zach and kelly the show was awsome, and they also added bob golic (former Notre Dame and NFL football player) as the hall monitor for the dorm which was classic.
                            Golic was definitely a win.

However, Zack Attack never had another gig. They could have been a big hit at California U.

Comment

Three RedHawks in TSN's NCAA top 30 player rankings including Cody with a 99.00 ranking.

http://tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=14848
                              returning back to actual "hawkey talk":

Does anyone else find it incredible that little, ole Miami has 3 players in the Top 30 (including #1...i'll add my own ). All of which are undrafted. It is quite interesting that Miami is able to develop such hidden talent into such high valued talents. Granted, this doesn't mean they'll show up in the NHL. But at least at this level, Miami coaching is showing its mettle once again.
                              Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                                returning back to actual "hawkey talk":

Does anyone else find it incredible that little, ole Miami has 3 players in the Top 30 (including #1...i'll add my own ). All of which are undrafted. It is quite interesting that Miami is able to develop such hidden talent into such high valued talents. Granted, this doesn't mean they'll show up in the NHL. But at least at this level, Miami coaching is showing its mettle once again.
                                Greener did a pretty job coming out of Oxford as an undrafted free agent, think you'll definitely see some more skaters doing the same. Palmer should definitely get some looks once the season is over.

Comment

Working...
                                X