• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IrishHockeyFan
    replied
    Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
    Ha thanks for the info RHM. Good to see they're keeping Blasi's favorite official with us.

Seriously though probably wind up with all HEA, AH, or ECAC squads this weekend
    Whoever it is it won't be refs who work your league games, as the NCAA mandates that. Hard to believe there are enough quality officials to limit it to just guys from the other 4 leagues... yeah I know how that sounds. So the NCAA will send crews from all but CHA or CCHA in case the final is teams from both.

Leave a comment:

• mcfarljd
    replied

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
    Don't be afraid to tell us how you really feel about Metallica

And graci
    I'm not one of the people that feel they "sold out" with their first music video "One", but instead that they did when they wanted pop radio airplay by hiring Bob Rock and cutting their hair. Cliff Burton wouldn't have let it go this way, neither would Dave Mustaine.

Leave a comment:

• mcfarljd
    replied

This is the best I could do to figure out the warmup songs, given how the audio in the bowl is usually hard to understand.

1. Nelly - Here comes the boom
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us5IPJ-aZvI
    2. Shiny Toy Guns - Ghost town
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw722dGGvy4
    3. ?
    4. Maino ft T Pain - All of the above
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnm3YbuPWfo
    5. American Hi Fi - Flavor of the Week
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAmINmjpQxw
    6. Fallout Boy - I don't care
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alh6iIvVN9o
    7. ? Weird 80s cover with some trumpets or something
    8. Karl Wolf - Africa
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LCQTmhKi4s
    9. ?
    10. Black Eyed Peas - I got a feeling
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSD4vsh1zDA

Leave a comment:

• MUhawks628
    replied

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
    Metalli-suck. Human
    Don't be afraid to tell us how you really feel about Metallica

And graci

Leave a comment:

• mcfarljd
    replied

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
    Random, but does anyone know the name of the song they play right before the puck drop at the Goggin?
    Metalli-suck. Human

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f71lMnRbSaM&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f71lMnRbSaM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Leave a comment:

• mcfarljd
    replied

Ha thanks for the info RHM. Good to see they're keeping Blasi's favorite official with us.

Seriously though probably wind up with all HEA, AH, or ECAC squads this weekend

Leave a comment:

• mcfarljd
    replied

Its a random Bob Rock Metalli-suck song. I'll look it up in a couple minutest

Leave a comment:

• MUhawks628
    replied

Random, but does anyone know the name of the song they play right before the puck drop at the Goggin?

Leave a comment:

• redhawkman10
    replied

Hey JD- I just spoke with Piotrowski and he said they NCAA assured him that SHOULD Miami and Michigan play in the regional final they will have Shegos in the middle for that one!

Leave a comment:

• redhawkman10
    replied

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
    It was attendance issues, plain and simple. I think they looked at what could be done with all the 3 seeds and went ahead and did it. Michigan HAD to be a three seed somewhere. They were #12 in the pairwise and along with the overall 9, 10 and 11 seeds that means they had to be seeded 3rd somewhere. To remind you the rules state they can move a team within seeding bands but not to another seed, so a 12 can move to where the 9, 10 or 11 would be otherwise, but not to the 4 seed (overall 13-16) or 2 seed (overall 5-8 seed) band.

The odd thing to me is that for the last few seasons they didn't appear to be taking attendance issues into account when I think they could have made similar moves. It was posted elsewhere that the other regionals are doing OK with their ticket sales and I have no reason to doubt it nor can I verify it, but I know for a fact (and I understand MU fans don't necessarily want to hear it) that Fort Wayne sales were slow, and that is as much the fault of my team as anything. They pimped the ticketmaster site at every home game repeatedly during stoppages this season and I doubt they got a lot of action as poorly as Notre Dame looked, especially in the second half when folks really would have been thinking about our prospects. I know Detroit is perceived as a hole by a lot of people, but the only thing the NCAA can look at is raw numbers, and the fact is Miami people did not turn out too well this weekend, and on Saturday Michigan fans did. Michigan fans also turned out well when we played a "home" game there against them in 2005. To the tune of probably 5000 of the 8000 or so there. In retrospect I shouldn't have been surprised. This is the NC$$ after all.
    It was all attendance. From what I heard there has only been 1,000 tickets sold for Ft. wayne. Now I can tell you this about Miami, I have had tickets reserved through them as well as many others have for some time now. Now I haven't paid for those tickets so they aren't considered "sold" but thats because we didn't know for sure where they were going. I am sure there are A LOT of Miamians who did the same thing to ensure tickets through Miami in the Miami section and going wherever they went. So therefore ticket sales were very low but you will see a lot of Miami people there. And now you will see it sold out most likely.

We can't complain about Michigan in our bracket, we don't even have to play them. RFP said it best, they have to get through Bemidji first and we have to get through UAH first for that even to be a possibility. All we can do is show up, root the boys on take it one game at a time and hope it turns out in the end.

Leave a comment:

• redhawkman10
    replied

Originally posted by RedHawksFan10 View Post
    Maybe I just don't understand, but can someone explain to me how Michigan a. got into our regional, but maybe more importantly how they got the #3 seed? And over Alaska fairbanks.
    Go read up on the PWR, that can explain a lot. Teams are locked into a system that ranks every 1-25. Committee doesn't do much. They were ranked #12 which is a 3 seed and got moved to ft. wayne because of attendance and the fact they can drive there. NCAA wanted to avoid as many flights as possible without screwing with integrity. Well they avoided flights, integrity issue? Maybe but out of our hands.

Leave a comment:

• IrishHockeyFan
    replied

Originally posted by RedHawksFan10 View Post
    Maybe I just don't understand, but can someone explain to me how Michigan a. got into our regional, but maybe more importantly how they got the #3 seed? And over Alaska fairbanks.
    It was attendance issues, plain and simple. I think they looked at what could be done with all the 3 seeds and went ahead and did it. Michigan HAD to be a three seed somewhere. They were #12 in the pairwise and along with the overall 9, 10 and 11 seeds that means they had to be seeded 3rd somewhere. To remind you the rules state they can move a team within seeding bands but not to another seed, so a 12 can move to where the 9, 10 or 11 would be otherwise, but not to the 4 seed (overall 13-16) or 2 seed (overall 5-8 seed) band.

The odd thing to me is that for the last few seasons they didn't appear to be taking attendance issues into account when I think they could have made similar moves. It was posted elsewhere that the other regionals are doing OK with their ticket sales and I have no reason to doubt it nor can I verify it, but I know for a fact (and I understand MU fans don't necessarily want to hear it) that Fort Wayne sales were slow, and that is as much the fault of my team as anything. They pimped the ticketmaster site at every home game repeatedly during stoppages this season and I doubt they got a lot of action as poorly as Notre Dame looked, especially in the second half when folks really would have been thinking about our prospects. I know Detroit is perceived as a hole by a lot of people, but the only thing the NCAA can look at is raw numbers, and the fact is Miami people did not turn out too well this weekend, and on Saturday Michigan fans did. Michigan fans also turned out well when we played a "home" game there against them in 2005. To the tune of probably 5000 of the 8000 or so there. In retrospect I shouldn't have been surprised. This is the NC$$ after all.

Leave a comment:

• RicoForPresident
    replied

Count me in: the committee dropped the ball in regards with Michigan/Yale. You just don't do that to your number 1 overall seed. The NC$$ strikes again. But with that said, I'm sure the guys want another go at Michigan, and there's no way they turn in another performance similar to Friday's.

At the same time, don't dismiss Bemidji. We know what they're capable of.

Leave a comment:

• RedHawksFan10
    replied

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    Amen, Yale got the shaft too. They deserve better than playing the hottest team in the country. And for that matter Bemidji got hosed having to face Michigan in a relative home game when they should be playing Yale.

Regadless, I bet the boys want another crack at Michigan should they both win. First things first, Got to beat UAH which won't be an easy task.

Leave a comment:

• redhawkman10
    replied

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
    You guys got hosed. You don't need to post it, sounds like sour grapes. I'll take the heat. Hosed plain and simple. They jumped a team 3 seeds for no reason in hopes their precious Ford Field fiasco doesn't have 50,000 empty seats. All I can say is I'm going to be a little po'd if either BSU or MU doesn't win in Fort Wayne. (or even UAH).
    Amen, Yale got the shaft too. They deserve better than playing the hottest team in the country. And for that matter Bemidji got hosed having to face Michigan in a relative home game when they should be playing Yale.

Regadless, I bet the boys want another crack at Michigan should they both win. First things first, Got to beat UAH which won't be an easy task.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X