• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

I believe this evening's result can be attributed to 2 things:

1) The bright pink laces.

2) The wrath of the woofing gods.

That is all I have to say...
    Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Thumbs up on Tommy having Palmer take the cup from Anastos.

1) Never again with the pink laces

2) Deservedly or not I think Sergott has achieved Shegos level popularity in the student section.

Hopefully we come out with the same fire we've had against OSU next weekend, Go Hawks!

Edit: Rhbm beat me to the pink laces, ribbon sticker on the helmets next time please.

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post

lol touche, I will keep my mouth shut on this one...
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Michigan came back and is leading late 5-4. Denver blowing out Tech, Wisconsin up big on St. Cloud and North Dakota up 3-1 mid way through the third...Just like I suspected they will most likely be a #2 seed so nothing to worry about having to play them in the first round....
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
            Thumbs up on Tommy having Palmer take the cup from Anastos.

1) Never again with the pink laces

2) Deservedly or not I think Sergott has achieved Shegos level popularity in the student section.

Hopefully we come out with the same fire we've had against OSU next weekend, Go Hawks!

Edit: Rhbm beat me to the pink laces, ribbon sticker on the helmets next time please.
            Well Wilkins more than made up for it then lol, that was a gift of a 5 min power play lol. Didn't do anything with it, but that was barely a minor at best, But hey well take it lol. But yea Sergi struggles a little bit out there.

Comment

Eh could go on about the game, let's just put it this way. Sucks to be #2 now, but that can still easily be flipped back. Denver/Tech should be 5-4 right now but the refs blew it.

No more pink laces.

I agree that this is a good loss. Get the boys to focus again and play smart fundamental puck instead of trying to do anything too fancy or cute. We do need a sweep next weekend though of OSU if we want to get that #1 spot back.

UNO converted their chances, we had some bad turnovers (Mantha on the 1st goal...), we couldn't convert and kept hittin the post. Oh well. 5 losses in 34 games isn't too shabby.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                Eh could go on about the game, let's just put it this way. Sucks to be #2 now, but that can still easily be flipped back. Denver/Tech should be 5-4 right now but the refs blew it.

No more pink laces.

I agree that this is a good loss. Get the boys to focus again and play smart fundamental puck instead of trying to do anything too fancy or cute. We do need a sweep next weekend though of OSU if we want to get that #1 spot back.

UNO converted their chances, we had some bad turnovers (Mantha on the 1st goal...), we couldn't convert and kept hittin the post. Oh well. 5 losses in 34 games isn't too shabby.
                And I picked up 2 points on you in CCCP

Comment

Boys take a look at the pairwise rankings. For being such a poor league like some have said we currently have 4 teams in the tourny after tonights play. Alaska has played there way into the tourny and moved up to #11, MSU is at #10, and Ferris is at #13. UNO for not being very good has moved up to #19 and knocking on the door of an at large bid. UNO has a chance against Bemidji to make a big move next weekend and wouldn't surprise me with as well as they are playing right now. Things will definantly get interesting as the 4 seed in conference is a cluster * right now.

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post

Amen! And, pray to the hockey and woofing gods that their wrath has been satisfied! And, that those who transgress against them have repented for their over-exuberant sins!

Say Hallelujah and beat Ohio State!
                    http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Miami lost all phases last night, pp, pk, even strength, goaltending, and were outworked. The last two games I have seen, BG Friday and last night, MU sure has had a lot of breakdowns. A bit worrisome. Friday should be interesting. I have not looked, but if UNO plays BSU next week, that might also be big for MU's COP with BSU. Don't want to lose that comparison. (I am trying to set the acronym record. )

Comment

The only reason the CCHA has not been considered one of the top leagues this year is because the all glorious teams from Michigan and Notre Dame didn't live up to their pre-seaon potential. (lol) Therfore, how could it possibly be a good league. JMO. The CCHA has had no less than 3 teams in the tourney the last 6 or 7 years running. All of a sudden they are looked upon as weak? I don't get it.
                        Last edited by porch-n-suds; 02-21-2010, 12:18 PM.
                        You just gotta love the "Brotherhood"
                        GO HAWKS!

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                          Miami lost all phases last night, pp, pk, even strength, goaltending, and were outworked. The last two games I have seen, BG Friday and last night, MU sure has had a lot of breakdowns. A bit worrisome. Friday should be interesting. I have not looked, but if UNO plays BSU next week, that might also be big for MU's COP with BSU. Don't want to lose that comparison. (I am trying to set the acronym record. )
                          Just had to a throw a TUC or two in there and you would have had it for sure

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                            We need Bemidji to beat UNO so that UNO isn't a TUC anymore. If we get the Mavs under 25, then we will tie that part of the comparison with Denver again. If we go 2-0 this weekend against OSU then we'll keep the CoP comparison also. If we get a win and a tie then we will be tied in the CoP and not sure what they do then.

Bemidji's CoP win % can only get to .69 after this weekend (pending if they face RMU in their conference playoffs), which if they faced them and beat them it would be... .71. That is the max their number can be at the end of the season.
                            Our number is currently .75, so long as get a win and a tie this weekend against OSU then we'll seal that one (pending no future losses in the tourney to NMU/UNO/OSU).

In short. Go Miami sweep. Go Bemidji sweep. Go whomever Denver is playing... @ Mankato. Ehhh, at least they are decent at home.

Oh, and this is the week I think we go only Reich personally, this is a playoff atmosphere against OSU and these wins are important.

Comment

Originally posted by porch-n-suds View Post
                              The only reason the CCHA has not been considered one of the top leagues this year is because the all glorious teams from Michigan and Notre Dame didn't live up to their pre-seaon potential. (lol) Therfore, how could it possibly be a good league. JMO. The CCHA has had no less than 3 teams in the tourney the last 6 or 7 years running. All of a sudden they are looked upon as weak? I don't get it.
                              When you look deep into it the conference isn't weak. The traditional names aren't there and the teams that are haven't had long term success so people are having a hard time trying to figure them out. Alaska is for real and its good to see them getting paid off for what they have done. UNO is solid as we saw and NMU is one of the hottest teams in the country right now. It will all work itself out, I think the CCHA will get a min of 3 if not 4 teams in the tourny with the number of teams knocking on the door right now.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                                We need Bemidji to beat UNO so that UNO isn't a TUC anymore. If we get the Mavs under 25, then we will tie that part of the comparison with Denver again. If we go 2-0 this weekend against OSU then we'll keep the CoP comparison also. If we get a win and a tie then we will be tied in the CoP and not sure what they do then.

Bemidji's CoP win % can only get to .69 after this weekend (pending if they face RMU in their conference playoffs), which if they faced them and beat them it would be... .71. That is the max their number can be at the end of the season.
                                Our number is currently .75, so long as get a win and a tie this weekend against OSU then we'll seal that one (pending no future losses in the tourney to NMU/UNO/OSU).

In short. Go Miami sweep. Go Bemidji sweep. Go whomever Denver is playing... @ Mankato. Ehhh, at least they are decent at home.

Oh, and this is the week I think we go only Reich personally, this is a playoff atmosphere against OSU and these wins are important.
                                I think if Michigan drops out that poses more of a problem than if UNO does. If the split does it really affect us that much? I don't see Denver losing next weekend at all and I believe if we win out we would eventually get the #1 seed back. Especially if we sweep OSU we can COP points over DU. PWR is always tricky and tough to figure out, I haven't looked at the comparisons in depth enough but just like the fact that the CCHA is getting the respect and some of these non traditional teams are moving up because they deserve it. 4 in right now with 2 knocking on the door is always nice to see for the confrence.

JD- reading your post kind of gave me a headache with all of these scenarios lol

Comment

Working...
                                X