Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale... Part Deux

Originally posted by fangers View Post
    FYI - For UAH fans traveling I-65 North for the regional - there was a very bad (mulitple fatalities) accident about 75 miles south of Louisville (near Munfordville) and Kentucky state transportation officials expect the highway to be closed most of the daytime hours on Friday. South bound semi crossed median and hit a northbound van, both vehicles caught fire, big mess. So, depending on when you're leaving you could encounter delays, would assume they would be gone by Saturday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36051164/ns/us_news-life/
    Alternate route:
    I-65 North to Exit 58, turn right at the off-ramp and follow KY-335 OR Ky-218 to US-31W North.
    Rejoin I-65 North at Exit 65

http://511.ky.gov/
    UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
    2006 Time Person of the Year
    Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
    It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Hey guys, I got a small problem. I was originally planning on going to Fort Wayne tomorrow with some friends of mine that are Michigan friends. But they already have the car and hotel room full right now with five, and it just doesn't look like there would be room there for me and my air mattress on the floor there. Anyways, the drive isn't that bad for me, its just that I just kinda want somebody else to crash with for the hotel room, as that paying for one myself would be a big crimper on my budget. I'm willing to chip in on a room with either Beaver or Charger fans, and if you want, since I'll be in my car by myself anyways, I can bring my table with me and throw in a free back massage as well, as I've been studying to become a Massage Therapist since September. Anyways, if anybody can help me out here, just let me know ASAP. Thanks!!!
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
        Hey guys, I got a small problem. I was originally planning on going to Fort Wayne tomorrow with some friends of mine that are Michigan friends. But they already have the car and hotel room full right now with five, and it just doesn't look like there would be room there for me and my air mattress on the floor there. Anyways, the drive isn't that bad for me, its just that I just kinda want somebody else to crash with for the hotel room, as that paying for one myself would be a big crimper on my budget. I'm willing to chip in on a room with either Beaver or Charger fans, and if you want, since I'll be in my car by myself anyways, I can bring my table with me and throw in a free back massage as well, as I've been studying to become a Massage Therapist since September. Anyways, if anybody can help me out here, just let me know ASAP. Thanks!!!
        Throw in a "happy ending" and I am sure the Charger fans will be fighting one another to share a room with you.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gmann View Post
          Throw in a "happy ending" and I am sure the Charger fans will be fighting one another to share a room with you.
          Your mother hasn't come in to teach use how to do that gmann.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Problem solved! And thankfully, it doesn't involve having to suggle up with GFM.

It just happens.

Comment

Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                Not that I didn't think about you Geoff, but this option, just a lot easier on the eyes, even with your "Rugged Good Looks" and all.

It just happens.

Comment

I hog the bed anyway.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

UAH 1 - Miami 2
                    BSU 1 - Michigan 5

R.i.P. CHA

Comment

So this is how the expansion of college hockey dies. With thunderous applause.
                      UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                      2006 Time Person of the Year
                      Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                      It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

RMU and NU: If the officiating we saw in Fort Wayne is any indication of the quality of Atlantic Hockey, you might want to take life insurance out for the coaches now. Hay-soos.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          RMU and NU: If the officiating we saw in Fort Wayne is any indication of the quality of Atlantic Hockey, you might want to take life insurance out for the coaches now. Hay-soos.

GFM
                          Let me second, third, and forth that motion. It was the worst officiating I've seen since the days of Wilson at the VBC, and Huntsville people will know what I mean... 5hole - I don't envy you guys one bit if this is the quality of refs you're getting.
                          Last edited by Douglas; 03-28-2010, 12:35 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling before the English Police $fine$ me...
                          Doug
                          UAH 1974
                          Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                          Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                          Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                          Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                          Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
                            So this is how the expansion of college hockey dies. With thunderous applause.
                            I'm caught between smiling because of your Star Wars reference there or sadness because the CHA is done forever.
                            "Great moments are born from great opportunities." -- Herb Brooks

Ohio State Women's Club Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                              Let me second, third, and forth that motion. It was the worst officiating I've seen since the days of Wilson at the VBC, and Huntsville people will know what I mean... 5hole - I don't envy you guys one bit if this is the quality of refs you're getting.
                              Well, boys, thanks a ton. I can't wait ... sigh. I will pass your comments on to Burkie and the staff. That will make their summer.
                              GO PURPS!
                              Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

A review of the CHA and its quirky history from a Niagara perspective by Tim Schmitt of the NF Gazette ... dateline March 27:

CHA goes into deep freeze
                                By Tim Schmitt Niagara Gazette

NIAGARA FALLS — Just as awkward and scattered as the timeline of College Hockey America’s existence are the purported reasons for its demise. Title IX. Tumbling stocks for a Detroit-based software company. Failure for the college hockey world to lend a helping hand. Basic geography.

Whatever the final verdict, if the end goal of College Hockey America was to find an established home for fledgling programs, consider the majority of the mission accomplished.

http://niagara-gazette.com/sports/x5...to-deep-freeze

BTW, the word I got even before those last games were played by CHA teams this past weekend, is that while CHA checkbook remains open just to pay some final bills, "the doors are closed." Movin' on.
                                Last edited by 5hole; 03-29-2010, 11:10 AM.
                                GO PURPS!
                                Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

Working...
                                X