CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale... Part Deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale... Part Deux

On the whole high stick thing, and I will admit, I have not went back and watched the replay as much as some. BUT, the ruling on the ice was no-goal. In order to be overturned, the evidence has to be conclusive. From what I remember, I didn't see an angle that makes it conclusive. Sorry Purp fans.

Here is one for you, it happened in the WCHA Final Five last night. UMD and UND are tied at 0, UMD scores, but the goal is waved off by being directed with a UMD high stick. BUT, the puck hit the goalie and the skate of an UND defender before going into the net. The only reasoning I heard was that UND never gained possession to negate the high stick, so the goal did not count.

UND went on to win 2-0.
    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Got this from Beaver Pride, if Beaver Fans are interested:

On Sunday March 21st, the BSU Men's Hockey team will learn their 2010 Regional assignment. You are invited to join us at the Hungry Bear Banquet & Conference Center to celebrate and enjoy a Sunday Brunch with the team and coaches. The doors will open at 9:30 a.m. and the program, being aired live on ESPN2, will begin at 10:30 a.m.

Sunday's Menu, prepared by the Hungry Bear:

Pot Roast, Smoked Ham, Egg Bake & 3 Entrees to be named

Breakfast Potatoes & Seasonal Veggies

Sausage Links & Bacon

Pasta Salads, Green Salads & Assorted Cheeses

Desert & Sundae Stations

Beverage

Cost for the Brunch is $15 for Adults, Children (3-10) are $8, Infants/Toddlers 2 &under are free.

The Hungry Bear Banquet & Conference Center is located at 2300 24th St. (behind the Home Depot
      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
        Got this from Beaver Pride, if Beaver Fans are interested:

On Sunday March 21st, the BSU Men's Hockey team will learn their 2010 Regional assignment. You are invited to join us at the Hungry Bear Banquet & Conference Center to celebrate and enjoy a Sunday Brunch with the team and coaches. The doors will open at 9:30 a.m. and the program, being aired live on ESPN2, will begin at 10:30 a.m.

Sunday's Menu, prepared by the Hungry Bear:

Pot Roast, Smoked Ham, Egg Bake & 3 Entrees to be named

Breakfast Potatoes & Seasonal Veggies

Sausage Links & Bacon

Pasta Salads, Green Salads & Assorted Cheeses

Desert & Sundae Stations

Beverage

Cost for the Brunch is $15 for Adults, Children (3-10) are $8, Infants/Toddlers 2 &under are free.

The Hungry Bear Banquet & Conference Center is located at 2300 24th St. (behind the Home Depot
        Can I do like I did that one time I went to a Beaver Pride meeting and pretend I like Bemidji for the food?
        UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
        2006 Time Person of the Year
        Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
        It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
          Can I do like I did that one time I went to a Beaver Pride meeting and pretend I like Bemidji for the food?
          Do it again and we're revoking your Charger credentials...

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

You can crash any party and pretend anything you want for free food! In addition to getting free eats, you're "pulling one over on them" and costing them $. Those two aspects make it doubly OK, especially if you tell them afterwards.

Comment

Same thing is going on for UAH fans. The Selection Show will be held at Steve McQueens (formerly Indigo Joes) on Hwy 72 in Madison (a little west of the Slaughter Rd/Jeff Rd intersection). It's on the south side of the road. Steve McQueens will open at 10 am with the Selection Show starting at 10:30 am. Limited team celebration posters (the shot I took on the ice in Niagara) will be available for getting autographs etc. The standard fare is available as I understand it. Come on out Charger fans!!! Let's be with the team when we find out where we go next week. I'm already polishing up the cameras...

Geof - I'll take those two frustrations to my grave...
              Doug
              UAH 1974
              Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
              Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
              Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
              Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
              Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                Same thing is going on for UAH fans. The Selection Show will be held at Steve McQueens (formerly Indigo Joes) on Hwy 72 in Madison (a little west of the Slaughter Rd/Jeff Rd intersection). It's on the south side of the road. Steve McQueens will open at 10 am with the Selection Show starting at 10:30 am. Limited team celebration posters (the shot I took on the ice in Niagara) will be available for getting autographs etc. The standard fare is available as I understand it. Come on out Charger fans!!! Let's be with the team when we find out where we go next week. I'm already polishing up the cameras...
                I also printed up a 20x30" standout of the shot, Douglas. I'm getting it today and can't wait to see how it turned out. Plan on having the boys all sign it. If it looks as good as I expect that it will, I will get another one and put it in the hockey banquet auction.

[Now you know why I asked for the high-res shots.]

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Oh, and while Douglas is polishing up the cameras, I'm warming up the pipes. Gonna be doing the radio thing, methinks...

I know we won't know for sure until Sunday, but I keep seeing most people's predictions for the brackets ending up with BSU and UAH in the same regional. How awesome would that be, to play each other for a Frozen Four shot? The BSU-UAH woofing would never end about that one.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    How awesome would that be, to play each other for a Frozen Four shot?
                    Not nearly as awesome as playing them for a maple and gold trophy. Just sayin.

Mike Anderson

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Not nearly as awesome as playing them for a maple and gold trophy. Just sayin.
                      That's quite true. That would be a dream come true.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris
                        I also printed up a 20x30" standout of the shot, Douglas.
                        Geof - What, you didn't print me one???
                        Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                        Oh, and while Douglas is polishing up the cameras, I'm warming up the pipes. Gonna be doing the radio thing, methinks...

I know we won't know for sure until Sunday, but I keep seeing most people's predictions for the brackets ending up with BSU and UAH in the same regional. How awesome would that be, to play each other for a Frozen Four shot? The BSU-UAH woofing would never end about that one.

GFM
                        I'd rather meet the Beavs IN the FF therefore would rather not play them in a Regional. Wouldn't two CHA teams in the FF turn college hockey on it's ear!

Hey, I know it's not likely but one can always dream, besides, we weren't supposed to be here either, but we are...
                        Doug
                        UAH 1974
                        Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                        Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                        Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                        Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                        Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                          Geof - What, you didn't print me one???
                          They cost $120!

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Wow, gfmorris, sounds like you have a personal vendetta against Mackinder. Guess it's hard to see anything other than what you want behind those horse-blue glasses, huh?

Be happy "we" won and good luck against Miami and Denver. "You" will be lucky to score one on either one of those goalies.
                            "Who do you play for?"
                            "USA!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbagged View Post
                              Wow, gfmorris, sounds like you have a personal vendetta against Mackinder. Guess it's hard to see anything other than what you want behind those horse-blue glasses, huh?

Be happy "we" won and good luck against Miami and Denver. "You" will be lucky to score one on either one of those goalies.
                              lol wut?

Mike Anderson

Comment

English, MikeAnderson. I do not speak the "lol wut" language.
                                "Who do you play for?"
                                "USA!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X