• Show
Clear All

• Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale... Part Deux

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    Here is a nice bracket for CHA Fans:

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.co...y-3142010.html

Denver vs. UAH
    Bemidji State vs. Cornell

Both games in ST. PAUL! I would be so there!!!!!
    I am also 96.25% sure I would be there.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
      Here is a nice bracket for CHA Fans:

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.co...y-3142010.html

Denver vs. UAH
      Bemidji State vs. Cornell

Both games in ST. PAUL! I would be so there!!!!!
      I'll setup a drink fest at Jimmy's Food and Drink in Vadnais Heights(there's also a hotel attached). Every night of the week from 3:30-6:30 and 8:30-11:30 it's two-for-ones on EVERYTHING!

Comment

Relating to a post on this that was sent to me, I confused the Coburn in HVL with the Coburn at Union....that Coburn is the brother of Braydon. My apologies for the error, no disrepsect intended.

Starman

Comment

Originally posted by editstaff View Post
          Relating to a post on this that was sent to me, I confused the Coburn in HVL with the Coburn at Union....that Coburn is the brother of Braydon. My apologies for the error, no disrepsect intended.
          We didn't take it as disrespect ... just confusion. We thought our Coby had been holding out on us until we looked it up. It also made Coby LAUGH ... REALLY HARD.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gmann View Post
            I am also 96.25% sure I would be there.
            Thats the same kind of Commitment that had you in Vegas when Bemidji State was in the Frozen Four??
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

New Sig... I'd like to take credit for thinking of it but Danton said it in a post-game interview at the CHA Tournament... Kinda catchy, huh?

I guess that means there WILL be a CHA thread next year...

Hey Mike - Who finally won the Monkey??? Personally, I think he should retire back to jac's trunk... from where he came.
              Doug
              UAH 1974
              Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
              Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
              Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
              Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
              Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Actually, I think Monkey should be awarded to the fan who made it to every last one of the CHA Tournaments no matter what God-forsaken place they held it. Besides, who retires to Minnesota?? ... I'm sure Monkey would prefer the sunny South!
                GO PURPS!
                Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

Originally posted by 5hole View Post
                  Actually, I think Monkey should be awarded to the fan who made it to every last one of the CHA Tournaments no matter what God-forsaken place they held it.
                  FINE IDEA.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by 5hole View Post
                    Actually, I think Monkey should be awarded to the fan who made it to every last one of the CHA Tournaments no matter what God-forsaken place they held it. Besides, who retires to Minnesota?? ... I'm sure Monkey would prefer the sunny South!
                    ROTFLMAO...

...and thank you!
                    Doug
                    UAH 1974
                    Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                    Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                    Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                    Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                    Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

******* width="400" height="300">****** name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />****** name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=10209495&server=vimeo.com&sh ow_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fu llscreen=1" />****** src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=10209495&server=vimeo.com&sh ow_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fu llscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300">

2010 CHA Championship: Brennan Barker Goal, 1-0 UAH from Geoffrey Morris on Vimeo.

******* width="400" height="300">****** name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />****** name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=10209571&server=vimeo.com&sh ow_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fu llscreen=1" />****** src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=10209571&server=vimeo.com&sh ow_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fu llscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300">

2010 CHA Championship: Cody Campbell's Goal from Geoffrey Morris on Vimeo.

******* width="400" height="300">****** name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />****** name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=10209662&server=vimeo.com&sh ow_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fu llscreen=1" />****** src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=10209662&server=vimeo.com&sh ow_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fu llscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300">

2010 CHA Championship: Keenan Desmet Game-Winning Goal from Geoffrey Morris on Vimeo.

Obviously, I went for the UAH goals first. I'll be happy to take other requests. I know I'm going to do Bruni's clock-cleaning of Weiss, plus a Talbie save reel, plus the two waved-off goals. 5Hole, do you want me to do the two Purple Eagle goals?

Since the Charger goals were all PPGs, I started with the inciting penalty all the way through to post-goal. As much as the OT penalty has been discussed, I keep watching the Zanette hit on Baxter and wondering why that one really was a penalty, but then I'm not 100% familiar with the rulebook. I guess it's because Bax's head goes into the glass?

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                        ... Hey Mike - Who finally won the Monkey??? Personally, I think he should retire back to jac's trunk... from where he came.
                        I too think you should have the honor of deciding, but I think he/she (no male appendage) should have a permanent home atop the McLeod Cup!

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                          ROTFLMAO...

...and thank you!
                          Thought you might like one more poke at Minnesooota.

And unlike you, Douglas, I had no reason to change my sig after this season.

And you are welcome.
                          GO PURPS!
                          Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            < As much as the OT penalty has been discussed, I keep watching the Zanette hit on Baxter and wondering why that one really was a penalty, but then I'm not 100% familiar with the rulebook. I guess it's because Bax's head goes into the glass?

GFM
                            Geof, thanks for posting these videos! I only heard it on-line. As for the penalties, they all seemed legitimate to me. The second one was a roughing call as Zanette went for Baxter's head, not the body. It may have seemed ticky-tack in substance, but, looking at it over and over, I agree with the referee on that one. The OT penalty was a clear slash, but not by Burichin; Chartrain was the clear offender. The refs called a proper slash, just got the wrong guy in the box. Chartrain didn't have any intention of hitting the puck, in my opinion, thus the slash was called. Borderline? Possibly in OT, but Coburn was clearly hit with a stick, and hard enough that both refs called it. I feel for Niagara, though, as the wrong guy was penalized, clearly.

One other thing, and I hate to bring up this from the far past, but I have to admit that I was not in the loop during the Kingston issue years back in the CHA final. I have seen a number of allusions to it on blogs in the past, and hope you can explain what happened. I remember well Gardner's getting away with the net push; but, I have to admit, I did not see, nor remember any specifics regarding Kingston and his "goal" for Wayne State.

Douglas, do you remember your first UAH game? The first I specifically remember was UAH's shellacking of Northwestern, something like 11-3; it may have been 1982, but I remember seeing them in 1981, probably against Tennessee.

Comment

Originally posted by wsp67326 View Post
                              Geof, thanks for posting these videos! I only heard it on-line. As for the penalties, they all seemed legitimate to me. The second one was a roughing call as Zanette went for Baxter's head, not the body. It may have seemed ticky-tack in substance, but, looking at it over and over, I agree with the referee on that one. The OT penalty was a clear slash, but not by Burichin; Chartrain was the clear offender. The refs called a proper slash, just got the wrong guy in the box. Chartrain didn't have any intention of hitting the puck, in my opinion, thus the slash was called. Borderline? Possibly in OT, but Coburn was clearly hit with a stick, and hard enough that both refs called it. I feel for Niagara, though, as the wrong guy was penalized, clearly.

One other thing, and I hate to bring up this from the far past, but I have to admit that I was not in the loop during the Kingston issue years back in the CHA final. I have seen a number of allusions to it on blogs in the past, and hope you can explain what happened. I remember well Gardner's getting away with the net push; but, I have to admit, I did not see, nor remember any specifics regarding Kingston and his "goal" for Wayne State.
                              As for Chartrain being the guy with the slash, I agree, it looks like he did more damage than Burichin did. Burichin did slash him, but if that's what they called ... man, that's really a bum rap. I figured they were calling the slash for Chartrain's action, both live and every time I've watched the replay.

As for the Durbin/Kingston affair ... http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...ppyInRealWorld has the story, really:

It’s funny, though. Dusty (Kingston) scored the goal, but I didn’t celebrate because I was pushed into their goalie and I figured the goal would be waved off. But there was no whistle, nobody was waving, so we started celebrating.
                              As I was looking off of the play at the time [I was doing color and was looking at what the off-side winger and D-men were doing], I can't vouch for whether Durbin was pushed or just happened to run into Byrnie.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by wsp67326 View Post
                                Long story short: Mark Byrne got cross checked in the back. While in the crease. In OT.
                                UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                                2006 Time Person of the Year
                                Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                                It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Working...
                                X