Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale... Part Deux

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    This could be a fun gathering tomorrow night, couldn't it gmann!!! Crown Royal, the Chargers vs. the Beavers, the big screen.

But, that is all based on BSU winning tonight!
    Plus pork loin slow cooked on the grill. Yes. Yes it will be.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      My boss, whose daughter is dating Matt Baxter, is really not going to mind if I watch the 3:00 game at my desk.

I love this job.

GFM
      If he was really a cool boss, he would want you to watch it with him in his office.

Originally posted by gmann View Post
      Plus pork loin slow cooked on the grill. Yes. Yes it will be.
      Mmmmmmmmmmm.......... Grilled pork loin...... mmmmmmmmmm...... Droollll......
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Bubble teams sure aren't liking the outcome so far of the BSU-Niagara game, Niagara up 4-2 after 2 periods, and the Purps have dominated for a majority of this game. I'm still skiddish in thinking that BSU will still get in as an At-Large bid if they lose this first game, would imagine that it would be a killer on their RPI
        -BSU Jake

Comment

So after all is said in done, it looks like the CHA will be a two bid league, Auto-Bid to Niagara/Huntsville and a assumed At-Large to BSU
          -BSU Jake

Comment

well played Niagara. 50% of the CHA is going to the dance. Now this will shake up the bracketology. lol. The CHA is going to go out with flair.

Comment

Suggested Headline:
              Bemidji Falls at Niagara Falls

Originally posted by Nels1jac View Post
              So after all is said in done, it looks like the CHA will be a two bid league, Auto-Bid to Niagara/Huntsville and a assumed At-Large to BSU
              Originally posted by true2BSU View Post
              well played Niagara. 50% of the CHA is going to the dance. Now this will shake up the bracketology. lol. The CHA is going to go out with flair.
              Somebody's assuming that the well-rested Colonials are going give the Beavers a "pass" tomorrow. Regardless, don't be surprised if the Beavers get passed-over on a bid if their RPI is 13 or worse.

Comment

Bemidji's at no. 7 right now; I can't see it dipping too much further, particularly with the 3rd best record for the year and a win over Miami. If they don't make it, there would be no question of collusion. Of course, I'm sure many folks are wondering if the Beavers tanked the Niagara game for the very reason to have 2 CHA teams. Knowing Serratore, and the atmosphere for Niagara at home (and lets face it, the Purps are no pushover, as no CHA team is!), the loss was no tank. Proud of the league, I must say. Wish it weren't coming to an end. sigh...

Comment

It has already been mentioned in the Bracketolgy thread that the Beavers will be in as an At-Large no matter what. It would be nice though for the Beavers to go out on a high note tomorrow and get a win vs Bobby Mo. A win would and should put any fears of being bumped out to sleep
                  -BSU Jake

Comment

This isn't basketball. There's no subjective consideration. There's no "did they get enough good wins?!?", "how was their strength of schedule?" crap. It is purely objective: Where does Bemidji rank on the PWR.
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                      This isn't basketball. There's no subjective consideration. There's no "did they get enough good wins?!?", "how was their strength of schedule?" crap. It is purely objective: Where does Bemidji rank on the PWR.
                      See
                      http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/champ..._icehockey.pdf
                      page 10 (of manual).

Comment

Currently, Bemidji is #7 (PWR and RPI); I don't see them falling below 12, even with a loss tomorrow. A win tomorrow and they will probably remain at least #8. Objectively, Bemidji is in the top 14, at least, and should make the tournament without question (at least that's my opinion).

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                          The Beaver problem lies in "The committee reserves the right to evaluate each team based on the relative strength of its respective conference using the overall conference RPI and conference comparisons (e.g., Conference A’s won-lost record versus Conference B, etc.) in determining competitive equity"

An 0-2-1 record against the other 3 CHA teams in the last three games of the year would not look good on the resume'.

The $$ aspect of selection is interesting in "Additionally, input is provided by regional advisory committees for consideration by the men’s ice hockey committee."

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                            The Beaver problem lies in "The committee reserves the right to evaluate each team based on the relative strength of its respective conference using the overall conference RPI and conference comparisons (e.g., Conference A’s won-lost record versus Conference B, etc.) in determining competitive equity"

An 0-2-1 record against the other 3 CHA teams in the last three games of the year would not look good on the resume'.

The $$ aspect of selection is interesting in "Additionally, input is provided by regional advisory committees for consideration by the men’s ice hockey committee."
                            Thanks. My Adobe isn't working right now.

You are correct that those statements make it less than positive for the Beavers. But, recent precedent says that the PWR (a purely objective measurement) is an accurate predictor for the NC$$ tourney.
                            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I detect the distinct odor of airborne bacon.

Wow.

Wow.

WOW.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Okay, I want to quote this by Schooley. Quote is from INCH's coverage of the first round of the tournament:

In the postgame press conference, Robert Morris coach Schooley talked about his team’s move to Atlantic Hockey with Niagara next season. “When you play a team seven times in a season, that’s when you get a 1-0 game. They know what we do and we know what they do. And tomorrow, whoever we play for the seventh time will know again. We’re going into a very good league that will be even stronger with the addition of our two teams. And to be able to play different teams and not the same three teams over and over again is going to help everybody. We’re excited about the move and those who doubted our move to Atlantic Hockey are dead wrong for a lot of reasons. Everybody is sick of playing the same teams and you guys are sick of me in this building. I still need to come back, but it’s only once or twice a year. Bemidji has a great home; we have a very good home with Niagara and now it’s time to help Huntsville.”
                                Schools had to be upset that his team just lost a chance at the NCAA's. I'm sure that the Colonials came into the weekend thinking about upsetting the Beavs tomorrow---and while they'll play tomorrow, they're both playing the early game.

And yet he still has nice things to say about our plight in Huntsville? That Schooley's not all bad.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X