X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale... Part Deux

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    Why should I get married again?

GFM <-- not going because of work reasons.
    My uncle told me never to get married and my co-worker's father told her and her brothers and sisters, "Don't have kids, they'll ruin your life."

Comment

BSU wins 3-2 in Huntsville tonight!
      It is amazing how some people can fall out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down and survive to tell about it.

We want a GOAL....
      A BEAVER GOAL.....
      We Want a GOAL.....
      A BEAVER GOAL!!!!

Chris K.

Comment

So even losing 3-1 to Niagara, Robert Morris has locked up second place.
        Third is wide open as Niagara is on home ice tomorrow and with a win and another BSU win they would take third. Any other outcome and UAH gets third.

Comment

Saturday Night in the CHA, Final Edition:

Bemidji and UAH skate to a 2-2 tie.
          The Purps complete the sweep of Bobby Mo by a 4-2 score.

Final Standings:
          1. Bemidji ==========>29 pts = 14-3-1
          2. Robert Morris =====>15 pts = 6-9-3
          3. Alabama-Huntsville =>14 pts = 6-10-2
          3. Niagara =========>14 pts = 6-10-2

Since UAH holds the head-to-head tie breaker with Niagara (4-2) the tournament should go like this:
          Game 1: UAH v RMU ==> Fri 3pm (all times are EST)
          Game 2: NU v BSU ===> Fri 7pm
          Game 3: Consolation => Sat 4pm
          Game 4: Championship and Autobid ==> 8pm
          Last edited by Douglas; 03-07-2010, 01:50 PM. Reason: Corrected Tournament Games
          Doug
          UAH 1974
          Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
          Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
          Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
          Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
          Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Don't forget about the third place game...4pm on Saturday.

RMU and UAH at 3pm Friday...BSU and NU at 7pm

Championship game at 8pm

(all times eastern)

Comment

BSU's tie with Huntsville really killed in the PWR! They went from having #4 by themselves to a tie with SCSU at #6, but they lose that tiebreaker. The Beavers better hope they can win out this weekend and get the Auto-bid, otherwise at a worse case scenario, 2 losses, and they may be out of the tourney all together!
              -BSU Jake

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockey View Post
                Don't forget about the third place game...4pm on Saturday...
                I was ignoring that game... but yes, that is actually Game 3. Game 4 is the Championship game. I fixed my post.
                Last edited by Douglas; 03-07-2010, 01:51 PM.
                Doug
                UAH 1974
                Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nels1jac View Post
                  BSU's tie with Huntsville really killed in the PWR! They went from having #4 by themselves to a tie with SCSU at #6, but they lose that tiebreaker. The Beavers better hope they can win out this weekend and get the Auto-bid, otherwise at a worse case scenario, 2 losses, and they may be out of the tourney all together!
                  Sorry, I don't see it even if BSU loses two games this weekend. Too many teams would have to jump us for us to be shut out of the tourney.

Comment

As far as I can tell, there is no way we drop lower than 12th in the PWR, even if we lose twice and most/all of the teams below us do well. However, I am no expert about RPI so it may be way more affected by a bad weekend than I would think.

Comment

• Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale... Part Deux

Originally posted by Nels1jac View Post
                      I'm hopeful that the Beavs can get an at-large bid after the Chargers upset them in the final CHA championship.

[People say it can't happen ... people said it wouldn't happen in 2007 when the #5 seed swept three games to go onto the NCAA's, too.]

Four BSU games in Huntsville: three OT games. Three one-goal games. One tie. Talbie makes one more save, and ...

That said, I was really impressed with the Beavers' forecheck this weekend. Didn't matter if it was one, two, or three forwards ... they just swallowed the puck whole. But give the Chargers credit for getting through there and doing reasonably well in the zone when they had it. Unfortunately, Bakala was his usual solid self.

The Chargers can beat the Beavers. They have beaten the Colonials. We'll just have to see if they will.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Upon further review, if about 20 things fell JUST RIGHT into place AND the Beavers lost both their games AND at least one additional conference beside the CHA and Atlantic Hockey had their conference tournament won by a team not in the current RPI top 25, then it would be mathematically possible for BSU to fall far enough in the PWR that they would become a bubble team right around 14 or 15 and possibly miss the tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by IdahoBemidjiFan View Post
                          Upon further review, if about 20 things fell JUST RIGHT into place AND the Beavers lost both their games AND at least one additional conference beside the CHA and Atlantic Hockey had their conference tournament won by a team not in the current RPI top 25, then it would be mathematically possible for BSU to fall far enough in the PWR that they would become a bubble team right around 14 or 15 and possibly miss the tourney.
                          AND if BSU was on the cover of SI.

For the record, I hate Hunstville!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Jeff Winchester Sighting

The last UAH Blue-Line Club Newsletter listed Jeff Winchester as being in The Netherlands as of 3/2/10. After seeing Jeff while we were in the 5-points neighborhood this afternoon, we checked the Huntsville Havoc roster. Sure enough, he played 3/5 and 3/6.

It was also interesting to see that Troy Maney (not listed in the Blue-Line Club Newsletter) played 7 games with the Havoc 12/28 - 1/16 and that Karlis Zirnis returned for 1 game on 1/9.

Comment

Originally posted by gmann View Post
                              For the record, I hate Hunstville!
                              I started a "Who hates Bemidji? WE HATE BEMIDJI!" chant the other day.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                I'm hopeful that the Beavs can get an at-large bid after the Chargers upset them in the final CHA championship. ...
                                GFM
                                Geof, sorry to disappoint but it will be the Purps that you will have to try to get past in the championship game. We'll stuff those Beavers for you.
                                GO PURPS!
                                Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

Working...
                                X