Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale... Part Deux

Originally posted by 21st Century Schizoid Man View Post
    I missed the game last night. Got some replays of the hits for all of us to see?
    The video reviewed was from the school's game video. I usually shoot stills but I wasn't shooting this weekend since my shoulder was tied up in a sling/harness from my recent shoulder surgery. I did shoot one-handed video on Sunday going for some special shots for a possible short music video...
    Doug
    UAH 1974
    Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
    Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
    Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
    Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
    Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Admittedly, I was looking up-ice, but it looked to me like Vinny got his elbows and stick up into the hit. I agree that he had every right to level Longpre, but it looked like he did it wrong.

Or so it seemed in my peripheral vision.

GFM <-- has not talked to him about this, or seen video, or anything like that.
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
        The video reviewed was from the school's game video. I usually shoot stills but I wasn't shooting this weekend since my shoulder was tied up in a sling/harness from my recent shoulder surgery. I did shoot one-handed video on Sunday going for some special shots for a possible short music video...
        So no video for us then. That is unfortunate. I talked to a few people who were there, they've pretty much said that it was the high elbow that got everyone's attention.

I think most of us attend almost all our team's home games and maybe a few road ones over the years. I've been attending RMU home games since 2004 and I know Huntsville has been playing since the late 70's. Point is, I've seen 90% of the opposing coaches get angry at the refs and start pitching fits. And, hounding the refs at the end of intermissions and games as everyone is coming off the ice, that goes for Burkholder, Serratore, Schooley, and believe it or not, Danton Cole.

Trying to single out Schooley here makes no sense. I didn't see the hit, but it is pretty much a forgone conclusion that almost EVERY coach would be as you put it (whining or complaining) at the refs. Comes with the territory.

Besides, (and I mean no disrespect here), it's Bruni out for one game, and Longpre out for RMU. Honestly which one do you think is more critical to their teams success, sounds like UAH got the better of that deal for sure.

I'm not hating on anybody, just sayin.

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

So no video for us then. That is unfortunate. I talked to a few people who were there, they've pretty much said that it was the high elbow that got everyone's attention.

I think most of us attend almost all our team's home games and maybe a few road ones over the years. I've been attending RMU home games since 2004 and I know Huntsville has been playing since the late 70's. Point is, I've seen 90% of the opposing coaches get angry at the refs and start pitching fits. And, hounding the refs at the end of intermissions and games as everyone is coming off the ice, that goes for Burkholder, Serratore, Schooley, and believe it or not, Danton Cole.

Trying to single out Schooley here makes no sense. I didn't see the hit, but it is pretty much a forgone conclusion that almost EVERY coach would be as you put it (whining or complaining) at the refs. Comes with the territory.

Besides, (and I mean no disrespect here), it's Bruni out for one game, and Longpre out for RMU. Honestly which one do you think is more critical to their teams success, sounds like UAH got the better of that deal for sure.

I agree all coaches moan & groan & $%&@* at the refs during the games as well as after. And I understand you have been watching your team and coach for as long as you have had a D1 team. But, I've been watching Schooley long before you ever saw him take the helm at your school as he was at Air Force whom we have been playing for around 20 years. I've also seem him constantly whinning about games for as long as I've known him starting at the first time I saw him at Air Force.

It's one thing to moan & groan & yell at the refs durning a game and between periods, like you I haven't seen a coach that didn't do it, but to carry it off the ice and chase them down and *itch and whine about a "questionable" hit when practically every hard player, including plenty of your own, have done it until he got him suspended, is carrying the cry-baby aspect just a little too far. That hit was NOT an obvious attempt to hurt somebody, which I do not condone, it was simply a hit done incorrectly. Something every player is guilty of. That's my opinion and luckily, I'm entitled to it. But, if you were to ask every other team's coaches that has ever been in the CHA, and they were to answer you honestly, you'd hear exactly the same thing. He should have said his piece and gone back to the locker room like 99% of all other coach's do, but nooooooo...

When you talk about the 90% of coaches you say were hard on the refs, did you notice that all of those other coaches finished their tirades and went to the locker room? They didn't harass the ref's and force the league to take action where none was due just to shut him up. That's the point of calling out Schooley. Just sayin.
          Doug
          UAH 1974

Comment

Point is, I've seen 90% of the opposing coaches get angry at the refs and start pitching fits. And, hounding the refs at the end of intermissions and games as everyone is coming off the ice, that goes for Burkholder, Serratore, Schooley, and believe it or not, Danton Cole.
            Doug Ross argued all the time with the refs.

Comment

Douglas, if there is no honest merit of a suspension with the hit, and Schooley has this horrible reputation for being such a whiny crybaby with regards to the refs, why didn't they just put a hand up to and tell him to P!ss off? If his rep is so bad, why didnt' the CHA powers that be tell him to just drop it?

There's got to be something there to look at.

Please don't paint one side of the story about Schooley carrying on to the point of earning a suspension for Bruni, and not post a video for us all to judge for ourselves.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, and you're entitled to share it, just thought we could see it (the hit) and debate both sides.

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                I agree all coaches moan & groan & $%&@* at the refs during the games as well as after. And I understand you have been watching your team and coach for as long as you have had a D1 team. But, I've been watching Schooley long before you ever saw him take the helm at your school as he was at Air Force whom we have been playing for around 20 years. I've also seem him constantly whinning about games for as long as I've known him starting at the first time I saw him at Air Force.

It's one thing to moan & groan & yell at the refs durning a game and between periods, like you I haven't seen a coach that didn't do it, but to carry it off the ice and chase them down and *itch and whine about a "questionable" hit when practically every hard player, including plenty of your own, have done it until he got him suspended, is carrying the cry-baby aspect just a little too far. That hit was NOT an obvious attempt to hurt somebody, which I do not condone, it was simply a hit done incorrectly. Something every player is guilty of. That's my opinion and luckily, I'm entitled to it. But, if you were to ask every other team's coaches that has ever been in the CHA, and they were to answer you honestly, you'd hear exactly the same thing. He should have said his piece and gone back to the locker room like 99% of all other coach's do, but nooooooo...

When you talk about the 90% of coaches you say were hard on the refs, did you notice that all of those other coaches finished their tirades and went to the locker room? They didn't harass the ref's and force the league to take action where none was due just to shut him up. That's the point of calling out Schooley. Just sayin.
                Douglas, if there is no honest merit of a suspension with the hit, and Schooley has this horrible reputation for being such a whiny crybaby with regards to the refs, why didn't they just put a hand up to and tell him to P!ss off? If his rep is so bad, why didnt' the CHA powers that be tell him to just drop it?

Please don't paint one side of the story about Schooley carrying on to the point of earning a suspension for Bruni, and not post a video for us all to judge for ourselves.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, and you're entitled to share it, just thought we could see it (the hit) and debate both sides.
                I am glad I support a team comprised of perfect little angels.
                sigpic

Comment

All aboard for Omaha! Who's in?

I will be making the trip up from St. Louis.
                  Schizophrenic Bemidji/Minnesota/UNO Fan

Comment

http://www.purpleeagles.com/

Any of the Charger fans heading to Dwyer this weekend, you might want to check out the Purps site to see the "Welcome Back" message and weekend ticket specials. Friday includes a Purple and Blue Support Ribbon for the Chargers first road trip since the shooting by Dr. Amy Bishop (or, to be politically correct, should that be alleged shooting?).

Comment

The play wasn't even a penalty and certainly didn't warrant a suspension. Bruni hit Longpre in the chest and Longpre sold the hit by ducking his head down. He got up and skated off. For a suspension there's supposed to be intent to injure.

If anyone wants to see it, I'm sure you could buy the game on B2s pay-per-view and capture it. I don't need to see it, I saw it live and its the weakest suspension I've ever seen.

Comment

No coach can possibly work the refs as much as Troy Jutting from Mankato.
                        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by gmann View Post
                          I am glad I support a team comprised of perfect little angels.
                          Awww now that's just too easy... Udovich Of course that's in the past...
                          Doug
                          UAH 1974

Comment

I've been told that I'll be shown video of the hit. I'll see if I can get a copy and put it on Vimeo.

GFM <-- wants to see it in non-peripheral vision.
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                              No coach can possibly work the refs as much as Troy Jutting from Mankato.
                              Correctomundo. I swear he argues with the refs about the color of the ice.
                              Fear the Green

Comment

Originally posted by Upper Deck View Post
                                Correctomundo. I swear he argues with the refs about the color of the ice.
                                AMEN

2009 Frozen Four!

2010 3-peat CHA Regular Season Champs!

Comment

Working...
                                X