Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale... Part Deux

Originally posted by 21st Century Schizoid Man View Post
        Picks;

BSU Sweep

RMU/UAH : Split
        Seconded
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Bemidji State wins 3-2 tonight, they win the last R.H. "Bob" Peters Cup as they're the final CHA Men's Regular Season Champions.

Comment

I know someone who has a sick kid and they can't use their tickets for tonight (2 of them). Let me know if you want them! All they are asking for is a donation to Beaver Pride...they don't want cash.

Comment

It was a great night to be a Beaver fan!

*****http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs159.snc3/18641_1350507049923_1448772558_30928512_1260282_n. jpg******

Awesome throwbacks!

*****http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs217.snc3/22443_1240220247205_1280250135_30671956_1613794_n. jpg******

*****http://i209.***********.com/albums/bb28/VintageMinnesotaHockey/MN%20Vintage%20Hockey%20Photos/BemidjiStateGameactionvsSCSUoutdoor.jpg******
              Great moments...are born from great opportunity.
              THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockey View Post
                I know someone who has a sick kid and they can't use their tickets for tonight (2 of them). Let me know if you want them! All they are asking for is a donation to Beaver Pride...they don't want cash.
                Tickets are gone...

Comment

With a three goal third period, the Chargers came back to beat the Colonials 4-3 this afternoon.
                  Doug
                  UAH 1974
                  Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                  Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                  Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                  Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                  Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                    With a three goal third period, the Chargers came back to beat the Colonials 4-3 this afternoon.
                    What an emotional game. Best 3:05 crowd I've ever heard in the VBC.

But here's how emotional it was ... I went down to interview Danton after the game, and we did the guy handshake into a hug thing. I get the feeling that Cole's really not a hugger. But ... it was fitting.

Nathan Longpre got hurt on a big hit by (I think) Vince Bruni. Vinny's lucky (to my eyes) that he didn't get called for it ... Schooley sure wanted the penalty. I really hope Longpre is okay ... he was playing his *** off today. He solo forechecked one of our power plays right into the ice.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                      ... Nathan Longpre got hurt on a big hit by (I think) Vince Bruni. Vinny's lucky (to my eyes) that he didn't get called for it ... Schooley sure wanted the penalty. I really hope Longpre is okay ... he was playing his *** off today. He solo forechecked one of our power plays right into the ice.

GFM
                      Quoting one of the dads (who had a great view of it from dad row), Longpre was "admiring his shot" when Vince simply finished his check. The dad said that you're taught in juniors to expect to be looking up at the rafters immediately after your shot if you take time to admire it.

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                        Quoting one of the dads (who had a great view of it from dad row), Longpre was "admiring his shot" when Vince simply finished his check. The dad said that you're taught in juniors to expect to be looking up at the rafters immediately after your shot if you take time to admire it.
                        And further... Schooley cried and moaned to the refs after the game and after much discussion and review of the "hit" got Bruni suspended for today's game. I personally thought that Kushneriuk's hit on a Charger was much worse than Bruni's check.

Anyway, Bobby Mo earns the split with a 4-2 win over the Chargers this afternoon. Now it's on to Niagara for three next week.
                        Doug
                        UAH 1974
                        Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                        Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                        Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                        Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                        Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                          And further... Schooley cried and moaned to the refs after the game and after much discussion and review of the "hit" got Bruni suspended for today's game. I personally thought that Kushneriuk's hit on a Charger was much worse than Bruni's check.

I missed the game last night. Got some replays of the hits for all of us to see?

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

I've posted an extended photo gallery from the final game at the John Glas Fieldhouse.

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/...allery/id/360/

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/...allery/id/361/

Here's a link to the story and you can get to the fan and Joel Otto stories from there.

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/.../id/100016143/

-Eric

Comment

Almost forgot about this:

Here's a video tour of the Bemidji Regional Event Center.

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/.../id/100016108/

Comment

*****http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/media/full/jpg/2010/02/21/dsc_2452.jpg******

Great picture. Fantastic gallery. Best of luck to Bemidji the rest of the way.
                                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                                X