X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIT/Army incident

Jealous? Har.

CBS' Dave Starman lists the five best atmospheres in college hockey:

Yost, Lynah, Alfond, Kohl Center, Ritter Arena.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...#ixzz0fzxXoPB3 (requires Extra subscription)

Comment

What's with the weird roof supports in the arena? Those are a bit distracting.

Comment

I think I know the pic you mean - it was taken with a fisheye lens and looks strange.

http://www.ritathletics.com/index.as...key&path=mhock
        Click on "2009-2010 Video" in the upper right.
        Last edited by Chris Lerch; 02-19-2010, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Oops should have been more clear. I mean the beams at Tate rink. Very bad when sitting high up.

http://www.newtonhockey.org/sitebuil...s/hpim4854.jpg

Comment

Army has removed the link from its website.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lerch View Post
              Jealous? Har.

CBS' Dave Starman lists the five best atmospheres in college hockey:

Yost, Lynah, Alfond, Kohl Center, Ritter Arena.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...#ixzz0fzxXoPB3 (requires Extra subscription)
              Aww. More butthurt. This is too hilarious for words.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                Aww. More butthurt. This is too hilarious for words.
                The fact that you're too dense to get the point is no one else' fault but your own.

As I've said before to you, I've forgotten more about college hockey than you'll likely ever know. Mine is the superior opinion. Learn from it, grasshopper. And go away. Shoo.

Comment

The fact that you're too dense to get the point is no one else' fault but your own.

As I've said before to you, I've forgotten more about college hockey than you'll likely ever know. Mine is the superior opinion. Learn from it, grasshopper. And go away. Shoo.
                  Oh my god. This is epic.

Come on, Chris, make fun of my post count next. Do it! It'll make you feel so mighty, you'll be on cloud nine ALL DAY LONG.

I love how you started describing someone else's opinion of the atmosphere at your little sardine tin of a rink at your laughable little school - like it's germane to the argument or as though I care.

Please, Chris, don't cry because I won't give your opinion any more credence than I would a 12-year-old fanboy's opinion. It's really not that big of a deal. You think BRF is a joke? So what! I know you're in the vast minority and your yearly obsession with the topic (oh no, no no, we're just mocking Moy! Yeah, that's it!) has evolved into such a good time for so many of us here on the superior side of the state. I would hate for anything to happen to that.

And now, you turn around with all this butthurt because your opinion has been tossed right back at you - making it even more satisfying. Yes, Chris, I can play your little game too.

You don't know me. You think you do. You probably wish you did. But you don't. And that makes me glad. Go have another round of Geritol with the Corner Crew.

Oh, and my opinion is a gazillion times more important than yours. Times infinity. Neener neener.

Comment

Yes, yes. Very nice. Run along now.

Comment

Yes, yes. Very nice. Run along now.
                      Duh... nobody wants to play wid me...

Don't start what you can't finish, eh?

Now here comes the "duhhhh... I DID FINISH IT I SAY WHEN IT'S OVER BLAAAA I'M SO SMART" response.
                      Last edited by Red Cloud; 02-19-2010, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I'll call your sardine size rink for RIT and raise you a 57.8% average number of fans for an RPI home game in one of RPI's best years in the Appert years. Maybe you need the BFR to sell out?

On a serious note - there is no doubt the BFR is special to RPI fans. I think the question is why is it listed where the tournament notations go. It's not like other schools don't have special games.
                        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2010 Frozen Four participant
                        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxMan7 View Post
                          Oops should have been more clear. I mean the beams at Tate rink. Very bad when sitting high up.

http://www.newtonhockey.org/sitebuil...s/hpim4854.jpg
                          I've sat in just about every area in Tate Rink. The beams don't obstruct your view at all and I've only seen them come into play a couple of times (no more than your average scoreboard).
                          Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                          10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                          5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                          21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                          ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                          ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                          7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                          National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

If that's what makes you proud, komey, then congratulations. A peewee team could sell out that place.

Not sure if you folks are really "getting" this. But I'm cool with it.

Comment

Nice to know my Puckman voodoo doll is still working.

Comment

And the truth finally comes out.

Comment

Working...
                                X