Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential problem with Merrimack & UMass Radio Deals

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Potential problem with Merrimack & UMass Radio Deals

    ESPN Radio 890/1400 is going off the air this weekend. They lost their affiliation with ESPN. They claim the stations are going to come back Monday with a new format but there are rumors that they may just go dark. The stations had recently signed contracts to carry Merrimack hockey and UMass sports.

    http://www.boston.com/sports/other_s...t_to_sign_off/

  • #2
    Re: Potential problem with Merrimack & UMass Radio Deals

    i'd guess it more than a bit likely that it was these deals with a pair of perennial also-rans that sank the station

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Potential problem with Merrimack & UMass Radio Deals

      Doen't that effect NU as well since they had a deal with 890?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Potential problem with Merrimack & UMass Radio Deals

        Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
        Doen't that effect NU as well since they had a deal with 890?
        They moved to WNTN AM 1550

        http://www.huskiesradio.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Potential problem with Merrimack & UMass Radio Deals

          When I first read the title of this thread, my reaction was, "what's the potential problem - that they can't find any listeners?"

          yuk yuk yuk

          PS - Merrimac wouldn't have these problems if Machnik was still announcing....
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

          Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

          "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Potential problem with Merrimack & UMass Radio Deals

            Originally posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
            ESPN Radio 890/1400 is going off the air this weekend. They lost their affiliation with ESPN. They claim the stations are going to come back Monday with a new format but there are rumors that they may just go dark. The stations had recently signed contracts to carry Merrimack hockey and UMass sports.

            http://www.boston.com/sports/other_s...t_to_sign_off/
            Chief, Any updates?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Potential problem with Merrimack & UMass Radio Deals

              Originally posted by Rover View Post
              MerrimacK wouldn't have these problems if Machnik was still announcing....
              Mike is back. He will be doing color this season.

              BobLav1. No new updates yet.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Potential problem with Merrimack & UMass Radio Deals

                Originally posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
                Mike is back. He will be doing color this season.
                That is fantastic news for the 7 or 8 listeners out there.
                Fighting the good fight

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Potential problem with Merrimack & UMass Radio Deals

                  Originally posted by SPIN CONTROL View Post
                  That is fantastic news for the 7 or 8 listeners out there.
                  Okay, that is just plain rude.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

                  Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

                  "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Potential problem with Merrimack & UMass Radio Deals

                    Originally posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
                    Mike is back. He will be doing color this season.
                    Merrimack must be THRILLED to have a guy they don't want anywhere near their program doing the color commentating!!
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Potential problem with Merrimack & UMass Radio Deals

                      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      Merrimack must be THRILLED to have a guy they don't want anywhere near their program doing the color commentating!!
                      There is a new administration at Merrimack. Allot of the bad decisions by the previous regime are being righted. New ice was installed at Lawler over the summer and the press box has also been expanded. More renovations to Lawler are being announced tomorrow.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Potential problem with Merrimack & UMass Radio Deals

                        Originally posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
                        Mike is back. He will be doing color this season.

                        BobLav1. No new updates yet.
                        Does this mean that we'll have to put up with Kelly over here defending him all season?

                        Trust X Believe
                        Last edited by theprofromdover; 09-22-2009, 03:53 PM.
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

                        Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Potential problem with Merrimack & UMass Radio Deals

                          Originally posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
                          New ice was installed at Lawler
                          Exciting stuff. Is it going to be more slippery than the old ice?
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Potential problem with Merrimack & UMass Radio Deals

                            Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            Does this mean that we'll have to put up with Kelly over here defending him all season?
                            Probably. Every once in a while I will read the letter he wrote to all (as in, all 10) of the Merrimack fans on their website when he was told he wasn't wanted there anymore (in addition to their requests that he stop using their trademarked logos on his own website). Try not to laugh every time he insisted he bring his wife with him into all of these meetings and making all of these phone calls. I dare you, try not to laugh. It was gd hilarious.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Potential problem with Merrimack & UMass Radio Deals

                              You know, I've seen this story here and there, but never got the full rundown of why BC fans are anti-Machnik. Is it because of the Eaves colliding with the goalie incident?
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

                              Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

                              "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X