Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan State vs. Ferris State 2/19-2/20

Originally posted by totalx View Post
    Their captain Chupp was out for the final game last weekend. Didn't hear a whole lot about that so it must not be too serious. Wietecha, one of their better defensemen, has been out for, yeesh, several weeks now. At least 3 or 4 weeks. I don't know if it has ever been made publicly known what exactly is wrong with him, but there was a rumor that it was a concussion. I think that him being out has hurt quite a bit, if you want my honest opinion. But for the most part, the team is pretty healthy.

If anybody else knows anything, feel free to correct me or add additional thoughts. I'm just speaking off of what I have heard and have seen.
    Re: Wietecha, it is indeed a concussion. He said that he should be back in time for the CCHA tournament.

Not sure on Chupp's status, he didn't play last night.

Comment

I am sitting at my regular spot in section O right now amd I can tell you that Munn will be rocking this afternoon...there is a playoff buzz in here already. Yes,I realize that this is essentially a playoff game.

Go Green!
      MICHIGAN STATE
      1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer View Post
        autocorrect fail =)

they'll cheer... they're either not from around here or they drove there special. Methinks traveling fans are generally rowdier.
        I wasn't doing much cheering, only because I've been really sick. Can't cheer if you have next to no voice - but I had my green on
        "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
        - Mark Twain

Comment

I know Miami spanked Ferris up in bog rapids, but in my opinion Ferris is the most complete team in the CCHA. They are big and fast with great goaltending. The bulldogs thoroughly outplayed MSU all weekend. In the end no damage was done...both teams are still squarely on the NCAA bubble.
          MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Wow, that was an awesome, awesome game. Full house and a fast, phyiscal, exciting game to entertain everybody. In my opinion, Ferris is possibly the best team that has come to Munn this season and i think it would be a shame if they didn't make the tourney. I have never seen a team so good at hitting those stretch passes up ice to the guy streaking in behind our defensemen. I don't know if that is something they are good at or if they knew something about our neutral zone coverage or what but i have never seen a team look so good at it.

Comment

I agree...I've been thinking about it, and controlling our blueline has generally been a strength. I agree that Ferris was great at the pass up the middle to split the Dmen.
              Last edited by STATEdude3; 02-20-2010, 07:19 PM.
              MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                Gee, thanks. Now I have to wipe the hot chocolate off the keyboard.
                Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                Hey I think that place has character, the Scott Hamilton banner really ties the room together.
                Hey, don't knock Scott, he just pledged $500,000 to our arena renovation fund. I'm sure that when/if either of your buildings can claim connection to an Olympic gold medalist and three time world champion his name will be honored somewhere in your rink. You can hang it right next to your hockey team's national championship banner. Oh, that's right...neither of you has one of those...sorry

I will be the first to admit that my school has done a poor job in keeping our facilities up to date, or even maintained. Sadly, several successive administrations saw fit to treat the ice arena like some weird hybrid of 'cash-cow' and 'red-headed stepchild'. Pulling $$$ from arena revenues to pay for other projects (lights on the football stadium) while raising hourly rates for ice-time to the point where local teams found it more viable to rent ice in Findlay or Toledo (each 25 miles away).

The streaks, stains and cracks visible on the concourse walls are being caused by leaks in the roof. As those roof problems were scheduled to be corrected this past summer, no attempts have been made to patch or paint over the inside damage over the past several years. Last summer's planned mini-renovation got cancelled in the same budget crisis that nearly killed the program last spring.

That 'near death' experience proved to be both painful and necessary, as the outcry from alumni and the community convinced the administration that rebuilding the program was essential...and that renovation of the arena is an integral step in rebuilding the program.

So, to those of you that follow BRIS, let me make this analogy..."I'd rather be fat than ugly, because I can lose weight, but ugly lasts forever."

Lesson to everyone: Support your team, support your school. Demand excellence from all associated with your program, starting with yourselves and your boosters. You have every right to be proud of the fine season's that both of you are presently enjoying, but don't allow that to turn into the complacency that might make you think you're somehow 'entitled' to be successful every year. There's no need to look any further than Ann Arbor or South Bend to see how quickly a program can fall from championship contention to the lower tier.

Good luck in the playoffs, except (of course) if we meet in the quarterfinals.

Side note to Hammer...I'll bet that hot chocolate was not the first fluid or semi-fluid you've spewed on your keyboard. And don't take everything so personally, dick-cheese.
                Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                  Lesson to everyone: Support your team, support your school. Demand excellence from all associated with your program, starting with yourselves and your boosters. You have every right to be proud of the fine season's that both of you are presently enjoying, but don't allow that to turn into the complacency that might make you think you're somehow 'entitled' to be successful every year. There's no need to look any further than Ann Arbor or South Bend to see how quickly a program can fall from championship contention to the lower tier.
                  A lesson I think we learned in spades here in East Lansing after 2007. We saw how far the mighty can fall, and I think most MSU fans are a lot humbler for it.

I have a soft spot for BG's arena, mostly because I'm not all that fond of fancy places. I'm glad Scotty - who is a class act all the way around - and the university have gotten behind improvements there. I wish BG well in the playoffs, except if MSU is involved.
                  "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                  - Mark Twain

Comment

I actually really enjoyed my one experience at the BGSU Ice Arena, maybe it had something to do with the scoreboard, but it was a fun barn to watch a game in. The Scott Hamilton banner crack was more a Big Lebowski reference then a knock on everyone's favorite male figure skater.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                      I actually really enjoyed my one experience at the BGSU Ice Arena, maybe it had something to do with the scoreboard, but it was a fun barn to watch a game in. The Scott Hamilton banner crack was more a Big Lebowski reference then a knock on everyone's favorite male figure skater.
                      I'm glad you enjoyed your visit here, as even with it's shortcomings it's still a fun place to watch a game, especially when it's crowded. Miami's new building is state of the art, with all the bells and whistles...truly a spectacle, but I'd still rather watch a game in our place. Perhaps it's the bucket seats that I don't like...at 6-4 and 240 I need more leg and hip room than you ever get with stadium buckets. Our low metal ceiling may look cheesy, but it amplifies the noise level and adds to the atmosphere. You'd think pucks would be hitting it all the time, but I don't think it happens more than 5 or 6 times a year.

I didn't take the Hamilton banner crack as a serious dig, but couldn't resist the temptation to jab back at what's missing from your banner collection. Perhaps this is your year. I really thought you had it in the bag last year.

I expect, however, to be dead and decomposed beyond recognition long before BRIS hangs a NC banner in that closet of theirs. I hate that place with a passion, and make no apologies for the way I feel. It could only be made made fit for D1 with the liberal use of explosives and bulldozers.
                      Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Working...
                      X