Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vermont @ UNH - Cat Fight @ the Whit

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
    I really don't want to face Vermont in a few weeks. Very evenly matched this weekend.
    Hey, Darci! Yep..totally agree. I watched on Friday and UVM was all over UNH. We were unbelievably lucky to win that game. I have no interest in seeing the Catamounts again (before the Semis or Finals, that is... )

(see ya on Friday! )
    Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
    ECAC Tourney Champs 79
    Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
    Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
    Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
    NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Originally posted by Malts18 View Post
      MC??? Really, Matt? They strike me as a major thorn this year. I am rooting for a PC @ UNH Quarter-final.... That would be ideal, IMO.
      I'm pretty sure PC is out. Too many points behind to get to 8th place. I would rather play Merrimack over Vermont as well. We were just too evenly matched this weekend.
      UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

I'm pretty sure PC is out. Too many points behind to get to 8th place. I would rather play Merrimack over Vermont as well. We were just too evenly matched this weekend.
        Oh yeah... only 4 games left... and the best PC can do is 20 pts (that would tie them with UVM if UVM were to lose all 4 left and PC were to win all 4).
        Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

UNH Wildcats
        ECAC Tourney Champs 79
        Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
        NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
          Good luck to UNH, unless of course it's UVMv.UNH in the quarterfinals. Great weekend series, two close games both going to OT. Can't ask for much more unless the points were reversed .
          Diddo Good luck to UVM the rest of the way unless of course it's UNHv.UVM also.

Thanks to UVM player Brett Leonard for the tickets to last night's game and a BIG CONGRATS to Brett on his first collegiate goal. You deserve it Brett By the way, Brett told me that Umile congratulated him in the handshake line after the game and tapped him on the helmut and called him by name. Brett was happy he knew his name and recognized him for his efforts. Class Act by Dick as usual and a side of him that many people may not know.

I told Brett after the game last night that I hope we don't have to play UVM in the QTRS, so I agree with CBG and Darci on that one. UVM is a strong team but Madore stood on his head last night IMHO preserving the tie for UVM. UNH had a ton of tipped and redirected shots that Madore somehow saved. Nice job by him.

We'll take the three points on the weekend and move on. Nice job Wildcats.
          Last edited by e.cat; 02-21-2010, 02:10 PM.
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

MC??? Really, Matt? They strike me as a major thorn this year. I am rooting for a PC @ UNH Quarter-final.... That would be ideal, IMO.
            Based on the way all the teams are playing, I think we will and hope we do get the free falling UMA.
            "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
              Thanks to UVM player Brett Leonard for the tickets to last night's game and a BIG CONGRATS to Brett on his first collegiate goal. You deserve it Brett By the way, Brett told me that Umile congratulated him in the handshake line after the game and tapped him on the helmut and called him by name. Brett was happy he knew his name and recognized him for his efforts. Class Act by Dick as usual and a side of him that many people may not know.
              Thanks, that's a cool story. I thought Leonard should have been playing even before the Milo debacle. He got some playing time early in the season and provided a lot of spark and energy. As I recall, he took a bad penalty in one game and then was banished to watching. Glad to see he's getting some quality ice time--we can use him.

Comment

I wouldnt mind seeing Maine at some point along the way, revenge for the embarassment @ Orono lol

Comment

It was nice to see the Freshman and local kid Greg Burke play so well last night. He's not the fastest guy on the team but he is a very smart player. He seems to always be positioned well, makes smart passes, and just missed on a couple goals last night

Comment

MC is big and goon-y, but I'll take them on the big ice.
                    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                    -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                      MC is big and goon-y, but I'll take them on the big ice.
                      Ok... I am with ya.... bring on MC!

UNH Wildcats
                      ECAC Tourney Champs 79
                      NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Dispite only getting one point I really enjoyed the trip down to UNH. Its hard not to be pleased how Vermont played after last weekends mess and inweek dismissal of its top pt per game scorer.

Playing Friday without 3 of its top forwards(Dismissed player included) and playing with a D playing forward they played about as good as you can play against a good team at a very tough arena. How often can you come back from being down 4 times in one game.

Whoever does the 3 stars needs open his/her eyes and actually watch the game. Madore not getting 1st star was bad enough but not getting any?? There must have been half a dozen saves that I thought we were giving up a goal.

Sad to hear the school hotel is closing always enjoyed staying there.

I agree the refs let some trips go during the 3rd in Sat game but the refs on Friday also let some trips on UNH go, it seems they put the whistles away right after the 2 man advantage.

I was inpressed with the UNH 1st line and PP unit, however Foster didnt put even half the fear in me that Mr Regan did.
                        New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                          Thanks, that's a cool story. I thought Leonard should have been playing even before the Milo debacle. He got some playing time early in the season and provided a lot of spark and energy. As I recall, he took a bad penalty in one game and then was banished to watching. Glad to see he's getting some quality ice time--we can use him.

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                          It was nice to see the Freshman and local kid Greg Burke play so well last night. He's not the fastest guy on the team but he is a very smart player. He seems to always be positioned well, makes smart passes, and just missed on a couple goals last night
                          Burke looked good to me also and I thought McCarey looked good as well.

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                          I wouldnt mind seeing Maine at some point along the way, revenge for the embarassment @ Orono lol
                          Diddo
                          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Oh well we get to do it again.
                            New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Working...
                            X