Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NU vs BC 2/19 and 2/21

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    brilliant and thought provoking post.........
    Thank you. I'm in a bad mood and I want banter. Horrible banter, any banter for that matter. Muse smells like a rotting cheese roll.
    Originally posted by Bakunin
    Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
      Thank you. I'm in a bad mood and I want banter. Horrible banter, any banter for that matter. Muse smells like a rotting cheese roll.
      Banter shouldn't be that hard with the BC crowd. Just ask Nick about his elephant walk escapades, throw out a few typos for Tony to correct and tell steveF he is an unoriginal bastard. They will come flocking.
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        How new is the new Champions? I was there probably 2 years ago and it wasn't worth going to again IMO, if it's improved now I'll probably stop by before the NU BU game in a couple weeks.
        I went there soon after the renovations. My group had mixed reviews. The general thought was, if you liked the original Champions, you won't like this one, and if you hated the original Champions, you'll probably like this one. It seems a lot more like a hotel bar now...
        On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
        If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

well, knock yourself out then. I had access to tickets to this game and not having gone to matthews arena for quite some time i was looking forward to seeing all the work done to it............. and it should be a great game. NU certainly playing their best so far year. anyone know if matt price is playing?

Comment

Originally posted by HungryHungryHuskies View Post
            .. The general thought was, if you liked the original Champions, you won't like this one, and if you hated the original Champions, you'll probably like this one. It seems a lot more like a hotel bar now...
            Old one was cool.. new one def works as well.. especially for quick lunch.. catch a gm or two or three..

http://www.hotelchatter.com/files/17...s_Bar_Blue.jpg
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              Old one was cool.. new one def works as well.. especially for quick lunch.. catch a gm or two or three..

http://www.hotelchatter.com/files/17...s_Bar_Blue.jpg
              You should try Punters. Wait, you wanted to go to a good bar? OK, stay away from that hell hole.
              Originally posted by Bakunin
              Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Hey, Punters is cool (well, was alright with the football/ hockey crowd once a long time ago..) I still remember the food being passed through the (hell) hole in the wall.. literally
                GO NU HOCKEY
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Did i mention.. 'Punters' was also cool when we actually had Punters.. sigh..

perhaps NU football comes back when we build something on campus.. circa 2025, 2030.. hey, don't lose hope!
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                    Banter shouldn't be that hard with the BC crowd. Just ask Nick about his elephant walk escapades, throw out a few typos for Tony to correct and tell steveF he is an unoriginal bastard. They will come flocking.
                    No, jcarter, we go at the UVM fans because they're stupid. NU fans on here I have no problem with. Go away.

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    ............. and it should be a great game. NU certainly playing their best so far year. anyone know if matt price is playing?
                    I believe Price will be out, but this is unconfirmed.

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                    You should try Punters. Wait, you wanted to go to a good bar? OK, stay away from that hell hole.
                    Punters= RIP. I walk past its former site pretty frequently as I am a "Big Brother" to a kid who lives down by Brigham Circle. All the signage is still up, too. Sad.
                    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                    -
                    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                      How new is the new Champions? I was there probably 2 years ago and it wasn't worth going to again IMO, if it's improved now I'll probably stop by before the NU BU game in a couple weeks.
                      Definitely worth checking out, in my opinion. Even just to compare and contrast with the old one.

Comment

student tickets are still available for the game tonight.
                        Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

This is always my favorite non-BU game of the season. Every year newbie BC fans go to NU's arena and do stupid "safety school" chants or whatever, only to be shanked and beaten after the game on the way home by armed ex-con NU student goons. This leads to a valuable lesson learned by our Eagle fan friends, which is that when a team's fans look, act, and dress like The Crips, its not a good idea to "disrespect" them on their home turf.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

rover.. you speak from experience
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Every time I go to Matthews I end up putting some money into what looks like a young, homeless person's cup and then I find out I just dropped coinage into an NU student's coffee. Boy do they get ticked!!!

In all honesty though, thinking of all the NU people I know quite well (many of them that post or posted here)... boy what a terrific bunch of people.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                ..This leads to a valuable lesson learned by our Eagle fan friends, which is that when a team's fans look, act, and dress like..
                                http://www.flickr.com/photos/janelf/4036270650/

...nice sweater by the way
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X