Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University vs Providence 2/19 and 20

Originally posted by BU Hammer View Post
    The thing about that first Providence game was that BU actually played a very strong game. Parker said afterward that he thought the Terriers played well and then said as much the next week after watching the gametape. Providence brought their best game and had enough things go its way to come away with the 'W.' It was just one of those days for BU.
    BU played a decent first, awful second and good third. Parker can say whatever he wants, but that doesn't constitute a strong game IMO.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

The thing about that first Providence game was that BU actually played a very strong game. Parker said afterward that he thought the Terriers played well and then said as much the next week after watching the gametape. Providence brought their best game and had enough things go its way to come away with the 'W.' It was just one of those days for BU.
      I know it was slightly after the break, but I felt that game epitomized the entire first half of the season. BU played "ok" (maybe even pretty good)...but we ran into a hot goalie, shot right at him, our goalies struggled and as a team we didn't bring enough hustle/heart.

In last week's Maine series I loved the backchecking, which is a great indication of hustle (and coincidentally BU's been winning).

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        It's the kind of game you hate because success really isn't an option it's either failure or not a failure. I think the PC win last month should help remove most of the trap element from this trap game though.
        This is a combination of true and I hope it's true.

I know the reason this weekend scares me is that if we win we don't feel all that great because I mean, we should be able to sweep PC... but if we lose it's devastating. Hopefully the team is up for the two games realizing they really represent do-or-die matches.

I'll admit I wasn't there, I was at home listening on the radio... but I've heard from several people that they thought this was one of the worst games they've seen BU play this year if not ever. Sounded like we came in, dropped an egg, and left.
        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

From the Freep recap of the Jan. 15 game

"In general, I don’t think this was a big step backward as far as our effort or the way we played,” BU coach Jack Parker said. “I’d say it’s a huge step backwards as far as not getting a ‘W.’ We needed that ‘W’ tonight.

“In general it was the type of game I thought it would be, but the score went the other way. I liked the way my team played in a lot of areas.”
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
            It's the kind of game you hate because success really isn't an option it's either failure or not a failure. I think the PC win last month should help remove most of the trap element from this trap game though.
            im not sure these are "trap games" per se, because that implies there's a game ahead of it that they'd be looking forward to i.e. pre and mid beanpot games. while the uvm games themselves are very big for conference standings and ncaa implications, they dont seem like the type that everyone in the bu locker room would be circling on their calendars and counting down the days until they get up there. i think this series is more about fighting complacency. certainly on paper bu looks like the better team, but that doesn't buy you anything on the ice.
            time to write new history

Comment

I believe the first PC game was on NESN, yeah? Jack might have been okay with it, but it was pretty uninspiring, particularly coming after two solid wins over UMass and BC post-break. It was another one of those games with inconsistent offensive play and just a lack of really good scoring chances and fire until it was too late.

Kinda like the Beanpot in a way, except that game was against BC (who can make even a good team look bad), and this one was against PC (who really shouldn't be able to do that).
              I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

So, mostly off topic (and I wanted to bump the thread anyway), but is Providence paying off Sneddon to tank his team in the hopes that they make the playoffs or at least don't finish last?
                "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  Gratuitous PC fan post!

And... I'm done.
                  You showing up for this one? Netman seemed so lonely last time until we came over for the 3rd.
                  Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

We'll be live blogging both games this weekend.

Also, bump.
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I'm thinking that there will be no to little traffic with school vacay and all... I may just head south in 45 minutes
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Line juggling

Bonino moves up between the trees
                        Popko takes his spot with the two burners
                        Megan line unchanged
                        Gilroy centering the fourth line.
                        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Due to previous snow I'll be at son's bball game on a Friday night.... I'll be checking the score thread... hopefully somebody staying at home will be able to send out some updates...thanks in advance...

I thought the PC goalie played well last time and we had several players playing 'hit the goalie' carnival game...I don't think he was Ken Dryden-esque but it looked like we just weren't going to score enough to win.
                          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Working...
                          X