No announcement yet.

BU 23-24 Post-Season and Off-Season: Jacks and Coles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Balls is joking thinking Celebrini isn’t leaving AFTER Will Smith signed…. sucks for all of us but can’t blame the kids for taking the money they most certainly earned

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
      Sorry to see Smith go but since the NHL has taken over college hockey it is expected. Maybe Celebrini stays but not likely. More and more it is just rooting for guys in different colored jerseys with limited connections to the school. It would have been fun to watch the games at either end of Comm Ave but sadly those days are gone.
      The skill level of player coming to college is also drastically higher than "those days."
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Michigan coming to Agganis Nov 1 & 2! #BlueBloodGoodness
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• I think Celebrini's dad will be an influence. He knows if Macklin is physically mature enough to go against much older/stronger men. Smith is 15 months older than him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            I think he was always 100% gone. And I don’t think Smith’s decision is a factor. Why would it be? I still find it interesting that they haven’t signed a coach.
            Don’t think those boys have chatted ??
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• I agree "those days" are gone and I miss them. I agree the skill level of the players are at a much higher than previously. It is now clearer than ever that all college sports are entertainment.

Comment

• I agree "those days" are gone and I miss them. I agree the skill level of the players are much higher than previously. It is now clearer than ever that all college sports are entertainment.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                  Don't know for sure, but I do not believe they're going to Cornell given they're already going to UNDx2, Michigan here x2, Belfast x2, Beanpot x2 - that's 80% of the OOC with two long trips and only two home games.
                  The Aggais website states that BU will play 19 home games this upcoming season. I'm sure 2 will be exhibitions; one vs the US under-18 team and one vs a Canadian university. That leaves 17 regular season games: 12 Hockey East games and 5 OOC games, including 2 vs Michigan. With 7 OOC games already known (Belfast x1, Beanpot x2, UND x2, Michigan x2) the remaing 3 must all be home games. Likely one before Thanksgiving and a 2-game series. So no trip to Lynah this season.

Sean
                  Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                  Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                  BU Hockey highlights and extras
                  NCAA Hockey Financials
                  Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                  I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                    The Aggais website states that BU will play 19 home games this upcoming season. I'm sure 2 will be exhibitions; one vs the US under-18 team and one vs a Canadian university. That leaves 17 regular season games: 12 Hockey East games and 5 OOC games, including 2 vs Michigan. With 7 OOC games already known (Belfast x1, Beanpot x2, UND x2, Michigan x2) the remaining 3 must all be home games. Likely one before Thanksgiving and a 2-game series. So no trip to Lynah this season.

Sean
                    It's my understanding BU will play non-conference home games vs. Holy Cross and Union prior to the @ N. Dakota (10/25, 10/26) and Michigan (11/1, 11/2) series. Dates TBC.

Comment

• Sux
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                        The Aggais website states that BU will play 19 home games this upcoming season. I'm sure 2 will be exhibitions; one vs the US under-18 team and one vs a Canadian university. That leaves 17 regular season games: 12 Hockey East games and 5 OOC games, including 2 vs Michigan. With 7 OOC games already known (Belfast x1, Beanpot x2, UND x2, Michigan x2) the remaing 3 must all be home games. Likely one before Thanksgiving and a 2-game series. So no trip to Lynah this season.

Sean
                        Looks like the website has been edited and now says 18 home games…. Maybe opens up one more away game?

Comment

• I've heard there is currently not an expectation that they will return the Cornell game at Lynah at all. Can't confirm that, but I believe that's where they're at now.

Also, both Belfast games will count as OOC games per McMahon. So OOC will be @Belfast x2, Beanpot x2, @UND x2, Michigan x2, Union, HC. To Sean's post above, that means there are only 2 remaining home games, which are covered by HC and Union. That's the schedule.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• BU home schedule is apparently going to be released today. Doubleheader w/ womens sneak peak below:

10/12 - Union
                            10/18 - UConn
                            10/19 - Harvard - must be exhibtion
                            11/1 - Michigan
                            11/8 - UML

Comment

• Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
                              BU home schedule is apparently going to be released today. Doubleheader w/ womens sneak peak below:

10/12 - Union
                              10/18 - UConn
                              10/19 - Harvard - must be exhibtion
                              11/1 - Michigan
                              11/8 - UML
                              Harvard as an exhibition is uncommon. In recent memory I can’t recall having and exhibition against an otherwise regular opponent…

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                Harvard as an exhibition is uncommon. In recent memory I can’t recall having and exhibition against an otherwise regular opponent…
                                The schedule is out and Harvard is indeed an exhibition. Speculation here: BU expected the Friendship Four game vs Merrimack to be a Hockey East game, so Harvard would have been a regular OOC game. However, Merrimack expected it to an OOC game. In the end Merrimack got what they wanted, leaving BU one over the limit. The Ivies leave games available and Harvard agreed to play it as a pre-season exhibition game (they did the same with UML last season).

Sean
                                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                                NCAA Hockey Financials
                                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Working...
                                X