X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amkirby10
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparkee View Post
    Looks like we close the 24/25 season at UMass-Amherst.

https://umassathletics.com/sports/me...ockey/schedule
    Man, three straight years of ending the season against the Minutemen.

Leave a comment:

• StillKIA2
    replied

San Jose Barracuda of AHL.
    On Celebrini’s line with the Barracuda, with Will Smith…Drew was joking about the three if them playing fir the Sharks, not the Barracuda

but it was a joke

Leave a comment:

• Sparkee
    replied
    Cole Hanson appears to be quite a golfer. https://twitter.com/griffensanom17/s...50270855942166

Leave a comment:

• Sparkee
    replied
    Looks like we close the 24/25 season at UMass-Amherst.

https://umassathletics.com/sports/me...ockey/schedule

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    It is a start, that is, shutting out UNH and ending UNH's season. A modest start indeed. I agree with you, let's see if he does even better things. I also agree with you on your other point that Boija is a promising yet somewhat unproven goalie.
    Fixed your post.

Leave a comment:

• Sparkee
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

I'm not sure that puts him in select company. Especially when his goalie coach beat UNH in OT in a D-1 title game.

Shutting out UNH at home in a HEA quarterfinal hopefully won't feature on Boija's personal list of greatest accomplishments by the time he moves on, or else he'll likely have had a pretty mediocre career, no?
    It is a start, that is, shutting out UNH and ending UNH’s season. A great start indeed. I agree with you, let’s hope he does even better things. I also agree with you on your other point that Boija is an outstanding goalie.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    He shut out UNH in one of the post season games.
    I'm not sure that puts him in select company. Especially when his goalie coach beat UNH in OT in a D-1 title game.

Shutting out UNH at home in a HEA quarterfinal hopefully won't feature on Boija's personal list of greatest accomplishments by the time he moves on, or else he'll likely have had a pretty mediocre career, no?

Leave a comment:

• NorthMike
    replied

So the guy who was too sick to play the final game, yet still managed to sit on the bench, is "proven and not a fluke"?

That sounds more like wishful thinking than anything "proven" at this point. Not trying to start anything here ... recall that Ostman was viewed as the clear #1 at this point last year, and look how that worked out. I have a lot of faith in Coach Barr's ability to make the right choices, and to coach guys up and develop them with his staff (as they've demonstrated over the last few seasons). But I'd respectfully state the jury is still out on Boija; less than half a season as UMaine's de facto #1 only makes him the incumbent #1 at the start of next season.
    I think Boija is going do pretty well, its just something about his poise, manner, positioning, and fundamentals.
    He has a ways to go dont get me wrong, if he can develop and build on those skills he could possibly become a top goalie.

Leave a comment:

• Sparkee
    replied

So the guy who was too sick to play the final game, yet still managed to sit on the bench, is "proven and not a fluke"?

That sounds more like wishful thinking than anything "proven" at this point. Not trying to start anything here ... recall that Ostman was viewed as the clear #1 at this point last year, and look how that worked out. I have a lot of faith in Coach Barr's ability to make the right choices, and to coach guys up and develop them with his staff (as they've demonstrated over the last few seasons). But I'd respectfully state the jury is still out on Boija; less than half a season as UMaine's de facto #1 only makes him the incumbent #1 at the start of next season.
    He shut out UNH in one of the post season games.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    When the second semester came and it was the hockey east schedule plus post-season Boija started 14 games and Ostman got 5 starts. The final game should have been a Boija start but he was sick. So to me this is already proven and not a fluke. I think with a full season of regular starts he will be an above average hockey east goalie. I'm also, like you, expecting Berzins to get some games where he can work his way into a rotation. But that is yet to be proven, though he did well in USHL down the stretch.

Leave a comment:

• Sparkee
    replied
    Originally posted by StillKIA2 View Post
    Houle in SJ?

really?
    San Jose Barracuda of AHL.

Leave a comment:

• Sparkee
    replied
    Busy day… Cody Laskosky(RW) joined Wisconsin after leaving RIT. Colby Ambrosio(RW) joined Miami after leaving BC. Ross Rolloson(RD) joined Niagara after leaving Lake State.

Forwards
    Jeremy Wilmer - LC - 4.25 - 0.89
    Cade Nielsen - LC - 3.75 - 0.78
    Liam Valente - LW - 3.75 - 0.77
    Evan Werner - RC - 4.0 - (?)
    Nick Rheaume - LC - 3.75 - (?)

Defense
    Arvils Bergmanis - LD - (?) - 0.71
    Ben Brunette - LD - 4.0 - (-0.04)

Leave a comment:

• StillKIA2
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Celebrini-Smith-Houle should be a really good line for San Jose next year.
    Houle in SJ?

really?

Leave a comment:

• Sparkee
    replied
    Originally posted by 9twenty View Post

One thing with goaltending is there is always a "IF"/imo....especially that Bojia did play well but next season is just that...another season to prove last season was not a fluke...but don't get me wrong,hoping he's 4-real...plus Berzins comes in and makes it a solid goaltending tandem.
    When the second semester came and it was the hockey east schedule plus post-season Boija started 14 games and Ostman got 5 starts. The final game should have been a Boija start but he was sick. So to me this is already proven and not a fluke. I think with a full season of regular starts he will be an above average hockey east goalie. I’m also, like you, expecting Berzins to get some games where he can work his way into a rotation. But that is yet to be proven, though he did well in USHL down the stretch.

Leave a comment:

• 9twenty
    replied

I’m not sure why the “IF” on goaltending. Ostman wasn’t very good his senior year, having started 5 more games than Boija. If Boija plays the lion’s share of games it is a lock to have better goaltending than this past season. I agree on the very promising part, Maine should be solid again this season, top 4 in hockey east seems like a reasonable prediction.
    One thing with goaltending is there is always a "IF"/imo....especially that Bojia did play well but next season is just that...another season to prove last season was not a fluke...but don't get me wrong,hoping he's 4-real...plus Berzins comes in and makes it a solid goaltending tandem.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X