X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by grooverider View Post

Yeah after he made chicken salad out of chicken **** this year since they were pressed against the cap due to going all in last year..stick to college hockey hot takes bud.
    Sorry if my post upset you. It’s a results business and the regular season doesn’t count for very much. Very few coaches are going to survive back to back playoff meltdowns. I’m sure Monty will be okay regardless of what happens.

Leave a comment:

• grooverider
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Monty back on the hot seat.
    Yeah after he made chicken salad out of chicken **** this year since they were pressed against the cap due to going all in last year..stick to college hockey hot takes bud.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I hope not. Monty and Swayman got their team into the second postseason round, which was above and beyond expectations of most hockey pundits. Now Neeley and Sweeney need to restructure the team around Swayman, McAvoy, and Pastrnak for next season, especially with all of the cap space that will be available.

Last edited by Snively65; 05-12-2024, 09:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    Carolina signs an AHL affiliation agreement with the Chicago Wolves. Maybe we now know Bradly's hockey home for next season.
    Good to see those kids (Carolina and Chicago AHL) sorted out their differences and got back together.

Wondering if Wolves got any concessions, as they were the ones who blew it up, then limped back to the table ...

Leave a comment:

• amkirby10
    replied
    Carolina signs an AHL affiliation agreement with the Chicago Wolves. Maybe we now know Bradly's hockey home for next season.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    Originally posted by StillKIA2 View Post

Yes…and

in my opinion he’s got a better track record knowing what he’s talking about than most people on here

i believe he did say that Maine would never return to the way it was under Walsh and I hope he’s wrong…but for what? 24 years he’s been right so far
    Saying there would never be another coach like Walshy is really going out on a limb

Leave a comment:

• grooverider
    replied
    Looks like since we play UMass for a single game on Sunday if the schedule holds to what it has been we will likely have a one off against a team we are playing on the road against twice during the regular season..based on last seasons schedule that team could be BC for a Friday night tilt. Providence, Northeastern also could be in the mix.

Leave a comment:

• StillKIA2
    replied
    Originally posted by UncleRay View Post

You sure he was joking? He's got a track record.
    Yes…and

in my opinion he’s got a better track record knowing what he’s talking about than most people on here

i believe he did say that Maine would never return to the way it was under Walsh and I hope he’s wrong…but for what? 24 years he’s been right so far

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparkee View Post

McAvoy has been screening his own goalie a lot without any opposing forwards in front. It is annoying watching him. He has had some bad turnovers(did you see the behind the back no look to the front of his own net last game) and unnecessary icings. I really like how he played in the past but watching him lately causes me to swear at him through my tv a lot.

The Bruins are finishing in the top 8, which is likely as good that the roster could allow. Certainly not terrible, but just not strong enough to be a legitimate contender.
    Yup, agree with everything here. I had been more concerned about Lindholm than McAvoy until the past month, but recently Lohrei has been their best D-man, I think.
    Last edited by Snively65; 05-11-2024, 03:01 PM. Reason: Spelling

Leave a comment:

• Sparkee
    replied
    Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Cannot blame either loss on Swayman, who has played great, I think.

The Bruins were a poorly constructed team this year with few adjustments made during the offseason, and when Bergeron and Krejci eventually announced their retirements not much cap space was freed up anyway. Management will need to make major changes in the roster for next season surrounding Swayman, Pastrnak, and McAvoy, despite the latter playing lousy the past month. I am frankly surprised that the Bruins got past the Leafs and won the first game against the Panthers.
    McAvoy has been screening his own goalie a lot without any opposing forwards in front. It is annoying watching him. He has had some bad turnovers(did you see the behind the back no look to the front of his own net last game) and unnecessary icings. I really like how he played in the past but watching him lately causes me to swear at him through my tv a lot.

The Bruins are finishing in the top 8, which is likely as good that the roster could allow. Certainly not terrible, but just not strong enough to be a legitimate contender.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    A little off-topic here, but the Bruins suck.

Carry on.
    Cannot blame either loss on Swayman, who has played great, I think.

The Bruins were a poorly constructed team this year with few adjustments made during the offseason, and when Bergeron and Krejci eventually announced their retirements not much cap space was freed up anyway. Management will need to make major changes in the roster for next season surrounding Swayman, Pastrnak, and McAvoy, despite the latter playing lousy the past month. I am frankly surprised that the Bruins got past the Leafs and won the first game against the Panthers.
    Last edited by Snively65; 05-11-2024, 09:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    Man, three straight years of ending the season against the Minutemen.
    It's always seemed to me that the Hockey East schedulers have often followed the same general pattern of scheduling the league games over the years. I know that when we were regular attendees when our kids were kids, we could almost predict which schools would be where on the UNH schedule for years on end. Stands to reason it would be the same everywhere else, too. Always wondered if this was at least in part driven by three HEA schools having unconventional early February schedules due to the Beanpot, with the rest just being "if it's not broken, don't fix it"?

Or it could be lack of imagination and/or just general laziness in the offices of HEA??? Nah, couldn't be lol ...

Leave a comment:

• UncleRay
    replied
    Originally posted by StillKIA2 View Post

On Celebrini’s line with the Barracuda, with Will Smith…Drew was joking about the three if them playing fir the Sharks, not the Barracuda

but it was a joke
    You sure he was joking? He's got a track record.

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied
    A little off-topic here, but the Bruins suck.

Carry on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X